Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwaves won't dump items  (Read 779 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Dwaves won't dump items
« on: October 13, 2014, 07:51:24 pm »

Well this sounds like an old problem. I hadn't played the game for a long while before version 4.x was released so I can't recall clearly.

Sometimes, dwarves just ignore items marked as dump. Yesterday some cow starved underground near the meeting hall. I marked it and designed a garbage dump area, but months had passed no one made a move towards it. I even checked the j menu, there's no job named dump and almost everyone was idle.

Sometimes it works if I build a stockpile over said items but sometimes the dwarves just decide to leave them rotting in the dining room and dance in miasmas.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwaves won't dump items
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 08:02:49 pm »

Indoor/outside refuse collection is borked, turn on "dorfs collect outside refuse" and "collect vermin remains" to fix it.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dwaves won't dump items
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 11:39:49 pm »

Indoor/outside refuse collection is borked, turn on "dorfs collect outside refuse" and "collect vermin remains" to fix it.
Thank you. That works.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!