Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Conscript Armor: Droids  (Read 10019 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Conscript Armor: When was last you saw yourself?
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2014, 08:05:59 pm »

"This!"
Aedan presses the off color tile and then drops to the floor.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2014, 12:15:55 am »

Jeff hits the deck out of instinct.

"What is it?"
"This!"
Aedan presses the off color tile and then drops to the floor.
Jeff, by now used to these impulses, hits the deck as Aedan carelessly touches the off-color steel tile without first looking at it closely. His fingers brush the surface of it and in that moment something bursts through, causing the panel to be flung violently away. Aedan is struck full in the chest by the face of the panel, knocking him cleanly from his feet and slamming him into the opposite wall. He careens off the hard metal surface and lands on his side with an audible thud. He wheezes painfully and curls up into a ball, momentarily dazed by the impact.

While Aedan lies there recovering, Jeff, his arms raised protectively over his head, lowers them long enough to glance at the neat hole where the missing panel used to be. The gap is about two feet wide and half that tall, and protruding from it is a large reptilian head. It's grotesquely, impossibly flat and wide, and the first thing you note is that it has no eyes. Instead there are two gaping holes on either side of it's grey-scaled snout. At first you think it's a wound, but you quickly come to the realization that they had never been there to begin with. It faces directly at Jeff and freezes, it's eye holes flexing slightly, the pink edges squeezing together, as if squinting. Then, as if satisfied he wasn't going to move, the creature steadily emerged from the hole and stretched towards Aedan's motionless body. It's wide mouth slit open and a freakishly long tongue rolled out, hitting the floor with a wet slap and lurching over towards Aedan's helpless form.

You were frozen in mortal terror until now, but you managed to pull yourself together. Jeff, how do you react?

Inventory
Ico 21 Pistol (Revolver) 6/6
 - 15x 45. Rounds
Medical Satchel (cloth bandages, alcohol, skin stapler, iodine, etc.)
100g Explosive Powder
Starch Paper
4x Matches
Data Recorder
 - Pictape, "MCity 2:Block 121"
 - Textape, "Nutrient Processing and Distribution Plant 83-B"

Spoiler: KJ/Aedan(M) (click to show/hide)
Inventory
Chemical Cutting Torch
Shortwave Hand Radio
2.5-Foot Industrial Wrench
Powered Monocular (magnification up to 20x)
 - Small Battery [30%]
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:19:53 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2014, 07:33:29 am »

"Fucking hell! Diediedie!

Jeff starts firing his revolver at the disgusting head.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:00 pm »

"Fucking hell! Diediedie!

Jeff starts firing his revolver at the disgusting head.
So you're going to unload the pistol?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2014, 05:28:14 pm »

((Three rounds. If that doesn't do the trick, three more.))
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2014, 01:58:41 am »

[d20 = 7] You miss your first two shots and the third glances off the monster's scales. It ignores you, it's tongue wrapping around Aeden's leg and pulling him towards it's gaping maw. [d20 = 6] Aiming nowhere in particular, you continue firing and empty the rest of the revolver at the giant snake's face. Your bullets have no visible effect, the creature hardly notices the gesture. Aedan is no longer stunned and is keenly aware of what's happening. His lower left leg is by now totally enveloped by the tongue, and his foot has already entered the monster's mouth. It's powerful throat muscles seize his foot and start tugging him inexorably into it's gullet.

Inventory
Ico 21 Pistol (Revolver) 0/6
 - 15x 45. Rounds
Medical Satchel (cloth bandages, alcohol, skin stapler, iodine, etc.)
100g Explosive Powder
Starch Paper
4x Matches
Data Recorder
 - Pictape, "MCity 2:Block 121"
 - Textape, "Nutrient Processing and Distribution Plant 83-B"

Spoiler: KJ/Aedan(M) (click to show/hide)
Inventory
Chemical Cutting Torch
Shortwave Hand Radio
2.5-Foot Industrial Wrench
Powered Monocular (magnification up to 20x)
 - Small Battery [30%]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:21:25 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2014, 05:31:52 am »

"Aedan! Use your cutting torch!"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2014, 08:56:28 am »

Aedan does just that as he tries to buy himself time kicking against the creatures maw..

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2014, 04:46:27 pm »

Are you going to attempt anything else GR?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2014, 05:32:32 pm »

Jeff attempts to get the thing's attention as he reloads.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Conscript Armor: Science Fiction Post-Apocalypyse
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2014, 05:04:20 pm »

Zietboro looks at the time remaining on the topographical download and decides to shut it down. -0.5% Power Not worth the juice, we can always do it later.. She looks up through the top hatch at Rolf and bangs on the hull with her fist. Hey Rolf! Get your butt inside we're taking off! He grumbles and slides back into the turret, pulling the hatch closed behind him.

Zietboro presses her face to her periscope. Okay Yul.. Gimme forward acceleration, steady as she goes pal. He mutters an expletive, Roger, and kicks the accelerator, jamming the stick into gear with one fist setting the tank rolling down the road.

Arriving at the edge of the city, you see that you're coming up on an economical district. All the cities are entirely made up of fat towers the size of city blocks, averaging about 200 meters in height, but the public commercial towers are much thinner and of far more interesting shapes and shades (all government approved) than the dull grey squares that make up the rest of the city. The buildings are collected in tight clusters with space for walking, every fifth story of every structure interconnected by a geometric lattice of glass footbridges, and larger spans that rival the highways stretch high over the city streets tying each cluster to it's neighboring clusters. The entire district is more than a dozen kilometers squared.

Spoiler: (L)AU-12 (click to show/hide)
Condition - Top Hatch Sealed
Armor
 - Forward (Thick, pocked)
 - Right (Thick, scarred)
 - Left (Thick)
 - Rear (Thin)
Electric Engine (Running Smoothly)
 - 30 Pound Battery Cell (Active, 31.5%)
 - 6 Pound Reserve Cell (Inactive, 0%)

Weapons
Main 100mm (Cleared) (1x HEAT, 1x SABOT)
 - Coaxial 12.7mm (0043/1000)
Pintle Dual 13.2mm (10/50) (03/50)
Forward Hull 12.7mm (0000/1000)

Inventory
P22 9mm Service Pistol 05/10
 - 1x P22 Magazine 00/10

Inventory
Various Compact Cassette Tapes

Inventory
3x Cigarettes
Personal Lighter

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2014, 03:56:30 pm »

"I think we should go see if we can find a droids shop. Never know there might be some gear worth salvaging."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2014, 06:07:13 pm »

"I think we should go see if we can find a droids shop. Never know there might be some gear worth salvaging."
You can see some large signs from the driver's viewport attached to some of various buildings ahead of you. You can't read them from here though, someone would have to take a closer look. There's probably more around you that you can't see from here.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2014, 01:21:10 pm »

bump to make live...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2014, 11:11:51 pm »

Strife and USEC aren't doing much so I'll update you other guys in a minute.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9