Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 3 (Last Updated: 11/12/14)  (Read 11742 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 2 (Last Updated: 11/2/14)
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2014, 01:31:14 pm »

Tedrikk patted Snowy's hand absent-mindedly, looking at the guards with a spreading, sharp-toothed smile. He didn't seem to understand that might be seen as threatening in some way.

'Greetings, greetings! We are humble traders, guard-things, wishing to make trade with all willing. Many fine things we have, many fine things of these lands we have come to buy. But, but, we are off our path, honored guards. We do not quite know where we are. Perhaps you can tell us where this gate leads?'

Talk, talk, talk!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2014, 10:53:25 pm »

Major Updates:
Previous: The Gate | Next: The Creature

Minor Updates:
Previous: --- | Current: Guards Part 1 | Next: Guards Part 2

Snowy muttered a Thank You for Tedrikk's hand, and made sure to clear her nausea before taking more steps in this world. She felt embarrassed for throwing up in someone else's dream...and that it was still relatively permanent as she glanced back to the unsightly debris.

Even for someone with her experiences, she always -thoroughly disliked- being in such situations. Hopefully nobody else noticed and held that against her.

"Should've shot those trees. Nothing right with them. Worth an arrow." she continues muttering, placing her arrow back in her quiver after pondering fletching some more in the future.

Now in another area, she taps Tedrikk by the hand and leaned towards him to whisper inconspicuously.

"Where'd the other three go? And where is this Mare they're talking about?"

Examine the creatures in front of me; use any helpful sense if able.
Editing for later interaction.

((Just post another post later! :D))

The creatures in front of you are... odd. You suppose that the best descriptor for them would be some sort of inanimate object given life. They're clearly shaped like a humanoid, but they do not move or function as one. Their movements are like puppets, robotic. You can't see them too well from where you are, but you can see large circular ears on the side of their head and large beady eyes staring straight at you, unwavering.

You do, however, breathe a nice breath of fresh air. The horrid stench of the clearing you just left is no longer pungent, merely an aftersmell of something horribly foul.

"My nose never lies! Let's get out of here, Koios...I think these might be some sort of Wolf tracks...a very big Wolf..."

Mynce scurries away after the rest of the group, assuming Koios follows him-otherwise, he'd be brave enough to stay.

Action: Go join up with the rest of the group, OR stay with Koios if he wants to explore some more.
You get stuck at an indecision on whether to stay or go. Koios seems to be really stuck in thought... You can see the other three north of you, so at least they're not out of sight.

Tedrikk patted Snowy's hand absent-mindedly, looking at the guards with a spreading, sharp-toothed smile. He didn't seem to understand that might be seen as threatening in some way.

'Greetings, greetings! We are humble traders, guard-things, wishing to make trade with all willing. Many fine things we have, many fine things of these lands we have come to buy. But, but, we are off our path, honored guards. We do not quite know where we are. Perhaps you can tell us where this gate leads?'

Talk, talk, talk!
The left guard turns to the other guard. "What'd he say?"
"He said they're traders."
The left guard takes a look towards the three. "They don't
look like traders."
"Where's your wares?" the right guard shouts at the group.
"Yeah, where's your wares?" the left guard follows up.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:38:07 pm by webadict »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 2 (Last Updated: 11/3/14)
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2014, 10:57:32 pm »

((Sorry, a bit busy lately.))

Koios observed the tracks in front of him. Of course, they were not of his own size, so that ruled out any possibility that they just walked in circles. He was a bit frightened at the appearance of these Canide prints... maybe they would lead them to where they need to go.

...Or they could get eaten by a giant, mutated Canide. But Koios decided that the risk was enough for him. He couldn't be too cautious at this time.

Insist on moving forward. Preferably, persuade some of the others to follow me. Movement is always a good idea, because it makes it harder for others to track you. Most of the time, anyways..

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2014, 12:37:16 am »

You do, however, breathe a nice breath of fresh air. The horrid stench of the clearing you just left is no longer pungent, merely an aftersmell of something horribly foul.
Only now...goodness, only now.

Snowy checked out her two other companions and considered the idea of caravan guards being the notion.
She reconsidered that when she remembered that the other three had little among the common notion of a caravan--lacking animals for transport, lacking transport, and lacking obvious goods.

She wondered why she was thinking of a caravan in the first place, before tapping Tedrikk with her thumb.

"In our bags and containers--varied goods they are, vigilant sirs! We carry them not in wagons or in obvious contraptions but in places on our person inconspicuous to the observing eye! I've got sweets and treats myself."

Err, show satchel! I knew that bag of homemade-....err, let's leave it at that for the moment!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2014, 06:07:32 am »

'Yes, yes. Great delicacies we carry,' Tedrikk added. He dug in his bag. 'Perhaps you'd like a taste?'

He dug in his bags with an eager smile.

Waft the delicious aroma of Soul Food in front of their noses.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 06:10:40 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2014, 09:35:22 am »

"Yeah, let's go...I think I hear something coming!" Mynce said, scurrying away from the sound of what was almost certainly the wind blowing in the trees.

Certainly.

Action: Go join the rest of the group!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2014, 03:07:55 pm »

"What is it, Tavi? Do you feel something"

Ask Tavi, my little spirit, Why he gives off such a cold feeling. Also go join up with the others, this is no time to get cut off from the herd

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2014, 10:01:43 am »

Major Updates:
Previous: The Gate | Next: The Creature

Minor Updates:
Previous: Guards Part 1 | Current: Guards Part 2 | Next: ---

Only now...goodness, only now.

Snowy checked out her two other companions and considered the idea of caravan guards being the notion.
She reconsidered that when she remembered that the other three had little among the common notion of a caravan--lacking animals for transport, lacking transport, and lacking obvious goods.

She wondered why she was thinking of a caravan in the first place, before tapping Tedrikk with her thumb.

"In our bags and containers--varied goods they are, vigilant sirs! We carry them not in wagons or in obvious contraptions but in places on our person inconspicuous to the observing eye! I've got sweets and treats myself."

Err, show satchel! I knew that bag of homemade-....err, let's leave it at that for the moment!
Left Guard: "Bakers?"
Right Guard: "I don't think we've had the Mares try that one yet. Do you think they're merchants?"
Left Guard: "Doubtful. Not only is it nearly evening, they've got all their food in satchels."
Right Guard: "But, why does it matter if it's evening?"
Left Guard: "Bakers don't sell baked goods at night. They'd make no money!"
Right Guard: "I'd buy baked good at night, but no one ever sells them."
The left guard turns to look at his co-worker, ready to speak, but seems to reconsider.

'Yes, yes. Great delicacies we carry,' Tedrikk added. He dug in his bag. 'Perhaps you'd like a taste?'

He dug in his bags with an eager smile.

Waft the delicious aroma of Soul Food in front of their noses.
Left Guard: "Eh, it's probably poisoned. We don't just eat random things that are given to us."
Right Guard: "Seriously, how dumb do you think we are?" The left guard looks at him for a second before he continues.
Left Guard: "Everyone knows merchants don't just give away free things."
Right Guard: "Maybe they're not very good merchants?"
Left Guard: "Or maybe they're not merchants at all."

"Yeah, let's go...I think I hear something coming!" Mynce said, scurrying away from the sound of what was almost certainly the wind blowing in the trees.

Certainly.

Action: Go join the rest of the group!
You move to join the rest of the group. They appear to be talking with some people down the path. You feel like you didn't really miss much.

"What is it, Tavi? Do you feel something"

Ask Tavi, my little spirit, Why he gives off such a cold feeling. Also go join up with the others, this is no time to get cut off from the herd
You follow closely behind Mynce. As you walk, you ask Tavi about the cold feeling. Tavi doesn't respond much, but the cold feeling steadily dissipates. It doesn't fully go away, but you can tell that Tavi feels a bit better now.

As Mynce and Varrus approach, the right guard speaks up.

Right Guard: "Oy, there's more of 'em."
Left Guard: "I can see."
Right Guard: "Well, I don't see a wagon."
Left Guard: "You're right. What kind of merchants don't have a wagon of supplies or goods? You're planning on making money with satchels of treats? You're either really bad merchants or really bad liars. Drop your things on the ground and back away. Weapons, too." The left guard makes an odd hand gesture.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:37:55 pm by webadict »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Moissonic Tales: The Dream Saga - Turn 2.2 (Last Updated: 11/10/14)
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2014, 10:22:34 am »

"Really, I'm the only one with any real weapons. Why are you picking on the Mouseling?"

Action: Manufactured disgruntlement
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2014, 01:34:32 pm »

((Wait, was my action not counted?))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2014, 02:12:45 pm »

((Er... Odd. I missed yours for some reason. However, for clarity, do you mean to follow the tracks into the woods?))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2014, 02:28:48 pm »

((Er... Odd. I missed yours for some reason. However, for clarity, do you mean to follow the tracks into the woods?))
((Yes indeed!))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2014, 04:22:06 am »

Snowy twitched at the insult.

"Now listen here you inept twigmen!" she said, huffing up in sincere disgruntlement at their perception of what 'truly' was a merchant. "You think all merchants use wagons? And a wagon dictates a merchant's worth? That's an insult of the highest degree to us mercantile folk! Wagons cost money. You can't carry a wagon with...with a size like mine!"

She raised her arms in exasperation--pretty much falling very short by her ally's side despite the added length. "Wagons need pack animals! Pack animals cost more money. You've to pay food, upkeep, lubricant, and shelter for both wagons and animals! We have our feet instead!"

The mouseling then crossed her arms and tilted her head upwards in a snobby manner.

"If you ask me, we're the best merchants you'll ever meet. We're cost effective."

Be sincerely hmphy. :I

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2014, 07:46:03 am »

Varrus looks at snowy as she huffs and puffs in insult. Strange, she says things that are not true, but tries to make it seem as if they were. This is unheard of amongst his people, he may need to study this behavior some more.

"Excuse me, dear guards. I am not a merchant, I am merely travelling with these people. My name is Varrus, healer and shaman of my people. Is there any way I could be of help with my skills?"

Introduce myself to guards, offer healing services.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2014, 10:35:30 am »

'You know nothing of trade, clearly, clearly not,' Tedrikk hissed. He leaned in, conspirational. 'Basic trader's tricks this is! You lure them in with a free taste, yes, so they will seek your wares out for any price, honored guards.'

He dropped the piece of Soul Food in his mouth. 'And to imply we would offer you poison is a grave insult. We sell only the greatest delicacies of the land.'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8