Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437999 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #4515 on: February 12, 2015, 12:42:23 am »

What's stopping you from doing that now? I mean, I think I know where you're coming from but at the same time I don't really see Fusil's existence as something worth preventing you from creating weapons. Just add features pertaining to your own sphere(s) to them.
The problem is that the features I want to add don't pertain to my sphere. The thing that's stopping me is that Fusil can just decide to turn the blade against me or claim it like he did with the Strange Knife.

If I die I'll probably play as a war god and just have fun.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: February 12, 2015, 12:46:01 am »

The answer to that question: 1.08 seconds after he gets on Fusil's bad side, of course  :P.

Make sure it's flashy if it happens. ;)

I'd like for Grauel to die as dramatically as possible if he's going to bite the dust. Maybe while trying to eat a Null or something.

Grauel's Death Tune

Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell

What's stopping you from doing that now? I mean, I think I know where you're coming from but at the same time I don't really see Fusil's existence as something worth preventing you from creating weapons. Just add features pertaining to your own sphere(s) to them.
The problem is that the features I want to add don't pertain to my sphere. The thing that's stopping me is that Fusil can just decide to turn the blade against me or claim it like he did with the Strange Knife.

Fair enough I guess. Not a bad idea for a new god. More risky but more entertaining in my opinion.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: February 12, 2015, 12:56:38 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know where that's from but it looks hilarious! :D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4518 on: February 12, 2015, 09:53:41 pm »

Slow updates, PMs, &c.: I've noticed that if I get too many/too long PMs, I tend to skip over them or skip doing YG stuff entirely for a few hours or more. Changing/Edting makes this much, much worse. I know it's not really my place to tell anyone to do less stuff, but I'd really like to ask that the following be done to reduce this reaction:
  • Avoid corrections/adjustments especially after five minutes
  • Send less than a total of about 4KB/~600 words in PMs between updates on average
  • Maintain 3 or fewer separate conversation threads, 4 if necessary (it's the difference between "Reply" and "New message")
  • No haggling outside truly exceptional cases (possibly from being half-asleep (e.g. 11111111111111E for a pile of cubes that don't do anything)) (and not dragging it beyond 2 cycles (total: appeal, response, haggle, response, haggle, response) if you must)
  • At least attempting to apply intellectual honesty about your assumptions when doing stuff based on existing stuff unless it is in-character not to exhibit it
To prevent a non-selective chilling effect, if you haven't received any comments from me about long or excessive PMs, this announcement probably does not concern you. Notably, this does not make me dislike any of you in particular (contrary to what you may think), but it strongly drives me away from doing YG stuff, and I don't have nearly as lax a schedule this quarter as last quarter, so every minute not spent on impatience, futility, frustration, and impatience may end up being several more minutes spent on YG stuff in general. Poking is fine and should be done more often if you still have not received writing stuff (I honestly really don't mind).

Short of it: Too much PM stuff is a disincentive for me doing YG stuff (and you are likely to be safe if I haven't mentioned quantity of PM stuff to you) (and also send pokes and often because I don't mind and need them).

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: February 12, 2015, 10:02:28 pm »

Can we ask what Andres has been doing? :P :))

Edit: Also, when you say tickly increase, do you mean basically everyone is getting a small increase of Essence every tick, regardless of it being in overflow or how much is spent?

When you say spending, do you mean, the more you spend, the bigger effect on increasing Essence total? (eg spending 10E in one tick will have a larger effect than spending 2E every tick for 5 ticks)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:05:21 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4520 on: February 12, 2015, 10:04:16 pm »

I don't follow

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: February 12, 2015, 10:05:20 pm »

Can we ask what Andres has been doing? :P :))

I think what he is insinuating is that this is all stuff Andres has been known to do. On top of that, a few pages back he admitted to you saying he did to much stuff. :-\

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4522 on: February 12, 2015, 10:07:30 pm »

It's not only Andres, but that's confidential.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: February 12, 2015, 10:07:42 pm »

I was jesting. Especially after my 2 massive PMs and one minor one.

Also edits to previous post, in case that was missed (questions on the poll)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: February 12, 2015, 10:08:51 pm »

It's not only Andres, but that's confidential.

The smiley faces likely mean he was joking about it.

I know I have committed many of this sins myself.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: February 12, 2015, 10:11:50 pm »

I just make bad jokes. Like Stirk says, those are things I would associate with Andres.

Wasn't asking you to reveal anything, 'cause that would be bad on a number of levels.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4526 on: February 12, 2015, 10:14:08 pm »

Poll notes:
Overflow: Current model, only increases when you gain Essence past your cap.
Tickly increase: A model I feel encourages activity without punishing inactivity. Increases rolled based on net Essence gain from income per tick (and not from gifts).
Spending: A model with potential both for excitement and abuse, adds cap based on amount spent that tick. Being stabbed by a god-harming sword, burning in a god-harming sun, getting slapped by Slappo the Quxxel, being exploded by a certain castle's defenses, &c. don't count.

Length concerns: If I haven't brought it up with you explicitly, you're not likely to be a part of it

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: February 12, 2015, 10:18:32 pm »

Yeah, I'm probably the prime inspiration for those new rules, I admit. A lot of the stuff I write just cannot exist in a non-secret state but a lot of it is only due to the general relations between gods being competitive and disruptive. You can't really do much in IC without someone getting upset over it and trying to stop that action. If we can all agree as players to be more tolerant of other gods' actions I think we can start putting more stuff in IC. For this, I think Ghazher's had a positive influence by his omni-despised but tolerated anti-sapience plant which kinda provides a baseline of "if you do something that other gods don't like, they have to suck it up because what you did isn't as bad as this, otherwise those gods are hypocrites for not dealing with the plant first." Of course, this only applies to gods who try to not be hypocrites so Darruth probably wouldn't be affected.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:22:07 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: February 12, 2015, 10:19:32 pm »

Poll notes:
Tickly increase: A model I feel encourages activity without punishing inactivity. Increases rolled based on net Essence gain from income per tick (and not from gifts).
Spending: A model with potential both for excitement and abuse, adds cap based on amount spent that tick. Being stabbed by a god-harming sword, burning in a god-harming sun, getting slapped by Slappo the Quxxel, being exploded by a certain castle's defenses, &c. don't count.

Length concerns: If I haven't brought it up with you explicitly, you're not likely to be a part of it

You obviously underestimate my self-centeredness! I am a part of every problem!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: February 12, 2015, 10:24:16 pm »

Poll notes:

You obviously underestimate my self-centeredness! I am a part of every problem!

Especially when you're in the sun and can't do anything!

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 350