Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Glovedloved - The Mountain of Kings [DISCUSSION & COMMENTS]  (Read 20837 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: [40.13]Glovedloved - The Mountain of Kings - A twisted Dwarven society
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2014, 04:40:56 am »

My two cents; the hammerer should be both very strong and armed with a capable hammer. Peasants should not be spared!
definitely need to do this.  but what if a mountain dweller is convicted of ignoring a mandate?
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2014, 05:59:48 am »

sorry this takes so long. i will be done in the next few hours, then i need to conduct a visit to a friend next door to upload the save.
i really try hard to write a good journal.
Sorry if I seem impatient. I'm just excited. This is just the second time I've bee Dwarved (the first being in an LP) and the first time I'll actually be RPing on a forum in quite a while.   ;)

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2014, 06:05:32 am »

Sorry if I seem impatient. I'm just excited. This is just the second time I've bee Dwarved (the first being in an LP) and the first time I'll actually be RPing on a forum in quite a while.   ;)

This is my first time RPing on this forum, and the first time I've been dwarfed. I'm excited also!
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2014, 06:14:02 am »

In a totally out of character way, I can't wait to see the conflict between my character and Doc Timeless. I can totally see him being the wise master who does his best to protect the residents of the slum from the evil overlords in the mountain, while I go about braining people for not making enough trinkets.

If everyone gets into it, the potential for RP in this setting is enormous.

Maybe we should make it a thing that overseers try to post their journals in as much of an "as you go along" way as possible? That way everyone can write about events ass they happen.

"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2014, 06:56:19 am »

I'd ask for screenshots of our Dwarves information, but once the Migrants arrive, that'd be a little too much to upload, I'd think.

Oh well, contradictions are just problems with the records! :P

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2014, 07:11:40 am »

I think that overseers should be biased towards their own caste.
Not in running the fort per se, but in roleplaying and writing the journals.

This brings in the problem of how to annotate the happenings of the other caste.

Should an overseer who was dworfed as a slumdwarf annotate the happenings in the slums in a more personal manner, while describing their actions in the mountain objectively?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:14:03 am by EinsteinSatDown »

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2014, 09:04:04 am »

I think that overseers should be biased towards their own caste.
Not in running the fort per se, but in roleplaying and writing the journals.

This brings in the problem of how to annotate the happenings of the other caste.

Should an overseer who was dworfed as a slumdwarf annotate the happenings in the slums in a more personal manner, while describing their actions in the mountain objectively?

My plan was to pick a random dwarf from the prolateriat and have occasional entries from his/her secret journal.  Either an as-yet undorfed worker, or a dorfed one who wasn't actually taking a turn.

I had not really planned on providing too much objectivity, though.  Maybe an exiting author's appendix on any unfinished projects and the workings of any finished ones (lever annotation and such).

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2014, 09:05:17 am »

sorry this takes so long. i will be done in the next few hours, then i need to conduct a visit to a friend next door to upload the save.
i really try hard to write a good journal.

Yes, journals would be super amazing, given that this is not really a proper "challenge" but more of a scenario, a setup for roleplaying.

on the topic of exploits:

i'm not very concerned about those ones. In fact i'd say that those are actually part of superior dwarven engineering, and thus restricted to the nobility.

If Doc Timeless gets his dojo in the slums though, let him have his coinstar or danger room. It's all about the roleplay after all.

Doc's Coinstar room should feature stacks of coins that are just a little too big.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2014, 09:51:18 am »

Wait, if we become the capital, does the monarch and his retinue live in the mountain, just the monarch in the mountain, or they all just live in the slums?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Nordinkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2014, 10:46:13 am »

Wait, if we become the capital, does the monarch and his retinue live in the mountain, just the monarch in the mountain, or they all just live in the slums?

if we become the capital, the meaning of "king" really isn't of much importance anymore.

i imagine a group of, say, 13 noble castle citizens who have gone through 13 years of following the law to let only one peasant in each year, looking down on the king and his guards, standing before the great Gates of Glovedloved, looked upon by a horde of dirty peasants, demanding to be let in and led to his glorious throne room.

He is greeted by laughter and handed a pitchfork.

"Welcome to the Capital, my King. Let this be your new royal scepter. The Citizens there behind you will gladly lead you to your !!THRONE ROOM!!"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:56:32 am by Nordinkel »

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2014, 11:11:13 am »

"Welcome to the Capital, my King. Let this be your new royal scepter. The Citizens there behind you will gladly lead you to your !!THRONE ROOM!!"
Yup.  :D

Nordinkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2014, 12:22:13 pm »

okay, this takes way too long, and i'm still looking over some texts. so i will start posting it bit by bit now. The intro itself is a huge read already.

it's so you guys can see that things are actually happening, and for serving it to you in quantities that are good to handle.

later, i will compile everything in the OP.

also, seeing that there's much discussion going on (6 pages already, wow), and things might get really cluttered, i'm thinking about dedicating a new topic just for turn and journal posts. that way, a reader wouldnt have to fight through pages of OOC and off topic to read the whole thing, and there wouldnt be any "false alerts" about updates.
what do you think?

anyways, here's the first part of my turn.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I like where this is going.

Here's hoping we reach Steelhold levels of backstabbing intricate plot.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we want to maybe attempt to do seasonal updates to keep things flowing in nice, digestible chunks?

Nordinkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we want to maybe attempt to do seasonal updates to keep things flowing in nice, digestible chunks?

yes we do. its too late for me now, though, because i didnt really keep track of the dates. i will spit my writings into logical chapters though.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17