Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 438326 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #4125 on: February 01, 2015, 01:45:13 am »

I'm sorry but I'm not going to talk about that here, I will glady discuss it in one of the religions threads though.
Mostly because I don't think FGRP is a good place for this sort of conversation

Also with the earlier, I don't think it's possible at all to recreate an organic lifeform that has the same thoughts/emotions/feelings as the think it is a copy of while that is easily done to a computer at least with the thoughts part
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: February 01, 2015, 02:29:46 am »

Well no, I'm not talking about magical clones. But intelligent, empathic machines? Those are certainly possible.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: February 01, 2015, 08:58:31 am »

I was referring to

Thesis: Humans are unique and cannot be copied with technology.
Technology might or might not eventually be able to copy humans, but even if not, that doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to create things in our image. Even if humans are unique, science will march on and we will just keep on trying.

I don't think we will ever be able to clone animals to have the same processes as eachother
But if we made a computer with emotions, it would be much easier to track what it's doing and make another computer that does and thinks and feels just as the first did

Has anyone brought up the new movie 'Chapie' yet?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: February 01, 2015, 03:21:46 pm »

Any computer complex enough to have emotions would be just as difficult to track what and why it did X as a human. Or an animal, depending on level of intelligence.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: February 01, 2015, 05:51:58 pm »

Well not really
Considering someone had to program the computer and put it together and it's much easier to track simply because
1) people ere monitoring it the entire time it has existed and we know exactly how to build and program it unlike biological life
2) we can have it set up to store all information that runs through it (big storage but still)
3) it's a lot easier to make a computer that monitors a computer than one that monitors biological life

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: February 01, 2015, 06:44:12 pm »

We know how to create biological life, too. We can clone it. By the time we have this stuff, I'm fairly sure we'll know how to build and program biological life. Particularly since that's almost exactly my plan for how to make effective nanobots. Microbots, really, but nonetheless.

So any computer complex enough to have actual emotions would be just as difficult to determine how much each exact individual thing it experienced affected it, and if it was actually intelligent, the only way to ensure that a second computer was identical to it would be to both A. control the way probability and randomness functions and B. expose it to identical stimuli in the exact same manner as the first computer.

Also, half the point of a true AI would be that no, you don't program every little bit of it. That's not AI. It codes itself after a point as it learns, like a brain does. In fact, artificial brains was basically my original idea for AI.

We can monitor a person for the entire time they exist. And it's exactly as corporate/stalkerish in either situation.

So number 2 is basically giving it eidetic memory? Which would, in and of itself, influence the way the computer thought because it couldn't trim down unnecessary information?

What's your basis for number 3? Because it can't move around?

Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: February 01, 2015, 08:58:04 pm »

Fusil's outburst made me lol. :D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: February 01, 2015, 09:05:10 pm »

Also, I realized recently that I may have helped create the inspiration for some parts of Ye Gods, from a thread I hadn't looked at in forever.

It's inceptiony.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4133 on: February 01, 2015, 09:26:27 pm »

Finally I can sit down, relax a bit, and do YG stuff after a whole week of unscheduled hiatus! :)

Update status:
PMs: [o--------]
OOC: [----------]
IC: [----------]

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: February 01, 2015, 09:28:39 pm »

Take your time KJP, there's no need to rush anything, I think we're amusing ourselves enough as it is.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: February 01, 2015, 09:29:56 pm »

If possible, I'd really prefer if you read my addenda to my secret actions before you respond to the things they're based on unless heavy retconning is an option.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #4136 on: February 01, 2015, 09:31:54 pm »

I'll try, but what I've done is opened up the 30-something conversations, and I can't see the title from the tab label.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: February 01, 2015, 09:32:40 pm »

Don't worry KJP, since now we have tons of time to actualy discuss things, with evryone eventualy present, the results are amazing!

Take your time to do whatever you need/want to do, when you start it will be like start of brand spanking new TV series sseason (Like Game of thrones or Doctor Who). And we are discusinng meaningfull themes in OOC, like future prospects of humanity, almost without swearing and outrage. There was even some fanart!
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: February 01, 2015, 09:34:12 pm »

I'll try, but what I've done is opened up the 30-something conversations, and I can't see the title from the tab label.
My addenda are represented by the word "edit" in the titles if that helps any.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: February 01, 2015, 09:45:48 pm »

Fusil's outburst made me lol. :D

I must applaud you. You are, for once in Malakath's life, doing a great job of not getting on Fusils extensive hit list!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 350