Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Conscript Armor: Droids  (Read 9996 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Conscript Armor: When was last you saw yourself?
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2015, 06:45:43 pm »

[d20+1(welding) = 21] Aedan flips the torch out of his belt and grits his teeth as he fumbles with it, clicking the starter impatiently until it finally flares to life with a draconic puff. He tweaks some knobs on the handle until the flame is thin and long, the blind snake looking on blankly. He leans up with a grunt and waves the tip of the flame over the tongue encoiling his leg. The snake jerks slightly and Aedan looks at the thin red line produced across the surface of the tongue. In the next moment the wound splits and widens and blood jets forth from it. The snake emits a disturbing groan and it's face twitches emotively. Aedan, seeing this effect, swings dramatically with the flame a second time, this time severing the tongue completely with the blow, at once causing it and him to together drop to the floor. The snake's lips shut with a slap and it vanishes soundlessly into the vent as a wisp of smoke, leaving Jeff and Aedan lying on the floor clutching their weapons, the latter covered head to waist in arterial blood, steadily panting with receding terror.

Inventory
Ico 21 Pistol (Revolver) 0/6
 - 15x 45. Rounds
Medical Satchel (cloth bandages, alcohol, skin stapler, iodine, etc.)
100g Explosive Powder
Starch Paper
4x Matches
Data Recorder
 - Pictape, "MCity 2:Block 121"
 - Textape, "Nutrient Processing and Distribution Plant 83-B"

Spoiler: KJ/Aedan(M) (click to show/hide)
Inventory
Chemical Cutting Torch
Shortwave Hand Radio
2.5-Foot Industrial Wrench
Powered Monocular (magnification up to 20x)
 - Small Battery [30%]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:38:52 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2015, 06:58:55 pm »

Aedan lays there taking in the fact he nearly died. Then he starts chuckling. After a few moments of that which ends with Aedan in full blown laughter he gets up slowly and shakes his upper body in glee.
"I am ALIVE!"

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2015, 04:14:05 pm »

Jeff attempts to control his breathing and his shaking hands.

"Jesus H. That was close. What in the everloving FUCK was that?"
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Conscript Armor: Science Fiction Post-Apocalypyse
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2015, 04:29:38 am »

The sky booms, an overcast has fallen while you were walking, making the city seem even grayer than it already is. [d20 = 17] T(ower)H(abitation)-3491 is the designation stenciled near it's base beside the door, you decide to check it out just as the rain begins to fall and take shelter inside.

You approach the front door and it zips aside politely along it's well-oiled mechanical runners. The ground floor of the tower is an uncomfortably blank room with low ceilings, your wet shoes make squelching noises on the vaguely colored matte floors. Hank has to tilt the barrel of the rifle on his shoulder backward as he comes inside, then the door shuts behind you, smothering the sound of water pattering delicately on the pavement outside. There's a flickering and you're left with the sounds of the buzzing halogen lamps overhead, all dim and some visibly fading.

To the north, far at the opposite end of the room is what looks to be a bank of personal elevators. There are various doors, most of them blank, located on the east and west walls. [d20+2(mechanic) = 13] Hank notes in particular that one is marked with a symbol shaped like a wrench. On the south wall behind you is the main entrance of course, smack in the center of the wall, and nearby further along the wall is a rather tiny and unremarkable switch panel. The room itself is clean in the sense that it is totally unfurnished, though here and there are small piles of rubbish in the middle of the floor. As you stand there you can sense just at the edge of your conscious faculty an underlying electronic hum that seemingly comes from everywhere at once.

Inventory
Chemblade
Aperturehound 20mm AT Rifle 5/5
 - 19x 20mm Rounds
Toolpack

Inventory
Deplau 9mm Sub Gun 50/50
 - 2x Box Magazines (29/50, 50/50)
Set of Picks
Data Recorder
Books
 - Coyote
 - Fowls of the Air and the Government
 - How to Stay Alive in the Woods
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:33:27 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2015, 11:57:33 am »

"What do you want to bet they have a comp somewhere around here that we can use..."

Sneak about looking for a computer to hack.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2015, 03:37:21 pm »

Talking is a free action guys. Go ahead and chat it up.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2015, 04:40:19 pm »

Hank nods, "Sure, you might want to take a look at the switch panel, I plan on checking out that. He motions towards the door with the wrench.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2015, 05:01:23 pm »

"Theres probably also a comp at what might pass for a help desk, but thats the second place I'll look."
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2015, 04:38:25 am »

((USEC and Strife are out, I know Strife is busy and USEC has always had a hard time keeping up with games so hopefully there's no hard feelings but I haven't heard from you in the thread after some time and I've sent PMs. If you really really want to keep playing that's fine, but if you find you're forcing yourself to continue you don't need to keep going.))

((Adwarf if nothing changes then from here on out you get total control over those other two characters' actions when it comes to important stuff like combat and travel but officially they belong to me like any other NPC.))

"I think we should go see if we can find a droids shop. Never know there might be some gear worth salvaging."
Might as well make a stop while we're here.. Is that on ground level? You point out the signs and Rolf uses the gun scope to read it. [d20 = 19] Let's see.. TC-14, 15, 16.. A-ha! TC-19 via Ramp 5a, Level 2 is a droid housing and maintenance area. Right, not far then. Ramp 5 is just there. Drive us up when ready Anston, along the A junction.

Zietboror directs you from the cupola and together you head up to Level 2. The two-way ramp is mercifully wide and there's plenty of room to maneuver the tank as the road curves towards the tower. You're forced to stop when you reach a large solid emergency door located where the ramp meets the tower, it looks thicker and heavier than even your tank's bulkhead. Zietboro throws open the top hatch and dismounts. You watch her walk towards the door and inspect it. [d20 = 17] By chance she finds a hidden panel near the middle of the door behind which is the manual door release, which she triggers. She walks back and climbs into the tank as the door slowly rises upward.

Anston rolls the tank a few feet beyond the emergency door within the storage house. The interior of the warehouse is pitch dark except for the area illuminated by the sunlight streaming in from outside, one could speculate that the level or possibly the entire building lost power which might begin to explain why the emergency door fell. Large, dark shapes occupy the center of the room, it's not quite bright enough in here to make them out.

Spoiler: (L)AU-12 (click to show/hide)
Condition - Top Hatch Sealed
Armor
 - Forward (Thick, pocked)
 - Right (Thick, scarred)
 - Left (Thick)
 - Rear (Thin)
Electric Engine (Running Smoothly)
 - 30 Pound Battery Cell (Active, 31.5%)
 - 6 Pound Reserve Cell (Inactive, 0%)

Weapons
Main 100mm (Cleared) (1x HEAT, 1x SABOT)
 - Coaxial 12.7mm (0043/1000)
Pintle Dual 13.2mm (10/50) (03/50)
Forward Hull 12.7mm (0000/1000)

Inventory
Various Compact Cassette Tapes

Spoiler: Rolf D. Dolivich (M) (click to show/hide)
Inventory
3x Cigarettes
Personal Lighter

Spoiler: Georgia Zietboro (F) (click to show/hide)
Inventory
P22 9mm Service Pistol 05/10
 - 1x P22 Magazine 00/10

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2015, 08:11:43 pm »

"Well then lets just give this place a bit of light, Rolf would you do me a favor and be ready with the gun? I've not lived long enough to be done in by some busted droid."

Flip on the tank's headlights and examine the area we're in.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #100 on: January 09, 2015, 09:48:28 pm »

Aedan lays there taking in the fact he nearly died. Then he starts chuckling. After a few moments of that which ends with Aedan in full blown laughter he gets up slowly and shakes his upper body in glee.
"I am ALIVE!"
You cheer and wave your torch in celebration. The severed bit of snake tongue still tensed about your leg writhes slowly, oozing blood. You grimace in disgust and push it off with your other foot, not wanting to touch it.

Jeff attempts to control his breathing and his shaking hands.

"Jesus H. That was close. What in the everloving FUCK was that?"
You look up at the vent. It was waiting for you..? You're not sure how it could've known you were coming, or that it could get Aedan from behind the panel. You stand up and cautiously peer inside. Empty. It's big enough to crawl through, and you wouldn't have to leave any of your stuff behind, but..

Inventory
Ico 21 Pistol (Revolver) 0/6
 - 15x 45. Rounds
Medical Satchel (cloth bandages, alcohol, skin stapler, iodine, etc.)
100g Explosive Powder
Starch Paper
4x Matches
Data Recorder
 - Pictape, "MCity 2:Block 121"
 - Textape, "Nutrient Processing and Distribution Plant 83-B"

Spoiler: KJ/Aedan(M) (click to show/hide)
Inventory
Chemical Cutting Torch
Shortwave Hand Radio
2.5-Foot Industrial Wrench
Powered Monocular (magnification up to 20x)
 - Small Battery [30%]

Sneak about looking for a computer to hack.
There aren't any computers, but you decide it'd be worth checking out the switch panel. [d20 = 20] It's all mundane, toggles for the lights (numbered 1, 2 and 3), as well as room temperature control and a dial that adjusts the opacity of the wall facing the street. There's also an intercom with various settings and controls including an automatic call switch for maintenance, security and 'hospitality' respectively.

Enter the mechanic's door cautiously. Up in the air still.
[d20 = 4] The door is electronic, it doesn't seem to be powered.

Inventory
Chemblade
Aperturehound 20mm AT Rifle 5/5
 - 19x 20mm Rounds
Toolpack

Inventory
Deplau 9mm Sub Gun 50/50
 - 2x Box Magazines (29/50, 50/50)
Set of Picks
Data Recorder
Books
 - Coyote
 - Fowls of the Air and the Government
 - How to Stay Alive in the Woods

"Well then lets just give this place a bit of light, Rolf would you do me a favor and be ready with the gun? I've not lived long enough to be done in by some busted droid."

Flip on the tank's headlights and examine the area we're in.
Rolf remarks. I hear you Anston. You can hear him settling into the gun sights behind you.

[d20 = 16] You toggle the headlamps and the room is flooded with light, illuminating the dark shapes. They appear to be large black crates, about 10 meters tall and slightly wider. They're left in rows with space enough between to drive the tank through. The rows stretch on for a bit, it's difficult to see what else might be further in the warehouse. You hear Zietboro whisper on the intercom. Those aren't droids, are they?

Spoiler: (L)AU-12 (click to show/hide)
Condition - Top Hatch Sealed
Armor
 - Forward (Thick, pocked)
 - Right (Thick, scarred)
 - Left (Thick)
 - Rear (Thin)
Electric Engine (Running Smoothly)
 - 30 Pound Battery Cell (Active, 31.5%)
 - 6 Pound Reserve Cell (Inactive, 0%)

Weapons
Main 100mm (Cleared) (1x HEAT, 1x SABOT)
 - Coaxial 12.7mm (0043/1000)
Pintle Dual 13.2mm (10/50) (03/50)
Forward Hull 12.7mm (0000/1000)

Inventory
Various Compact Cassette Tapes

Spoiler: Rolf D. Dolivich (M) (click to show/hide)
Inventory
3x Cigarettes
Personal Lighter

Spoiler: Georgia Zietboro (F) (click to show/hide)
Inventory
P22 9mm Service Pistol 05/10
 - 1x P22 Magazine 00/10
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 09:51:13 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2015, 12:06:44 pm »

"Just light switches, temp controls and an intercom. You have better luck?"

Head over to the maint door
Highly Opinionated Fool

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2015, 08:40:14 am »

"No sir, door's un-powered, but if we got a source of power I am sure I could Jerry rig the thing together to open up.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2015, 11:37:03 am »

"Well, the switch panel has to be powered somehow... Probably has a powercell somewhere..."

Look for a power lead
Highly Opinionated Fool

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2015, 08:09:34 pm »

"Well, the switch panel has to be powered somehow... Probably has a powercell somewhere..."

Look for a power lead
There aren't any visible wires leading out of the panel, the leads are probably inconspicuously located inside the walls. [minor electronics check: d20+1computers = 13] You know buildings are powered by plants in the inner city via underground conduits. The problem with the maintenance door is that it's no longer receiving flow. Perhaps some wires deteriorated or there was a surge and a fuse blew somewhere. Unfortunately if the fuse boxes are anywhere, they're probably in the maintenance room.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9