Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: East Kajikstan Design Bureau, 1925  (Read 11484 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: East Kajikstan Design Bureau, 1924
« Reply #195 on: October 26, 2014, 04:59:07 pm »

Not going to vote on the tank thing?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2014, 02:55:56 am »

Spoiler: Design Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Production Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: votes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tank votes. (click to show/hide)

Isn't Proposal 7 the same as 1? As in, fixing multiple things?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2014, 07:34:58 am »

Yah, I think it is.

Oh, a note. I dont think we need to include the truck in #4, we took modular truck beds for them, we should be able to just make the gun and slap it on the truck if we feel like.
We  certainly dont need 14 people for four guns strapped together with an aiming position, and besides, how is the dabm thing rotating? Hand cranked? Electric motors?
Highly Opinionated Fool

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2014, 09:39:45 am »

Hand cranked, I would imagine. I assigned that many people to it as I thought that using too few of them would do more harm than putting more into the project. Besides, what's the harm? It's not like they would be used for anything else, anyway. Of course, if there are more occupying projects at hand, agreed - 14 is a bit excessive. But if not, they might as well do it.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2014, 01:23:24 pm »

Main port still stands, we dont need to mod a truck for it.

Just do what we did for the arty piece.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2014, 02:03:10 pm »

As spring dawns, the engineering school completes the training of the first 5 regular engineers, who are immediately put to work leading a team dedicated to fixing flaws in previous designs. First off, they manage to hammer out the maintenance issues with the LT-1. While the tank isn't quite as fast or maneuverable to comparable tanks, it has plenty of torque and traction, allowing it to cross soft terrain with ease, and its advanced rangefinder and fast-turning turret make destroying fast-moving tanks at range a breeze. The first 10 tanks are immediately put into production.

Next, the team tackles the troublesome carburetor of the Hawk fighter. The again succeed in fixing the problems with a new carburetor and fuel pump, which together creates the HPE Mod-A(with about 5 more hp). More rigorous testing shows the haw to be a very nimble, if somewhat slow fighter. 20 Hawks as well as the next three Prometheus Zepplins are given to the Army to form the core of an Air Corp.

Finally, they redesign the hollowpoint rounds to function properly, with little issue. These are finally sent to the ammunition plants to be mass-produced.

Next, the ballistics engineer and 5 novice engineers work on a truck-mounted mobile AA. Using the GPT as a base, they slightly widen and lengthen the wheelbase, install a HPE engine, mount a 360 degree swivel, and attach 4 14.5mm naval machine guns. This vechicle, dubbed "Flyswatter" can keep up with the logistics train, and with the more powerful HPE engine can even potentially carry armoring on the cab or an axillary tank and electric generator for a powered traverse.

Finally, our Naval Engineer takes a small team and goes to work developing better torpedoes. After a few weeks, he comes up with 6in. wet heater torpedoes that are longer-ranged and more reliable than our current 6in. torpedoes, and comparable to the 18in. torpedoes we received from Ashland.

At the shipyard, work begins on another Parish cruiser, and the dockside facilities destroyed in the civil war are cleared and rebuilt. As well, a new, larger shipyard is started, with work completed just as fall arrives. As well, more AT guns, the first batch of carbines, and more machine guns are delivered to the army, as well as spare HPE engines.

This is well timed, as when fall wanes, our scouts report a sudden massing of the armies of the West at the Yondol River, which marks the boundary of our countries. Our troops move to respond, and late November the invasion begins with a passive push at Magmoll Bridge. A division of 50 Banlgo-derived tanks(dubbed by our analysts as Razorback) force a crossing, followed by 20,000 infantry. Our defenses are well prepared though, as our AT guns completely rip the tanks to shreds, and LMG nests and pre-positioned artillery all along the approach to the bridge open fire, forcing the infantry brigade back. They are forced further back as our new tanks roll onto the scene, the two machine gun turrets opening fire and drving the enemy deep into their own teritory. Our 50,000 strong division, backed by the mobile logistics train set up by the generals, take the fight to the West, pushing hard and fast and completely taking over the river. A counterattack by another division of tanks is repelled by the lethal, accurate fire of the LT-1s before they can even get within effective range of their short-barrels 37mm cannons; we don't even loose a single tank nor are they even damaged. By the end, we control the border, and are preparing to push to the capital of the West.

On the naval front, our airships spot and track the 15-strong frigate fleet approaching our main harbor. Our fleet of 3 cruisers, 5 destroyers, and 10 various torpedo boats, as well as our sub, head out to intercept. It is a fierce and bloody battle; while we have ships that out-mass the smaller frigates, they have more combined tonnage. We loose all our destroyers, one of our cruisers is crippled, and we loose half our torpedo boats, but in the end we drive them off. What really saved the batle, though was the captain of the Timberwolf. A brilliant and able commander, he used the fact that the enemy frigates had no underwater detection equipment to his advantage, pulling off one bold surprise attack after another with his sub. He sunk two frigates alone, disabed three more to the point that our fleet was able to capture them as prizes of war, and generally wreaked havoc throughout the enemy formation. Overall, the entire enemy fleet is reduced to 4 frigates in battle-ready condition, and three more that were able to limp home for repairs.

A final battle happens on New Years between our Air Corp and a small raid of enemy fighters. The "Zephyr" fighters turn out to be faster than our Hawks and can outclimb them, but our Hawks can turn faster than them, a fact that the pilots put to good use. In fact, they manage to give more than they receive, shooting down 12 Zephyrs for 5 Hawks lost, though next time the enemy will be ready for our Hawks....
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: East Kajikstan Design Bureau, 1925
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2014, 02:27:27 pm »

Spoiler: People You Command (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Designs of 1920 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs of 1921 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs of 1922 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs of 1923 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs of 1924 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parrish Class Cruiser (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Triton Class Frigate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LA1-AT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:38:57 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2014, 02:30:41 pm »

Spoiler: Design Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AA truck (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2014, 06:29:39 pm »

What will it take to repair that ship?
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2014, 06:40:24 pm »

Bringing it into drydock. Engineers estimate 3 months for repairs, during which the dock will be unavailable depending on its size(affects how many ships can be built). However, if you want, you can take advantage of this to do modifications to the ship however you want, and the difficulty for doing so is cut in half.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2014, 07:57:09 pm »

Such as fitting more torpedo tubes or sonar?

Also, how will construction of ships in that dock be affected? Will we only be able to build 3/4 of the tonnage?
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2014, 08:03:33 pm »

Basically yeah(I take it you're going to specialize the dock then? Otherwise the medium dock would get its build tonnage cut in half). And yeah, you can make any modification you have a design for, and can design and modify as one action on any ship in drydock(within reason. No turning a 500t boat into a 15000t battleship!)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:06:44 pm by tryrar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2014, 08:19:51 pm »

No specialization, Im simply basing off of the assumption that we could build the specified tonnage in 12months, so if we had a 5000T drydock and spent 3 months fixing a 5000T ship we could only build 3750T in it.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2014, 07:27:48 am »

Hmm, makes more sense than what I was thinking. *Shrug*

((If you guys didn't notice, I'm rather flying by the seat of my pants for this game, though it works so far :P)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2014, 12:13:01 pm »

Allright, gonna shove in a proposal for what to make this year, who wants to design a sonar system or a better patrol boat?

Spoiler: Proposal Alpha (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Proposal Beta (click to show/hide)
Can we build factories that do the same sort of thing as a specialized drydock, but for a category of thing? Say, a factory for making tanks or one for guns, that produces more than a non-specialized one?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 12:25:05 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16