Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Amber Titan  (Read 1577 times)

Nerdfighter_619

• Bay Watcher
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
Amber Titan
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:24:27 pm »

In my adventurer world, everyone keeps telling me to kill a "tundra titan" which is made of amber. How tough would that be?
Word Domination: Because everyone needs a hobby.

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amber Titan
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 02:41:38 pm »

Not very. Bring iron weapon. My experience tells me that biggest hazard of Titan is his attack, not his defense. If it's shooting webs or explodes in dust - then it's time to panic.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:51:34 pm »

It depends on the titan. Try looking it up in legends mode, if it has webs or deadly dust it could be dangerous. Webs especially, because dust usually isn't deadly. Usually, but sometimes it makes you explode in blood.

But amber isn't that hard to break. Repeated attacks to the same place will eventually shatter it. Just keep hitting one or two legs until it falls, then go for the neck.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 02:58:05 pm »

Currently, Amber has the exact same material properties as snow, mud, and vomit - even punching it a few times will probably be enough to kill it.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Nerdfighter_619

• Bay Watcher
  • DFTBA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 04:53:13 pm »

Awesome, thanks. It has a deadly spittle attack, but that probably won't be much of a problem with shield and dodging.
Word Domination: Because everyone needs a hobby.

GENERATION 33:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 12:40:18 pm »

Currently, Amber has the exact same material properties as snow, mud, and vomit - even punching it a few times will probably be enough to kill it.

Tree resin stone. Still gooey after all this time.  :D

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:11:58 pm by Spectre Incarnate »
The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?