Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: East Kajikstan Design Bureau, 1925  (Read 11485 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
East Kajikstan Design Bureau, 1925
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:14:03 pm »

it is 1920, and the long. bloody civil war in Kajikstan has finally come to an end, resulting in the Atrallian Peninsula being slit in half with East And West Kajikstan. You are an Army colonel who led your troops to victory in the last battle of the are, allowing the rebels of the east to finally declare independence from the corrupt regime of the west. However, our armies are depleted, and our industry has been hammered into the ground by the war. The new Prime Minister has decided to grant you the post of Chief Minister of Appropriations in recognition of our deeds, putting us in charge of rebuilding our military and industry. It is urgent we do so, for those of West Kajikstan aren't happy with our independence, and there are others who'd love to conquer a weakened nation such as ours...

Spoiler: People You Command (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Current Military (click to show/hide)

Rules:

I'm going to invoke the Rule of Three here, for my sanity. You can only make three design proposals, and three production/other proposals. You can also only vote for three design and three production/other proposals. Note though, that depending on the complexity of whatever is proposed, not all such proposals may be completed in a year.

When making a proposal, use this format:
Code: [Select]
1(for a design) or A(for production):Proposal text

# of designers(more increase success, but can reduce number of proposals competed. Default is 10)

Any proposals not using this format will be hit with meteors and ignored!

Spoiler: Sample Proposal (click to show/hide)

Any Proposal that does not get made that year will automatically be reproposed the beginning of the next year: It will be removed after two years or if nobody votes on it the following year.v Such Proposals will be marked with a *
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:25:08 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: East Kajikstan, Year 1920(SG)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:27:21 pm »

1)Unnamed Light machine gun:
A simple Gas-Operated machine gun with a top mounted Pan magazine holding 60 rounds of rifle ammo.

Number of engineers: 10?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:40:18 pm »

Caliber of the weapon would be helpful. In general, I like details, otherwise when I roll for stuff you might get silly things like a "light" machine gun with a calbier bigger than ship cannons :P
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 12:02:06 pm »

Ok then i will add more details, i was hopeing that some one was going to post the obligatory new rifle so both guns could use the same ammo.

A simple Gas-Operated machine gun with a top mounted Pan magazine holding 60 rounds of rifle ammo.
Weight < 15kg fully loaded
Length 1200mm
Ammo see 2

2) A new round of 8mm x 70mm, it should be a spitzer type bullet with a full metal jacket.
Bullet weight, 300gr.
Velocity above 650 m/s.

Edit, do owe have any trucks or other large engined motor vehicles?

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:08:43 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 12:15:41 pm »

Ok then i will add more details, i was hopeing that some one was going to post the obligatory new rifle so both guns could use the same ammo.

Weight < 15kg fully loaded
Length 1200mm
Ammo see 2

2) A new round of 8mm x 70mm, it should be a spitzer type bullet with a full metal jacket.
Bullet weight, 300gr.
Velocity above 650 m/s
+1, looks good to me.

Edit, do owe have any trucks or other large engined motor vehicles?
If we do, I'm thinking we could make some heavy trucks into mobile platforms for the arty.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 12:27:06 pm »

Oh, that's a good question. I'll say since this is 1920s equivilant, no due to nobody thinking of using trucks to move stuff for the army in any large scale(still mostly horse or man-drawn), and the trucks available aren't really up to the task anyways.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 12:44:57 pm »

Does that mean we can't try to develop trucks that are efficient and don't suck?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 12:49:27 pm »

I was thinking building them in to armored cars like these Spanish civil war era ones
link

Really there just a large car or a truck with some sheet steel over outside.

Well as it's 1920 and we have no armored vehicles we have some catching up to do.

What engines do we have? any air plane one's ?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

Does that mean we can't try to develop trucks that are efficient and don't suck?
No that means that we need a truck.
Give me 10 minutes and i'll have us a 1920's truck.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 12:54:15 pm »

Oh, "trucks available", right. I thought he was saying that we weren't allowed to use this era's vehicles to mount artillery but he just meant the ones we have at the moment.

I can get behind this armored car idea, imagine having armored wolf packs with mounted machine guns in this day and age-

Khaiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 12:55:38 pm »

Please don't do the Spanish Civil War armoured cars. Those were made in the rush mainly by the Republicans because most of the army sided with the rebels and there weren't enough military vehicles. Let's just say that military designs and strategies of both sides of that war sucked (which is the reason why the war took 3 years, despite the rebels having quite a better army and support from Italy and Germany)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 12:56:28 pm »

We have no airplane engineers, but that doesn't mean we can't do airplanes. You won't get much more than crude biplanes without training an engineer though, and you'll need to explicitly build an airstrip first.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 01:05:42 pm »

A: 200m Concrete Airstrip w/Small Support Hangar
    - Manpower: Default
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 01:08:06 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 01:07:35 pm »

umm, sure you're not missing a zero there gun? 20 meters is rather...short for an airstrip

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 01:09:44 pm »

Yeah I fixed it straightaway. :P

ATM it's only meant for light aircraft, shouldn't need to be too wide since I doubt we'll be fielding heavy bombers anytime soon (though that would be a definite plus).
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16