Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 3 (Last Updated: 11/12/14)  (Read 11759 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 2 (Last Updated: 11/3/14)
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2014, 11:33:43 pm »

First: The Beginning | Previous: The Gate | Current: The Creature | Next: ---

The Creature

((Sorry, a bit busy lately.))

Koios observed the tracks in front of him. Of course, they were not of his own size, so that ruled out any possibility that they just walked in circles. He was a bit frightened at the appearance of these Canide prints... maybe they would lead them to where they need to go.

...Or they could get eaten by a giant, mutated Canide. But Koios decided that the risk was enough for him. He couldn't be too cautious at this time.

Insist on moving forward. Preferably, persuade some of the others to follow me. Movement is always a good idea, because it makes it harder for others to track you. Most of the time, anyways..
[2] - You ignore something in the back of your mind telling you to run. Was it danger that you sought? Was there something you had to do? A lot of questions run through your mind, forcing you to follow the footprints. You notice a few other footprints around the Canide footprints, much more shallow and numerous. They’re probably from the bodies, which you now stand next to. You take a look at them.

The footprints couldn’t be older than a couple days, but the bodies show signs of massive decay. One of the arms dangled by rotting tissue on a nearby... Lionfellow? You aren’t entirely sure, as the bits of showing skull are too fractured to tell for sure, and you’re not daring enough to bother checking harder. You notice that the bodies are impaled by silver daggers into the trees. You reach for the dagger, only to realize too late that something has collided straight into you.

{Aim: 6+1}{Dodge: 3+1}{Attack: 4+1}{Defense: 2} Even your quick reflexes aren’t enough to dodge the flurry of slashes coming from the monstrous creature. Claws dig into your skin, ripping chunks of flesh from your arms and chest. The creature manages to bite hard down on your shoulder before you quickly stun it with a lucky blow to the eye. You stagger to your feet, bleeding heavily.

{Koios HP: 12 - (3*2) 6! = 6}{Koios Status Gained - Bitten: Blood flows heavily from your wound, and the wound doesn’t seem to clot. You lose 1 HP each turn.}

In front of you stands a large Canide--or at least, what used to be one. It is a being of almost pure muscles, covered in white fur, with pinpoint pupils. Its claws are much larger than normal and covered in blood--presumably yours--and its chest heaves in and out. Its fangs are bared threateningly at you. It lets out a long and loud howling noise.

{Koios HP: 6 - 1 = 5}

"Really, I'm the only one with any real weapons. Why are you picking on the Mouseling?"

Action: Manufactured disgruntlement
Left Guard: "Mouseling? You're not a Mouseling."
Right Guard: "And what about the bow on that one's back?" The guard points at Snowy.

Snowy twitched at the insult.

"Now listen here you inept twigmen!" she said, huffing up in sincere disgruntlement at their perception of what 'truly' was a merchant. "You think all merchants use wagons? And a wagon dictates a merchant's worth? That's an insult of the highest degree to us mercantile folk! Wagons cost money. You can't carry a wagon with...with a size like mine!"

She raised her arms in exasperation--pretty much falling very short by her ally's side despite the added length. "Wagons need pack animals! Pack animals cost more money. You've to pay food, upkeep, lubricant, and shelter for both wagons and animals! We have our feet instead!"

The mouseling then crossed her arms and tilted her head upwards in a snobby manner.

"If you ask me, we're the best merchants you'll ever meet. We're cost effective."

Be sincerely hmphy. :I
'You know nothing of trade, clearly, clearly not,' Tedrikk hissed. He leaned in, conspirational. 'Basic trader's tricks this is! You lure them in with a free taste, yes, so they will seek your wares out for any price, honored guards.'

He dropped the piece of Soul Food in his mouth. 'And to imply we would offer you poison is a grave insult. We sell only the greatest delicacies of the land.'
[Success] - The left guard stares at the Mouseling and the Reptillian for a few seconds and then shrugs, sighing in a defeated manner. "Yeah, okay, I suppose you've both got me there," the guard says, waving off the new guards that had appeared.

The right guard points his spear at Mynce and Burm. "What about them? You all merchants?"

Varrus looks at snowy as she huffs and puffs in insult. Strange, she says things that are not true, but tries to make it seem as if they were. This is unheard of amongst his people, he may need to study this behavior some more.

"Excuse me, dear guards. I am not a merchant, I am merely travelling with these people. My name is Varrus, healer and shaman of my people. Is there any way I could be of help with my skills?"

Introduce myself to guards, offer healing services.
[Success] - The left guard shouts, "Healer! Let him pass!" Then he turns to you. "We've got an...illness spreading through the city. You'll probably be able to find the tent easily. Ask for Lady Terese. She's the one in charge."

A loud howl resonates through the area, coming from the direction of the clearing. The guards start running to the path the five of them had just come from. They could see Koios, facing a large white creature, the source of the howl.

The right guard yells out "What's THAT?!" pointing his spear threateningly at the creature, not daring to get any closer.

With the guards closer, you can tell from here that they have short curly fur on most of their body and large round ears on their head. The two of them stood tall, towering over even Tedrikk. Their limbs were large, covered in their armor, and their eyes were black and beady. The armor covered a majority of their body.

Spoiler: DarkArtemisFowl, Koios (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Pancaek, Varrus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin, “Snowy” (click to show/hide)

NPCs:
Spoiler: Tavi, Flower Spirit (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:39:15 pm by webadict »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 3 (Last Updated: 11/12/14)
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2014, 12:58:02 am »

((Mmmmm, I love how Webadict doesn't roll and judges what we say as the roll result itself :3))

Quote from: Narrator
"And what about the bow on that one's back?" The guard points at Snowy.
"Err, yes. What about it? It's part of our cost-effective scheme. Traders are a varied folk--they can be hunters peddling their wares, or even soldiers who partake in a part-time job, using the rest of their knowledge for more economic and academic pursuits. Cutting to the point, I'm a hunter by the way." Snowy unslung her bow and caressed it (like a weapons salesman she saw back in the day...) "So going into trade and the merchant business is basically a great idea for me. I can seek out where to trade, and defend myself if I get attacked by bandits. No need for others to protect you (and get hurt in the process), when you can do it yourself, I say."

Quote from: SuddenEvent :O
[Success] - The left guard shouts, "Healer! Let him pass!" Then he turns to you. "We've got an...illness spreading through the city. You'll probably be able to find the tent easily. Ask for Lady Terese. She's the one in charge."
"...and this is the problem of acting advanced scouts. Good job Spots." Snowy said openly to herself. "Let's go ahead in this foreign land and appreciate the scenery. Oh look at the strange trees and, oh dear, is that a diaphanous butterfly? ...Best idea ever!"

[The statements above are under the possibility that the guards did give time for interruption rather than what I best assume was them questioning us, then seguing quickly onto the other statements. Because given that...ignore the above if it wasn't the case.]

Snowy's gaze followed the guards"I wondered why we were only five people. We shouldn't separate next time."

Nock arrow. Fire at range. Approach behind the rest for better aim angle and distance closure (as in: separate & sneak up).
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:11:15 am by Tiruin »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2014, 01:15:50 am »

"Nononononononononono-"

This was not what Koios was looking for. Why did he have to be so ignorant? Big tracks usually meant dangerous creatures. Now, he might die in someone's dream land for it. Looks like he would not be the first, either.

Well, he certainly wouldn't be the next in line for death. That much he was sure of. He was too young to die now...

Hopefully.

Now, I present you with a concise yet informative action: FLEE!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2014, 04:05:59 am »

Burm had stood silent while the others talked, nervously glancing back and forth between them and the guards. He had never been good at lying, he always gave himself away somehow, so it was best to leave the talking to the others. He froze when the guards questioned his purpose there, frantically trying to come up with a good reason, and was just about to mutter something about being a bodyguard when the howl interrupted him. Startled he jerked around, looking for the source, only to see Koios fleeing for his life.

A familiar calm came over him. Despite his young age, this was a feeling he knew well and was comfortable with. He felt his blood pumping through his veins, riling him up and giving him strength, and without thinking he started running towards the white beast.

"Koios!" He roared his fleeing comrade's name in an attempt to direct hum towards them, then charged head on at his target with all his might.

Attempt to tackle the beast down, or otherwise distract it to allow Koios to get away.
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2014, 09:30:39 am »

"Yikes!

Time for some dancing..."
Mynce said, springing into action.

Action: Flank the beast and cut at the back of it's legs with both my axes!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 11:23:07 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2014, 10:17:24 am »

Tedrikk, unarmed, wisely stuck behind the guards, letting them handle things.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2014, 10:30:12 am »

((Unarmed, you say? I WILL FIGHT THEM WITH MY BEAR ARMS))
Love, scriver~

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2014, 10:43:01 am »

((You've waited since the start to make that pun, haven't you?))
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2014, 10:55:28 am »

((Yes :3

To be honest I am a little disappointed webaddict did not make it on my character sheet. "Bear Arms: +1 when fighting unarmed"))
Love, scriver~

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2014, 12:47:20 pm »

((Yes :3

To be honest I am a little disappointed webaddict did not make it on my character sheet. "Bear Arms: +1 when fighting unarmed"))
((I didn't want to punish the readers with unbearable wordplay.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2014, 04:17:24 pm »

(( ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2014, 09:44:45 pm »

(( ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) ))
((I like puns D:<

Also it seems to be best if you'd try a waitlist system akin to 'get people in per chapter' at this rate :3))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2014, 10:23:20 am »

"Attacked already? This place is more dangerous than I thought."

He looks over the scene, taking in everyone who is attacking or otherwise. His eyes fall on Tedrikk, standing not too far from Varrus behind the guards as well.

"You, Tedrikk, yes? Do me a favour and grab the wounded of this battle and take them to the tent the guards mentioned as soon as you can. I'm fairly useless here anyway, so I'm going to go on ahead to tend to the sick."

He looks Tedrikk over once more, noticing that he doesn't have a weapon.

"You seem unarmed. Would you like to have my stick?"

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2014, 12:03:30 pm »

'Yes, yes, please,' Tedrikk said, eyes flicking between his companion and the starting battle. 'Then I will fight. You handle the in-jured, yes? I will bring them to you...'

Take stick; fight with stick. When the battle is over, help carry the wounded to Varrus and/or the sick tent.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2014, 01:48:37 pm »

"Very well, you know where to find me."

Give stick to Tedrikk. Then pour magic into Tavi to make an illusion of a fireball going to the monster's head, hoping to distract him from my allies. After doing magic, go to the tent the guards mentioned and ask Lady Terese what's going on
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8