Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 424170 times)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

Re: Ye Gods OOC [21/∞] Talk here
« Reply #4755 on: February 21, 2015, 03:15:06 am »

Hrm... Would anyone want to do this with me as the GM? I mean, if Kilojoule was willing to give me advice or his notes, I would totally do it!

I might do it anyways, but it wouldn't be as good...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: February 21, 2015, 03:36:37 am »

I'd be down for that, especially if I get to play as Malakath. I'm ok with starting from scratch, but I'd rather do it as Malakath more than anyone.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4757 on: February 21, 2015, 03:40:18 am »

Sure, I don't see why you couldn't be Malakath... Why not Yaos?

Quote from: Old PM Magic Trees
Elemental Trees.
(Flame, Ice, Electricity, Acid, Rot/Corruption, etc. I could keep listing, if you want me too...)

The fruit will temporarily provide the ability to produce and control the element of the tree when eaten, until it is digested. Using the powers causes it to digest faster.
Paper made from the tree, when written on with the sap of the same kind of tree will produce the effect written on the paper if the paper is signed (requires a signature to work). You can write nearly anything on the paper, if you wrote "When someone steps on this paper, it explodes. [Signature]" on a sheet of fire paper, it will produce an explosion of flame when someone steps on it. You could make a fire starter with it too, just make a scroll reading "When someone touches the X, produce fire on the O. [Signature]", roll up the paper, then draw an X on one side and an O on the other. The paper will only be single use though, they will crumble to dust after a single use.
The wood from the tree, when in contact with the sap of the same type of tree, will cause the item the wood is attached to to have a magical effect. (A sword with a fire wood hilt would require a vial of fire tree sap, and as long as the vial is full the sword will produce fire. The fire will use up the sap though... You could also use other types of sap for different effects, but it wouldn't be as powerful because the hilt is made of fire wood.) You could use the wood for anything, from weapons to treasure chests (Open it when the sap is touching it and it explodes) to assassination tools like a cloak with a piece of wood and a vial attached to it. (You wear the cloak, and it covers you in fire.)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: February 21, 2015, 03:46:03 am »

Hrm... Would anyone want to do this with me as the GM? I mean, if Kilojoule was willing to give me advice or his notes, I would totally do it!

I might do it anyways, but it wouldn't be as good...

I'd be up for it; I'd been wanting to try out with new god concepts anyway, after all.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: February 21, 2015, 03:57:08 am »

Sure, I don't see why you couldn't be Malakath... Why not Yaos?
I can create more things with Malakath. I really like creating. It was the best part of Ye Gods.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: February 21, 2015, 04:38:33 am »

Dang. I go off of Bay 12 for a few days and find this.

I don't even care! We had a great run! Thanks Kilojoule Proton for making a great game and putting up with our nonsense! I'm sorry that this got to big and I understand why you're stopping. Thanks for the !!FUN!!

Time to come clean about Quéßäre:
I started the plague that wiped out 1/4 of all humans. Congratulations Stirk. You were right. My plan had been to make a highly lethal plague in a few human hosts and then send in High-Elves to heal the sick, implant my religion, and take over the Empire. Yeah, didn't work that way.

I started the Kobold plague. This one was just for fun. Sorry Lucky Kobold, but Quéßäre actually should be on the black list.

I killed Fusil the 3rd time. I conspired with nearly a 3rd of the Gods to keep you in the Sun and make you burn! I think you would have remained in the Sun if you revived, but I cannot be sure. In any case, I doubt you'd kill all of the conspirators.

Goals:
Kill Fusil.
Find a new goal? After killing Fusil, he found himself at a crossroads. All his life, he had been trying to overcome Fusil and finally bury him. Now that it appeared to be done, he wasn't sure what to do. He had begun interested in the concept of becoming a Null, but it seems we will never know what he would've done.

Quéßäre trusted no one, hated Fusil, Darruth, and Melyssa. He liked KI'Tork, Neron, Malakath, and Raptil, though he did not trust them. He had plans to join the Holy Meofsip, after they had bonded over killing Fusil.

Edit: Good example of how Quéßäre trusted no one: When some harmless God (I think it was Cim or Neron, but I'm not sure) distributed cookies to all Gods and mortals, he actually checked them for poison.

Name sake: Qué are the first few letters of Québec, Canada. I like Canada, so I stole this for the first three letters of his name. The ßäre was a form of bear because he was meant to be a monster. It had strange accents that did not match the pronunciation to be deceptive.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 04:49:33 am by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: February 21, 2015, 04:59:45 am »

I started the plague that wiped out 1/4 of all humans. Congratulations Stirk. You were right. My plan had been to make a highly lethal plague in a few human hosts and then send in High-Elves to heal the sick, implant my religion, and take over the Empire. Yeah, didn't work that way.
I'm ashamed I didn't realise this thoroughly obvious plot. Why didn't it work out, though? Also, Yaos liked you and would've happily had his followers worship you alongside himself. Of course, if he found out that you were responsible for the plague he would've killed you in an instant, but still.

Quéßäre trusted no one, hated Fusil, Darruth, and Melyssa. He liked KI'Tork, Neron, Malakath, and Raptil, though he did not trust them. He had plans to join the Holy Meofsip, after they had bonded over killing Fusil.
Why did he dislike Melyssa and like Malakath? Melyssa never acted against him and Malakath never really interacted with him.

Edit: Good example of how Quéßäre trusted no one: When some harmless God (I think it was Cim or Neron, but I'm not sure) distributed cookies to all Gods and mortals, he actually checked them for poison.
Same reason why I returned The Light's musk.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: February 21, 2015, 05:00:23 am »

"Oh, I won't make it so that I would recieve notices when people post in OOC thread, nothing important ever happens there"

Damn it past!me.

Well, I didn't do all that much in secret.

-Destroyed all temples of Cim after first Fusils death
-Created guardians same as one in Divine library to protect some places, including Darruths flying city.
-Created a wacher to observe movements of Gods against other Gods. Never saw much.
-Colected greatest mages of the land to study magic, gave them an artifact in which they could store their power to be unleashed with devastating effects whenever needed.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: February 21, 2015, 05:22:45 am »

Oh yeah, next Tick I was going to create something that would've been either my sister or my daughter. That was gonna be fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: February 21, 2015, 06:24:17 am »

If I may ask, what was up with Kyloth's soul? When I first mentioned Soul Weapons to KJP he said that some beings with non-standard souls might not have Soul Weapons the way I thought they would. I then said something like "well yeah, Kyloth is made of hundreds of souls so that might not work out for him" and while he confirmed that Kyloth would be affected his wasn't strange in the way I thought it was. So why was Kyloth's soul strange?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4765 on: February 21, 2015, 06:24:54 am »

YG 0, T111: IC OOooo, PMs ooooo
YG 1 engine: Design OOooo, implementation ooooo
YG 1 changes/improvements: Ooooo
YGor: Concept OOOoo, implementation ooooo
Spoiler: @@@RQST (click to show/hide)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum: I think I still have some recent GMing notes I can send. I'll try to add more to it tomorrow if it's not enough.

Boring notes:

Spoiler: Notes on Void stuff: (click to show/hide)

Rambleramblelog:
Spoiler: Conflict, *HIPPIEMODE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kinds of gods (click to show/hide)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: February 21, 2015, 06:40:09 am »

YG 0, T111: IC OOooo, PMs ooooo
YG 1 engine: Design OOooo, implementation ooooo
YG 1 changes/improvements: Ooooo
YGor: Concept OOOoo, implementation ooooo
Spoiler: @@@RQST (click to show/hide)

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum: I think I still have some recent GMing notes I can send. I'll try to add more to it tomorrow if it's not enough.

Boring notes:

Spoiler: Notes on Void stuff: (click to show/hide)

Rambleramblelog:

Ooh, that sounds interesting! I'd definitely join YG 1 if it's possible.
KJP, do you still remember that time when Melyssa was asked to send a pouch of void stuff back into time? What did it actually do/cause?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 06:41:50 am by Lord_lemonpie »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: February 21, 2015, 06:55:49 am »

* That would be good
 * Not really necessary. The discounts are already pretty good, it's just that gods don't like helping other gods very much
 * NO NO NO. There should be NO bonuses to having a nemesis or being a nemesis. There's already enough conflict without there being an incentive for conflict
 * Best not. Due to how they act, loner gods like Cim and Fusil are kill-happy and very hard to kill already. Making death less escapable wouldn't affect them much due to how easily they can already escape death and the only hope that weaker gods have of surviving is the ease by which they might revive. Alliances do nothing to prevent the deaths of gods.

Rambleramblelog:
That sounds pretty boring as well. Conflict is necessary to provide a fun game but there was just way too much conflict in YG. Those who wanted to play as war-like gods (Fusil and Cim) got war and generally had it pretty good. On the other hand, those who wanted to play as creative-minded gods had to instead divert their time and resources away from their preferred playstyle just so they wouldn't get steamrolled by the war gods. Creation and conflict are both important to a god game but Ye Gods was balanced way too heavily on conflict.

Leave it as it is. That's my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:23:50 am by Andres »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: February 21, 2015, 07:37:42 am »

I'll have a notification of YG 1 as well, if you'd please.

Andres, what gave you the idea Cim was warlike? Active, yes, but it very rarely made hostile actions directly, preferring to deceive its enemies into revealing themselves in order to play the victim. Peaceful actions were plentiful, that's where all that worship came from. Cim had a hidden capital city and dozens of prophets to form organized religion, just as you'd expect from a God of Order and Law.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4769 on: February 21, 2015, 07:38:42 am »

Lord_lemonpie and IcyTea31 added to local RQST list.

The delivery was for keeping a particular time loop stable. The visible endpoints were Neron receiving the icy seeds ("Cold you sign here?") and Melyssa sending the messenger back in time with them before it became immensely more difficult and dangerous to the timeline.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Input received.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 350