Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26

Author Topic: Hatred  (Read 41715 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Hatred
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2014, 02:04:03 pm »

Holy shit, those parodies. #2 is my favorite.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2014, 02:05:56 pm »

Holy shit, those parodies. #2 is my favorite.

#2 all the way.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2014, 02:40:03 pm »

My ultimate question to people that don't like it...Why are you here then?
I had to pause the video after the first line of the monologue because I was coughing up my drink. I wasn't expecting to laugh at the trailer.
I guess I wasn't the only one.  :P
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2014, 03:03:08 pm »

I wouldn't have guessed there were so many edgelords on Bay12.

As with most shock art, the game looks pretty meh. The "shock" can't make up for a poor game if you aren't shocked.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2014, 05:04:26 pm »

I don't know about everyone else, but I came here with no prior knowledge, and the OP did, explicitly, ask 'what do you think?'. So...
what i did :-[

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2014, 05:05:06 pm »

GTA does what this game wants to do far better. Like anything that claims to be against having a message, that is itself a message.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2014, 05:10:18 pm »

Well, if anything, the seemingly destructible terrain and physics seem interesting, but in the end its just a dual stick shooter with a dumb filter and theme.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2014, 09:06:41 pm »

What would constitute a non-dumb theme, then?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2014, 09:25:52 pm »

The thing that entertains me far more than this game is that, rather than decrying this game for having really fucked up violence (which it does), a surprising majority of people have called this out for what it pretty much is: a 3edgy5u reenactment of middle school loner bullshit, basically.

Alternatively, how every non-gun owner sees gun-owners. I might quote that "MAH NAYME ESS NOT EMPURHTENT" line in the future specifically because of that.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2014, 10:28:03 pm »

The thing that entertains me far more than this game is that, rather than decrying this game for having really fucked up violence (which it does), a surprising majority of people have called this out for what it pretty much is: a 3edgy5u reenactment of middle school loner bullshit, basically.
Well yeah, it's because games already went through that phase. That was the 90s era of Duke Nukem and such.  We're not only so far done with that era that it feels stale, we're so far past it even ultraviolent parodies of it feel stale.

And so far as I can tell, it's not even intended as a parody. It's not horrific because of violence (been there, done that), it's horrific because it's the video game equivalent of forgetting to get dressed before going to school.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2014, 02:34:20 am »

What majority, though? Nearly everyone in the mainstream collectively shit themselves over this like they just heard the brown noise. Shock tactics apparently still work, even though we're looking at a modern Postal.

If you mean here specifically, then I'd say Hatred would have a hard time contending with what you can do in Dwarf Fortress's Adventure Mode or Liberal Crime Squad.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2014, 04:54:10 am »

Well yeah, it's because games already went through that phase. That was the 90s era of Duke Nukem and such.  We're not only so far done with that era that it feels stale, we're so far past it even ultraviolent parodies of it feel stale.

And so far as I can tell, it's not even intended as a parody. It's not horrific because of violence (been there, done that), it's horrific because it's the video game equivalent of forgetting to get dressed before going to school.

If you are implying that Duke Nukem of all games is anywhere near serious, I'm going to chuckle at you, good sir!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2014, 05:53:56 am »

Ok looked at the intro. Can ANYONE tell me what's the fuss about it?
This is LITERALLY Postal 1-2 HD and i see no reason to go into full batshit panic mode because it exists.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26