Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437526 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #5115 on: August 16, 2015, 07:16:51 pm »

I vote for the "oversized" (I don't think it's that bad) system, it allows a lot more freedom than the others and is available earlier than if we are forcing people to create their own. For me this means there will be interesting stuff happening in the early game before technology become meaningful.

Edit: and for names, I don't really care enough to request any change. I'm fine with the names you came up. I'm more interested in how each school work than in how they're called.

Edit2: Putting the list somewhere accessible from the OP might be useful though, I can guarantee I will be completely unable to remember every single of them (in fact I already completely forgot them).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:22:18 pm by FArgHalfnr »
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: August 16, 2015, 07:20:39 pm »

I'd prefer the oversized system to SRD, but I'd like even more the old system or something similar to it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: August 16, 2015, 07:32:52 pm »

I'm pretty neutral with the magic system but I'd prefer Icy's names.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: August 16, 2015, 07:34:52 pm »

I'd prefer using the oversized one, particularly with player-created/modified magicks being involved later on.

I second FArgHalfnr's idea for having an easily accessible list in the OP too.

Literally don't care about the names, I imagine there will come a point at which we refer to some or all the magic schools by slang terms anyways.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: August 16, 2015, 07:36:37 pm »

Never really did much with magic, however I think the best sounding system is the oversized system.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: August 16, 2015, 07:41:17 pm »

Thankfully, the only magic I care about is Necromancy, Lawmancy, and Thaumaturgy.

How much trouble will a god who considers himself the rightful lord and protector of all souls be?  :P

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: August 16, 2015, 07:43:06 pm »

Speaking of lists for the OP, would you guys want me to make a list of everyone's character sheet like I did in litany? Also we're going to need someone for the bestiary. I suppose I could do that as well if no one volunteer but I'd need to know before the game start because it's much easier to do this without having to hunt for stuff all over the thread.

Edit:
Thankfully, the only magic I care about is Necromancy, Lawmancy, and Thaumaturgy.

How much trouble will a god who considers himself the rightful lord and protector of all souls be?  :P

Oh dear, looks like we won't get along well in this game. Unless you're fine with others making all sorts of cruel experiments on souls.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:45:58 pm by FArgHalfnr »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #5122 on: August 16, 2015, 07:44:42 pm »

Also, should we get a new OOC thread or just keep this one?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: August 16, 2015, 07:45:42 pm »

Probably just best to keep this one. Have the history of the game all in one place :)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: August 16, 2015, 07:47:22 pm »

I'd rather have a new one, it would be less messy. Just to be sure are you going to rewrite the OP if we stick with this one?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: August 16, 2015, 07:48:49 pm »

Whoops.

Forgot 16-18 and 11, apparently.

Sorry about that, KJP.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for the magic system, I would actually kinda prefer something a bit more organic. Magic is magic. Sure, you may be better at one thing than another and specialization would obviously exist(some could be more dangerous, for example, like probably death magic), but artificial categories just seems odd and unnecessary. Something like a trimmed down version of the current oversized one, that expands as more are discovered or need to be differentiated specifically, would be nice.

New OOC would be good, I think, if only for a fresh OP.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: August 16, 2015, 07:50:24 pm »

Get a new one. The history of this game should be preserved. Putting the new magic system in the OP will necessitate getting red of the old one. Also, a link to this Ye God's IC would be useful in the OP.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: August 16, 2015, 07:51:51 pm »

A new OOC is probably better.
Less clutter.
Link back to this one though.  And to the new IC.
And yeah, I really think enforcing a set of magics at the start of the game is kind of eh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: August 16, 2015, 07:57:19 pm »

Speaking of lists for the OP, would you guys want me to make a list of everyone's character sheet like I did in litany? Also we're going to need someone for the bestiary. I suppose I could do that as well if no one volunteer but I'd need to know before the game start because it's much easier to do this without having to hunt for stuff all over the thread.

Edit:

Oh dear, looks like we won't get along well in this game. Unless you're fine with others making all sorts of cruel experiments on souls.
We'll see, but I imagine messing with his souls without asking would anger him more than anything else.

Wait, forget I ever said anything. Of course, I suspect people will be suspicious of a god of death anyway...

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: August 16, 2015, 08:01:29 pm »

Never really did much with magic, however I think the best sounding system is the oversized system.

Didn't you have the entire school dedicated to exploiting it?

Edit:

KJP made a list last time (He is a much more....active/willing/actually doing things GM than Litany's Stirk), you should ask him about it.

I vote new OOC, new game=new OOC for justice. Probably will confuse newcomers less, too.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 350