Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Mafia Victory  (Read 51885 times)

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 2: Less Deaths Than Expected
« Reply #195 on: November 01, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »

Also, TheDarkStar has legit made me lose my mind. I never said I didn't like posting Day 1 reads. I said that they are often wrong and are not as useful as later reads, but they can move the game state forward, so they are pro-town in general. Can't really respond to anything else in there since none of it has anything to do with the current day. (What's with the stalling?)

You noted that you did not like Day 1 reads, but you saw that they were necessary. That's not my main point, though. Your play yesterday was scummy, and I want you to answer some questions about your lynch choice. It might be about a different day, but how does that make the events of Day 1 less important?

I've answered everything you asked about today already, at length. Explain how my actions were scummy.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 01, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »

Also, TheDarkStar has legit made me lose my mind. I never said I didn't like posting Day 1 reads. I said that they are often wrong and are not as useful as later reads, but they can move the game state forward, so they are pro-town in general. Can't really respond to anything else in there since none of it has anything to do with the current day. (What's with the stalling?)

You noted that you did not like Day 1 reads, but you saw that they were necessary. That's not my main point, though. Your play yesterday was scummy, and I want you to answer some questions about your lynch choice. It might be about a different day, but how does that make the events of Day 1 less important?

I've answered everything you asked about today already, at length. Explain how my actions were scummy.

If you answered it already, you won't mind quoting it. Can I see where you answered it? Also, another question to you: Why did you avoid saying why you wanted to lynch flabort yesterday?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Not-So-Beginner Mafia 5: Day 1: A Small Problem
« Reply #197 on: November 01, 2014, 07:14:01 pm »

TheDarkStar

My case on Flabort was that his answers were dodgy, his wording was oftentimes politicized and steeped in obtuse metaphors, and his actions didn't line up with a town mindset.

I never "avoided" saying why I wanted to lynch Flabort yesterday any more than you did. Care to explain how that would make me scum in any case?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 01, 2014, 07:30:59 pm »

TheDarkStar

My case on Flabort was that his answers were dodgy, his wording was oftentimes politicized and steeped in obtuse metaphors, and his actions didn't line up with a town mindset.

I never "avoided" saying why I wanted to lynch Flabort yesterday any more than you did. Care to explain how that would make me scum in any case?

You are still avoiding answering my question. If you wondering why it makes you scummy, though, it's because you voted to lynch a townie for no good reason. This makes me think that you just wanted to get someone lynched, which is a scum attitude.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 01, 2014, 07:38:53 pm »

TheDarkStar, I asked you a question earlier. Would you mind answering it?

Okay, slept on this and have had time to think it over. Apologies to you, Cheetar, for losing my cool. It's been a rough week IRL.

That's perfectly fine. My tone was more rude than it should've been.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2014, 07:42:27 pm »

TheDarkStar

You are still avoiding answering my question. If you wondering why it makes you scummy, though, it's because you voted to lynch a townie for no good reason. This makes me think that you just wanted to get someone lynched, which is a scum attitude.

Flabort was scummy because his reads looked fabricated as all hell, he was speaking in confusing riddles, and was acting, in general, from what looked like a scum mindset. If you read up on day 2 before posting, you'd have known this already.

Now, why did you lynch Flabort? Because you hopped right on that wagon and rode it to lynch very nearly when I did. Was it for the same reasons, because that's what your posts tell me. If so, how is it scummy when I do it and not when you do? Because you want an easy wagon to sheep that already has a little momentum?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2014, 08:19:19 pm »

Scripten:

TheDarkStar

Flabort was scummy because his reads looked fabricated as all hell, he was speaking in confusing riddles, and was acting, in general, from what looked like a scum mindset. If you read up on day 2 before posting, you'd have known this already.

Now, why did you lynch Flabort? Because you hopped right on that wagon and rode it to lynch very nearly when I did. Was it for the same reasons, because that's what your posts tell me. If so, how is it scummy when I do it and not when you do? Because you want an easy wagon to sheep that already has a little momentum?

Another question to you: Why did you not explain why you were lynching flabort Day 1?

As for why I voted for flabort: He was finding people scummy for silly reasons, so I voted for that. Afterwards, I was busy and couldn't read over stuff well, so I wasn't able to make a good reply later on.

Cheeetar;p

TheDarkStar:[/b]
<Flabort suspects Varee, Scripten & Persus, mentions how they all extended, asks them some questions>

Flabort, your accusations make no sense here. You suspect the three people who extended, when that's against the interests of scum. Scum would let the day end without any real suspects. Why do you think that these people are suspicious other than the reason you listed here?

4. flabort: Slight scum lean because of his ridiculous reasons for voting. Currently arguing with Persus; I'm not going to comment much on that until it settles.

What did you think of Flabort's later explanations of why he found those people suspicious?
As an aside: Extending is not strictly/always a towny thing.

If I had noticed them at the time, I probably would have reconsidered a bit. However, I was busy ICing the BM game and missed them.

I asked you a question earlier, can you answer it?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2014, 08:32:13 pm »

You mean this, DarkStar?

Cheeetar: He voted for DS a few posts after explaining why voting for DS was bad. Cheeetar, can you explain a bit more why you voted for DS?

I saw it as a choice between losing Flabort and losing Deathsword. I don't generally analyse or look upon Mafia in the same way that NQT does - his approach is a lot more sophisticated - and his explanation made sense in terms of most information gained for a Day 1 lynch. I changed my mind.

If I had noticed them at the time, I probably would have reconsidered a bit. However, I was busy ICing the BM game and missed them.

You asked Flabort a question. You voted for him because you thought his reads didn't make sense, and asked for him to explain them. He replied to this question on the 27th of October 2014, 15:12:50 (East Australian time.) You posted after this on the 28th of October 2014, 12:17:29. A full 21 hours had passed. The day ended on the 29th of October 2014, 15:47:31. You had around 45 hours to read his response and change your vote, during which you had posted in the game. I do not believe you when you say you didn't notice this response.

I think TheDarkStar's explanation of his lynching of Flabort is much more scummy than Scripten's.
Unvote Scripten, vote TheDarkStar.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2014, 08:36:25 pm »

And by 45 hours, I mean 48. Dang.
I've played some mafia.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 01, 2014, 08:45:14 pm »

Another question to you: Why did you not explain why you were lynching flabort Day 1?

As for why I voted for flabort: He was finding people scummy for silly reasons, so I voted for that. Afterwards, I was busy and couldn't read over stuff well, so I wasn't able to make a good reply later on.

Because his behavior was obvious, seeing as the rest of the people on the wagon, including you, agreed with me.

Your explanation does not cut it, to be honest. That's literally exactly what I said (Minus several additional points), but you are scumreading me for it. Your hypocrisy makes me suspicious of you.

P-Edit: Cheetar's point is valid, too.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 01, 2014, 10:06:16 pm »

Cheeeter:

You mean this, DarkStar?

Cheeetar: He voted for DS a few posts after explaining why voting for DS was bad. Cheeetar, can you explain a bit more why you voted for DS?

I saw it as a choice between losing Flabort and losing Deathsword. I don't generally analyse or look upon Mafia in the same way that NQT does - his approach is a lot more sophisticated - and his explanation made sense in terms of most information gained for a Day 1 lynch. I changed my mind.

You asked Flabort a question. You voted for him because you thought his reads didn't make sense, and asked for him to explain them. He replied to this question on the 27th of October 2014, 15:12:50 (East Australian time.) You posted after this on the 28th of October 2014, 12:17:29. A full 21 hours had passed. The day ended on the 29th of October 2014, 15:47:31. You had around 45 hours to read his response and change your vote, during which you had posted in the game. I do not believe you when you say you didn't notice this response.

I think TheDarkStar's explanation of his lynching of Flabort is much more scummy than Scripten's.
Unvote Scripten, vote TheDarkStar.

Oops, I missed that response; sorry.

The single post you mentioned is a small post consisting of what I could muster the concentration to add. Afterwards, I didn't post, even near the end of the day, because I wasn't able to concentrate enough on it with RL and the BM in the way.

I have another question for you: why is my response more scummy?

Scripten:

Now you're saying that you did not feel any need to give reasons for lynching because other people were voting for him. Isn't this a scumtell? Also, notice that I didn't have any posts in the last few pages of the day while you had several - you had ample opportunity to explain what you were doing.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 01, 2014, 10:25:45 pm »

Scripten:

Now you're saying that you did not feel any need to give reasons for lynching because other people were voting for him. Isn't this a scumtell? Also, notice that I didn't have any posts in the last few pages of the day while you had several - you had ample opportunity to explain what you were doing.

That's a massive misrepresentation of what I said. I said, and I quote, "Because his behavior was obvious, seeing as the rest of the people on the wagon, including you, agreed with me." That is, I mentioned some of the behavior I found scummy on day 1 while others mentioned other points first. There was absolutely no need for me to tell them what they had already said. Your point is scummy nonsense.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 01, 2014, 10:26:01 pm »

I have another question for you: why is my response more scummy?

Your reason: Oops, I missed his response to my questions.
Scripten's reason:
Flabort was scummy because his reads looked fabricated as all hell, he was speaking in confusing riddles, and was acting, in general, from what looked like a scum mindset.

One of them is a bit more scummy.
I've played some mafia.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2014, 08:54:00 am »

Deathsword
PFP, having to deal with preparations for my upcoming birthday (tomorrow, if you wonder)
I hope you had a nice birthday!

Deathsword, can you give me two scum picks now we've had a flip and about 24 hours talking without your input?
Persus and Varee, for now. I may go back on the Persus part, but Varee's actions are making me quite sure he is not uncooperative town, as I suggested he might be before. But a full case must wait.
I look forward to seeing this full case. We've got until very late on Monday if there are no extensions, I hope to see more from you before then.

Varee
Is Deathsword the only person you find suspicious today? How do you feel about the fact he hasn't responded to your vote on him? Also, what do you think of Worldmaster's case on you?

TheDarkStar
notquitethere: Makes long analytical posts. NQT, why haven't you done any serious scumhunting? You voted for DS, but that started out as a pressure vote and just never got moved. You've barely pressured people for their play as far as I can tell. There are questions asked, but no scumhunting.
I have no idea what you're expecting to see, but I've been seriously scumhunting. I've been questioning almost every player in almost every post I make. I've been looking at what cases players have made. I've been following up on responses. How is all this not scumhunting? In fact, in a bunch of the reads your quotes were drawn from player's responses to things I'd asked them. Day 1, I pressed three different cases, you only pressed one. My vote on Deathsword was because he was the best lynch candidate, it wasn't just a 'pressure vote'.

Also, you never answered this:

TheDarkStar
Could you respond to this:
DarkStar I find it interesting that you call me out as scummy for following up on my RVS questions when all you did is ask a bunch of RVS questions and not respond to any of the replies. Why did you ask so many obviously questions that you obviously didn't care about?

You say I've not been scumhunting when you were just going through the motions yourself.

Worldmaster
Quote from: NQT
Do you see anything scummy in today's posts?
Definitely. It seems that in Varee's post he is implying that Scripten is a PR. I think that he may be trying to get Scripten to role claim, which is more likely, or perhaps trying to make his scumbuddy seem like a PR so we don't lynch him, which is much less likely and probably harder to pull off IMO. His post was also confusing again, but I'm pretty sure Varee's scum at the moment.
This doesn't strike me as a very strong case. Do you genuinely think that Varee has made a real effort to try to get Scripten to role claim?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2014, 09:15:29 am »

Persus13: What happened to that longer post you promised us in the quote below? It would be nice of you to come participate in the game with us, especially since I'm becoming mildly suspicious of you due to this post and would like to get my read on you in order.

I should get up a bigger post later tonight.

Oh, and before I forget, I think this is a nicer home for my vote.

Unvote Deathsword (For now)
Vote TheDarkStar
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21