Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: magmaman not pathing into my fortress!  (Read 658 times)

Falconbridge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
magmaman not pathing into my fortress!
« on: October 14, 2014, 07:16:41 pm »

Hello all. I have great need of your wisdom. I am attempting to capture a magmaman. The wiki mention a bug about not being able to swim but he swims fine up and down the tube (i'm using modest-accelerated mod for 34.11 so i guess they fixed him up).
He has been chilling in my volcano for the last 3-4 years despite having a (Cage traped) path into my fortress, with bait furniture (checked the raws, he is buildingdestroyer2 and i've given him extravison too).
I initally though the diagonal entry was preventing him from pathing in so I built a ramp at the top of the volcano for him to climb out ( the ramp is submerged in lava so he should be able to use it)... this also failed miserably.

I really want him since my favorite dwarf likes magmaman and i'd like to furnish his bedroom with a magmaman aquarium.
You are my only hope.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: magmaman not pathing into my fortress!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 08:55:46 am »

throw a puppy or kitten out there so he gets out of the magma to fight it and spot the destructible furniture. Even if it doesnt work it has the benefit of funny puppy or kitten slaughter. Maybe it's me, but magma doesnt seem very see-through and the extravision may not reach far enough.

Lastly, he may just have a very peaceful personality. Be nice to him, ok?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.