Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: East Kajikstan Design Bureau, 1925  (Read 11489 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: East Kajikstan Design Bureau, 1923
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2014, 12:36:33 pm »

We kind of need to remember to contract out the production of our truck. It's not a complicated vehicle, and has sufficient civilian useage that it should be cheaper to let them do it than just do it ourselves.

Spoiler: Design Proposals (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Production Proposals (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

Yay, votes.
Also, shall we do the lightning tank (im calling it the LT-1) this year, and next do the MT-1?
[/quote]

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2014, 03:05:28 pm »

Thats a good idea.

Also, I really want to get that carbine made, so I dont have to resubmit the design.
Plus, I dont really feel like suggesting new things last year...

/shamelessbribe
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2014, 04:30:31 pm »

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2014, 10:22:27 am »

Alright, bumping for a bit more votes, then will run the turn at around noon my time
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2014, 11:31:28 am »

Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2014, 11:34:09 am »

You removed Funk's votes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2014, 11:56:41 am »

ALL THE VOTES IN ONE SPOT.

Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: East Kajikstan Design Bureau, 1924
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2014, 12:59:58 pm »

Spring of 1923 dawns with unusually cold weather, with frosts and snow well into March. However, it doesn't seem to affect the plantings very much, so analysts simply note it as a curiosity and move on.

Meanwhile, factory production kicks into high gear, with the first of the GPT trucks rolling off the assembly lines, as well as the first batch of AT guns and more LMGs for the Army. As well, the second Prometheus airship takes shape, and is soon put into use as an aerial scout by the Navy, with two more to follow by the end of the year. At the same time, a proper hanger to house our airships is constructed; this huge hanger is able to store 3 Prometheus class airships(or any class  up to 200ft long). As well, the Townsend cruiser we acquired from Ashland arrives, and our engineers spend two weeks refurbishing it. They remove the 47mm is place of our superior 40mms, and the virtually identical 102mms with our 100mms for logistical simplification. This ship is redubbed the Parrish, and is send out to sea as the flagship for our new navy.

As summer rolls along, construction on another factory complex begins, though again by the end of the year warehouse space remains incomplete, though the factory buildings themselves are operational. Meanwhile, our shipyard is put into use building a new ship in the Parrish class, which is completed and begins shakedown cruises at the end of the year.

On the design front, our team headed by the ballistics engineer completes the carbine without any difficulty. This 7.62mm carbine has similar ballistic properties to our bolt action rifles, and comes with a 20 round clip. In tests, soldiers love the increased rate of fire with litlle loss in accuracy.

At the same time, at a small dock hastily temporarily requisitioned by the government, work begins on a coastal defense submarine. This goes very well, with the only hitch being the lack of a 50mm torpedo design. One engineer hits upon the idea of using the 18 inch torpedoes from our cruisers(with only a slight modification needed), and even manages to find space to cram in the requisite tubes for only a 50t increase is tonnage, gaining enough experience to be a Naval Engineer in the process. Our navy dubs this the Timberwolf class sub.

As for our first tank, the LT-1, everything appears to go swimmingly until the drive-train is tested. It proves to be finicky and in need of near constant maintenance to work properly, prone to breakdowns, as well as being slower and less maneuverable than comparable systems. Other than that though, our engineers proclaim that this tank could take on any other tank in the world, especially with the lethal LA1 as it's main armament.

Some good news comes during the fall. The brother of the head of one of the largest automobile companies in the nation happens to be a corporal in the Logistics Corp, and his unit was one of the first to receive the new trucks. He was so impressed with it he sent a telegram to his brother, who came to the government with a surprising offer: In exchange for a license to build a civilian version, they will take over production of all GP Trucks, cranking out around 7500 a year on a new line to be completed in the spring. The government is more than happy to accept this offer, as this make producing enough trucks for the Army a simple task.

Some less good news is the increased aggression shown by West Kajikstan forces. During its shakedown cruise, our new cruiser is harassed by what appears to be a new, wooden mono-wing fighter, showcasing speed and a surprising maneuverability for a wood fighter. Protests to the West produce only shrugs and statements that "pilots will be pilots", and this combined with aggressive troop exercises near the border and 4 more frigates being completed leads analysts to believe war isn't far off now.

Spoiler: People You Command (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Military (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs of 1920 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs of 1921 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs of 1922 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Designs of 1923 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parrish Class Cruiser (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LA1-AT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:00:47 pm by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2014, 01:02:25 pm »

Edit: A slight note I should make. Remember that our shipyard can only produce a number of ships totaling 5000t, so keep that in mind when doing proposals. I was forced to requisition a temporary facility with a malus for the sub, but that didn't matter in the end because the dice just seem to love you guys. Also, the destroyed dockside facilities don't hurt production too much, but it does give the same malus that temporary facilities do to designs(which is enough to wipe out the bonus of a naval engineer for reference.)

To give a bigger idea on what this means on bonuses, a specialized engineer gives a bonus the same as a Senior engineer in relation to a project matching his specialization, so...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:10:57 pm by tryrar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2014, 01:25:46 pm »

Spoiler: Proposial Beta (click to show/hide)

On the subject of the tank, I suggest we get the armor and the rangefinder.
I also propose that we dont suggest new designs outrght this year, and instead work on what we have allready made or suggested. The torpedos arent really needed right now either...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:38:22 pm by Aseaheru »
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2014, 01:46:10 pm »

Speaking of drydocks, I was going to say if you specialize a drydock for something(say submarines), you can produce twice the tonnage of something. So say that 10k dock is for subs, you can produce about 36 Timberwolf subs instead of 18 at a normal drydock: The tradeoff is that the drydock can ONLY produce subs, and it increases the difficulty of building by one step. Same for other ships: A Shipdock can produce ships over 1k ton, and a boatdock can handle ships 1k ton and under.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:49:08 pm by tryrar »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2014, 01:49:51 pm »

I dont think we need 72 subs in two years time, does anyone else? I do think we need more ships tho, so getting an unspecialized dock at this time would probably be better.

Can we go and refit the current one later to be for subs?
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2014, 01:53:34 pm »

I dont think we need 72 subs in two years time, does anyone else? I do think we need more ships tho, so getting an unspecialized dock at this time would probably be better.

Can we go and refit the current one later to be for subs?

At half cost of building a new specialized one even

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »

Well, I know what we are doing next year.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2014, 02:03:30 pm »

Updated with info on our starting destroyers. Also, our torpedo boats use 6 inch torpedoes (though as previously stated they are old, short legged, and unreliable)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:48:12 pm by tryrar »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16