Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [SG] War for Orbit [Year: 1942]  (Read 3353 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] War for Orbit [Year: 1942]
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 07:11:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 10:21:26 pm »

This actually seems pretty interesting.  I'm not going to post much, but I must say, it might be a good idea to research engines.  Not proposing it cause lazy. 

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 10:49:19 pm »

Also, RAM, I'm not sure why you just created a ditto proposal, but if you were under the impression that that was how you voted, no no it isn't.
I was trying to address a duplicate, as there were two eights...

Code: [Select]
1. I propose a medium project of developing pressure chambers and heat-resistant flaps to redirect the flow of propellants so as to use our main thrust for steering.(RAM)
2. I propose the small project of converting a Single Person Test Vehicle into a self-propelled projectile. This will be primarily a research project to determine the difficulties present in maintaining predictable flight-patterns in unmanned vehicles. (Andres)(RAM)
3. I propose a medium effort be directed towards researching new fuels to enhance the efficiency of delivering vehicles to space.(RAM)
4. I propose a small project to make blowtorches that work in space. (Andres)(RAM)
5. I propose a small project to make low-penetration guns that work in space. (Andres)
6.  Large project : B-42 Stratospheric Denial Platform
7. I propose we research better and more long lasting fuel
8. Research Satellites!
9. Begin prototyping space suits for various animals including mice, dogs, and chimps. (Andres)
10. Research space stations. (Andres)(RAM)

A: I propose we create a zero gravity room if we currently don't have one to train space marines.
  A.1: Regarding the lack of a facility to properly train Space-capable combat personnel, the construction of a artificial 'space environment', made with a water filled chamber and mock-ups of various hulls(preferrably to resemble German designs) and the acquisition of diving gear to help train said Combat Personnel, until such time a full combat-ready space suit is developed, upon which that suit will be used for training breaches.(RAM)
B:
C:
D:
E:
F:

Alpha: Train Space Marines (Andres)
Beta: If we are going to be training in aquariums anyway, lets just train sharks. We will need to design some basic thrusters to replicate a shark's swimming motion in low gravity environs and some basic breathing apparatus, but once we have that in place, the sharks should be well equipped to operate in close quarters in a three dimensional environment and chemically inducing the required levels of aggression should not be too difficult..(RAM)
Gamma:
Delta:
Epsilon:
Zeta:
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2014, 01:27:22 am »

I was going to post additional suggestions, but I have not enough time. Therefore I will once again note that our current main threat is a bomber which operates in atmosphere. Therefore all our efforts are currently useless at stopping that threat.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2014, 01:31:57 am »

Stopping the bomber would not be in our best interest. Right now, it's doing negligible damage to us. If we start destroying it the Germans will respond by making it better, making more, making different planes. We don't want that.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2014, 01:33:35 am »

I was going to post additional suggestions, but I have not enough time. Therefore I will once again note that our current main threat is a bomber which operates in atmosphere. Therefore all our efforts are currently useless at stopping that threat.
Allow me to quote myself...
Er, let me clarify. The Bomber does have engines and can undertake powered maneuvering. It's just that fuel is, well, a limited resource, so it saved fuel by skipping off the atmosphere a few times to get back around the world to Germany. It approaches at, and is initially launched to, a higher altitude which it descends from in order to gain velocity for the whole skipping thing, and to properly direct its bombs to land on what it wants them to land on. Even if targeting is still limited to 'about the general area of a city' currently.
Should I have used deorbits from instead of descends from in order to make this more clear? I mean, this is called War for Orbit and is supposed to be a space game, after all...
Stopping the bomber would not be in our best interest. Right now, it's doing negligible damage to us. If we start destroying it the Germans will respond by making it better, making more, making different planes. We don't want that.
Stopping it from randomly bombing your cities is, in fact, your official mission goal right now.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2014, 01:43:06 am »

Well when the inspector shows up, THEN we pay attention to our "official mission goals". Until then, we do what's best for the greater good... and AMERICA.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2014, 01:45:02 am »

Yes.

Still, it merely requires me to change my statement to a bomber which predominately operates in atmosphere. Still a sub-orbital vehicle.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2014, 02:10:33 am »

SPACE NAZIS?!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2014, 02:15:19 am »

SPACE NAZIS!!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2014, 05:42:20 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've set my votes, for now.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.
Pages: 1 2 [3]