Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 438187 times)

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #4320 on: February 07, 2015, 11:28:52 pm »

I'll post some details I've forgot to mention about my specie here:
-Their brains are essentially a ball of lightning.
-They communicate by linking their brains with an electric arc, performing telepathy. They need to be close to each other to perform this.
-The gas of which they are made of is corrosive to organic matter, but harmless to anything else.
-They lack eyes, but can detect variations of pressure and determine it's intensity. They can also detect electricity from far away.
-As of now they have no limbs, and no way to interact with their surrounding.
-They will dissipate if the ambient pressure change too quickly, resulting in death.
-They reproduce by linking their brains with a lightning bolt, and giving a small portion of their energy. More that two individuals can participate to this process. Having more people participating makes this process easier. It is also possible to create twins or triplets this way if a sufficient amount of power is given.
-they do not inherit traits from their parents, everything about a new specimen is determined randomly at birth.
-They have a much bigger range of personalities that humans.
-They normally wander in groups of 50-100 individuals, but often merge in larger groups to discuss.
-They have no concept of parenthood. Newborns are raised by the community.
-As they have no way to harm each other, they resolve conflicts by debating.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: February 07, 2015, 11:30:44 pm »

The people of this world seem to just see weapons as tool. Which, of course they are, but they should be seen as something...more. They should get closer to weapons, giving them some incentive to take good care of old ones rather than having them recycled, sold, or destroyed. I should make an incentive for keeping them, for loving them. The weapon should become a part of them. It should be their best friend, their life.

It should be...human, even as they are human, because it is their life.

Thinking this, I create Shinjo. Spirits that inhabit well-loved weapons, making them more powerful. As they grow more powerful, they grow more intelligent, slowly becoming humans themselves. Powerful enough ones will even be able to transform into the same species as the being who wields them, growing more powerful still the more they are used. It will take time, it will take care, and it will take love. But it can happen. These are released to the worlds.
...therefore, they are a subtype of Human that can turn their bodies into the races that created them. You have a point, though. Even as a subtype of Human they are still entitled to their own entry, just as Mumans and Taiwyrms are. (Tailwyrms are a subtype of Mountwyrms.) I will grant them their own entry. I just need to read Farg's latest post first.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: February 07, 2015, 11:34:34 pm »

It should be...human, even as they are human, because it is their life.

That was a quote from the Rifleman's Creed. I believe I made this clear to you right after that. Litterally, you asked me about it and I ansered:

"You say they'll eventually grow to become sapient human souls? Interesting. Very interesting."

"I didn't say anything. GET OUT OF MY HEAD! GET OUT OF MY HEEEAAAAAD! Anyway, they become the same species as whatever wields them, and are still spirits. They can simply take the form of what they are wielded as."

(I was just quoting the Rifleman's Creed  :-\)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: February 07, 2015, 11:35:14 pm »

-snip-
I'll add this and any other extra info for races you make in the future if you give me 1E.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: February 07, 2015, 11:35:54 pm »

-snip-
I'll add this and any other extra info for races you make in the future if you give me 1E.

For the love of Fusil, don't encourage him. It ain't worth it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: February 07, 2015, 11:39:01 pm »

It seems Mumans aren't present in the bestiary either. Perhaps Yaos didn't think that subtypes should be entered in. Oh well, Malakath does and Yaos isn't around to stop her!

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: February 07, 2015, 11:46:19 pm »

-snip-

I was just dumping that info here so that people don't think I'm making stuff up later. No need to add it as the current description is fine as it is right now.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: February 07, 2015, 11:52:07 pm »

-snip-

I was just dumping that info here so that people don't think I'm making stuff up later. No need to add it as the current description is fine as it is right now.

It is best to make this stuff *when* you design them, preferably as part of a price check. Adding a bunch of weird abilities may end up costing more.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: February 07, 2015, 11:55:12 pm »

-snip-

It is best to make this stuff *when* you design them, preferably as part of a price check. Adding a bunch of weird abilities may end up costing more.

That's what I would've done, but I had forgotten those details. I'll add them the other post to avoid confusion.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:01:07 am by FArgHalfnr »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: February 07, 2015, 11:57:51 pm »

Don't worry about it. You can add whatever you want to a race later on so long as it's not blatantly obvious that it wasn't there before. The only other problem arises is if you clarify that they have a special ability that would make them more expensive. Their corrosiveness to organics might be one but I'm not sure.

Mumans and Shinjo have been added to the bestiary, but I'm still looking for the link where I made the Mumans.

EDIT: Found and linked. :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 12:01:10 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: February 08, 2015, 12:06:13 am »

Don't worry about it. You can add whatever you want to a race later on so long as it's not blatantly obvious that it wasn't there before. The only other problem arises is if you clarify that they have a special ability that would make them more expensive. Their corrosiveness to organics might be one but I'm not sure.

Mumans and Shinjo have been added to the bestiary, but I'm still looking for the link where I made the Mumans.

EDIT: Found and linked. :)

I told you the Shinjo aren't human subtype, or human at all....This is why I said "Don't Listen to Andres". He isn't 100% correct on the other part either. Flavor things can be added at will, but you are going to have to pay for anything with mechanical effect.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: February 08, 2015, 12:57:32 am »

For the record, neither is Stirk 100% correct all of the time. None of us are. Take everything with a grain of salt.

Several grains if from Andres, Stirk, or IcyTea. Andres because he seems to perceive the game differently than the rest of us, Stirk for a similar reason but also because his machinations and manipulations extend even to the OOC, he is that nefarious, and IcyTea because he knows exactly what is going on...and why would he have any reason to tell the rest of us?

Oh, yeah, and I'm included in that bunch, but that's because I like to make things seem more dramatic and interesting than they are.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: February 08, 2015, 02:02:35 am »

Oh, yeah, and I'm included in that bunch, but that's because I like to make things seem more dramatic and interesting than they are.
By that he means he starts yelling and swearing when something bad happens.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: February 08, 2015, 02:28:32 am »

I was talking about OOC, Andres.

Why is it so strange to you that Darruth gets genuinely pissed at these things and has his own rants about them? Polite=/=nice.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: February 08, 2015, 02:45:27 am »

I was talking about OOC, Andres.

Why is it so strange to you that Darruth gets genuinely pissed at these things and has his own rants about them? Polite=/=nice.
My mistake.

Are you kidding me? You think that you can be polite while not being nice but you can't be good while not being nice? Ugh, whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 350