Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435233 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3150 on: January 03, 2015, 08:38:08 am »

Edit: wasnt silencing Fusil at imminent death, not imminent success?
It was, but then I changed my Oppose to a Support. Congrats on being awake during the GM's update this time!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: January 03, 2015, 08:54:59 am »

I suppose Fusil will need to speak through Tykki until we undo this sillynes  ::)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: January 03, 2015, 01:15:48 pm »

I suppose Fusil will need to speak through Tykki until we undo this sillynes  ::)
Or blow stuff up. This was a bad idea.

Sorry Stirk.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: January 03, 2015, 01:37:21 pm »

$$$
Price check on Arkangel Viminal, since you seem to be very wary about me creating it which makes me wonder just how much the bloody thing costs.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3154 on: January 03, 2015, 02:41:29 pm »

Arkanjel Viminal: 15E

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: January 03, 2015, 03:46:54 pm »

#rekt

Eh, Kloth put up more of a fight than I thought. To be fair to her, Tykki can't use her normal weapons there. They all have permakill enchantments that are stronger than the DBT. Want to try again with different tactics? You know, after I can communicate again *not* through explosions.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: January 03, 2015, 04:18:24 pm »

Hmmm...

$$$
Price check on creating floating cities, with or without a floating Obelisk grid surrounding them in a geometric pattern to keep 'em safe(floating cities aren't exactly very secure...).
Price check on doing that with Khaziraad's assistance
Price check on pentupling the number of Guardian Angels I have

And ### checks. Cause I'm curious.
Approximate number of people in each of my races?
Approximate number of followers total?
Approximate number of Templars?
I'd ask something witty here but I can't really think of anything I think would be interesting enough to post.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: January 03, 2015, 04:45:48 pm »

$$$Price Check$$$ on creating a giant, 7 tiered marble city with everything that it requires to sustain itself (fertile farm soil, workshops, houses, mines underground, forges, orchards, and churches) that can support and hold 20,000 Wolf-People. Also with a giant, defensible citadel. (Same with 5 tiers and 15,000 capacity, for a cheaper alternative) think Minas Tirith from Lord of the Rings, if you know what I'm talking about.

I'm planning on giving this as a reward to my Wolf-People, and as a safe haven for followers.

#Check on total followers
#Check on Wolf-People
#Check on Low-Elves (High-Elf-Human Hybrids) because I really want to know what's going on with them.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: January 03, 2015, 04:47:44 pm »

#rekt

Eh, Kloth put up more of a fight than I thought. To be fair to her, Tykki can't use her normal weapons there. They all have permakill enchantments that are stronger than the DBT. Want to try again with different tactics? You know, after I can communicate again *not* through explosions.

To be fair Kyloth had pretty much ideal circumstances. Though I stopped caring abaut actual outcome of the battle when Kyloth accidentialy kicked Tykki out of DB plane, battle was won for me right there. :P
It might be time to improve DB plane to deal with all the uber powerfull permakill weapons. As for remach, you can ask Kyloth. My angels and archangels are free to do whatever they want when I don't need them to do anything specific.
Has anyone considered having armies of Mortals duke it out in DB plane as some sort of friendly murderous millitary games?

The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: January 03, 2015, 04:49:01 pm »

#rekt

To be fair Kyloth had pretty much ideal circumstances. Though I stopped caring abaut actual outcome of the battle when Kyloth accidentialy kicked Tykki out of DB plane, battle was won for me right there. :P
It might be time to improve DB plane to deal with all the uber powerfull permakill weapons. As for remach, you can ask Kyloth. My angels and archangels are free to do whatever they want when I don't need them to do anything specific.
Has anyone considered having armies of Mortals duke it out in DB plane as some sort of friendly murderous millitary games?
Even better, the best military training possible. This is a great idea.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: January 03, 2015, 05:48:51 pm »

...That was basically my entire reason for wanting the DBP in the first place. I actually said as much when I voted for it, if I remember right.

Oh, yes, I nearly forgot; the really important magic that I still haven't given the Seraphim which actually ties into the Seraph constellation(and which is what I really meant by Planes)

So, two things:

One: Kilojoule Proton! I would like the Seraph constellation to be associated with Dimensional Magic, not Planes! It's more clear that way.
Two:
$$$
Price check on attuning the Seraphim to Dimensional Magic. Also, I know I initially said that they were a highly magical race, but I'm not sure how much of an effect that actually has(I've basically been going off the assumption that for most races, in order to have mages of a given type of magic(or at least mages of any quality), they have to be attuned to that magic), and I'd like to know how overloaded they are with attunement from all the stuff I've been giving them, and/or how much they actually can use the more difficult types of magic.

Eh, while I'm at it:
Price check on attuning Chiracyx to Elemental Magic(mostly Earth, Water, and Fire)
Price check on boosting all races to 1.5 Million(for each race; total 6 million)? Same Price check, but Chiracyx only to 0.5 Million, and Cherubim only to 1 Million(Seraphim and Ophanim to 1.5 still)?
Price check on attuning Seraphim to Universal Magic(if that's even possible)?

Also: Is it possible to attune something to lawmancy(No, I still don't actually know what that is other than bits and pieces from what I've heard)?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and you said there were three kinds of Alchemy. Can I ask for descriptions of them(were you just referencing what I was saying for different kinds?)? I want to know mostly because the Cherubim are sort of a combination of gnomes, moogles, dwarves, and goblins(I feel like I'm missing a race here) in terms of their affinities towards professions and the like, so Alchemy(at least the type I'm thinking of, which is the 'mix the potions, hope they don't explode' kind) would be one of the things they'd be fairly good at.

And, as something I just thought of: is it possible/cost something to 'attune' a race to something that isn't a type of Magic or sphere? I think I'd call them Affinities, and it would kinda be the secondary stuff from spheres, or the things that they're meant to be good at not covered by their Alignments or Attunements. Like Ophanim at combat, or Seppo(those are the crafters, right? I get them mixed up sometimes; I've taken to remembering that Armu have lots of arms, which seems silly that I have to do that...other people probably have the same thing for my races though) at Weaponsmithing(I feel like being Aligned to Weapons doesn't quite cover it, simply because Armu are too and they're good at using weapons, rather than making them), or, uh...

I actually don't know much about anyone else's races.

Which reminds me.

Andres, if you're gonna be a meanie and not update the bestiary out of a (fairly blatant) ploy to get Essence for an OOC convenience, I'll do it. And I don't want this, because I'd be terrible at it.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:58:59 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: January 03, 2015, 06:43:58 pm »

Double post but I'm in a doing things sort of mood and the last post was getting a bit excessively long.

Kilojoule said a while back he'd be willing/interested in a thing showing how the relations of the Gods shift over time, so I think I'll be starting a relationship chart trying to show, based on IC stuff, what relationships everyone has with each other.

However, I would be greatly helped if people were willing to say how their God views everyone else's. I'll probably be putting who I think the most active/biggest/oldest gods are at the top of the chart, right after Darruth. Not because I think I'm more active than everyone else, or more powerful or older, since none of those things are true, but because I'm not really sure how active I am, and since I know how my God views everyone else, and it's just easiest for the moment. If someone(or multiple to get a nice base of reference) was willing to say how they view the order of activity/size/age right now, that'd be great. I put size and age on there mostly because I feel like Cim, Fusil, and Azem are the gods that should be near the top, but the ones that would be most active would be the new Gods, since they're the ones who have to bootstrap themselves up.

Perhaps a better word would be how established a god is. How entrenched in the world they are and, though any of us could die and the world would keep functioning(unless Cim or Kli or something has tied themselves to the laws of physics or something), how...important? they are in the world. Not quite the right word but I think you guys get what I'm getting at.

Comments on how other gods, particularly the inactive or seemingly inactive ones, view the other gods from your experience would also be helpful, and interesting; it's always interesting to hear how other people think you view everyone else.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: January 03, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »

Also, I know I initially said that they were a highly magical race, but I'm not sure how much of an effect that actually has(I've basically been going off the assumption that for most races, in order to have mages of a given type of magic(or at least mages of any quality), they have to be attuned to that magic), and I'd like to know how overloaded they are with attunement from all the stuff I've been giving them, and/or how much they actually can use the more difficult types of magic.
Attunement doesn't increase the amount of mages born to a race. Mages are capable of using all types of magic; attunement only increases how good they are at the magic they're attuned to. A Cosmic-attuned race's mages can use all magic (Elemental, Cosmic, Musical, etc.) but are particularly good at Cosmic. From what I can tell, you can't "overload" a race with attunement. Does "highly magical race" mean that their mages are more powerful, that they produce more mages, or both?

Also: Is it possible to attune something to lawmancy(No, I still don't actually know what that is other than bits and pieces from what I've heard)?
Lawmancy is the stuff that lawyers do IRL. It just has a fancy name in Ye Gods. Laywers in Ye Gods are called lawmancers.

Andres, if you're gonna be a meanie and not update the bestiary out of a (fairly blatant) ploy to get Essence for an OOC convenience, I'll do it. And I don't want this, because I'd be terrible at it.
I'm going to assume that you're not serious when you're calling me a meanie. If not, then I'll counter by saying that it's less me being a meanie and you just being entitled. Moreover, if I get the 5 Essence I'll upgrade the Bestiary with a new edition that will - at least - include intelligence levels of the races.

Kilojoule said a while back he'd be willing/interested in a thing showing how the relations of the Gods shift over time, so I think I'll be starting a relationship chart trying to show, based on IC stuff, what relationships everyone has with each other.
Oh man I loved that old shipping chart! If you make one I'll drop the price of the Bestiary to 3E.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: January 03, 2015, 07:02:55 pm »

Interesting. I'm looking forward to something like that although I must admit I don't really know how to put into words Grauel's views on most other gods. His views on others mostly relate to others in terms of a few simple questions.

1) Are they likely to work with me?
2) What are they likely to work with me on? / Shared goals?
3) Are they likely to work against me?
4) What are they likely to work against me on? / Opposing goals?
5) How "strong" / "influential" are they?

The first four largely decide how Grauel interacts with others and the last determines how he goes about those interactions. It is more complex than that but it serves as a good standard.

I might be willing to provide Grauel's views on 1 and maybe 5 but I'd probably keep his views on the rest confidential.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: January 03, 2015, 07:29:24 pm »

I was basically just going to use a range from things like "Allies" or "Good Friends" going through things like "Unassociated" and "Neutral" all the way to "Enemies" and "Hatred".

Though they'd be more from the point of view of whichever column/row is whatever.

And yes, Andres, I was joking about you being a meanie. I do find your excuse for stopping rather poor, however, and the asking for 5 Essence rather unsporting. If you just didn't want to do it, that'd be a little different. But as it stands, it looks like you're just trying to get 'free'(you are doing something, after all) Essence, which wouldn't be such a big deal(still isn't a big deal, since Cim, for example, makes probably twice that in a tick) if it wasn't primarily an OOC thing. It feels meta and/or like mixing IC and OOC, which I think out of all of them is the thing that bugs me the most about it, I think. For example; are you no longer going to upkeep the Skyfeatures thing, since you were just taking over for Happery.

reducing cost to 3E
>.>

lawmancy
Ah. I though it might have been a school of magic Cim created or something dealing with contracts, pacts, and essentially lawyering in a magical way, such that it would become, to a certain extent, a battle of wills between Lawmancers as to who wins the case, with evidence or the like giving advantages or disadvantages.

Minor explanation of what I had intended for Highly Magical to mean:
Sorta both. Basically, an innate knack for magic, in addition to basically all of them being able to do magic to some minor degree, and a larger proportion of mages as compared to the total population.

And by minor degree, I mean that to my mind, and it might not be true but I feel like it should be but that's just because I like settings which are like this and not everyone does(and stopping rambling)...

Bleh. To me, almost everyone can do magic. Most people just can't do much. Maybe it helps them make sure dishes are clean, or reduce a fever just a touch, or relieve a headache(though that might be counterproductive...), that sort of thing. Really little stuff, practical things. Mending clothes, fixing broken plates, lighting candles. Not something you use lightly, as these tasks would still be somewhat draining/stressful for the average person, but handy to have if you need it. For example: light the candle with your little wick-stick or whatever when you can, but if you forgot it back at the house 30 minutes round trip away, use magic, deal with the tiredness/headache/whatever the consequences are for mild overuse of magic that doesn't burn out your soul.

The people who are properly called Mages are the ones that do very different/specific things with magic, the ones who find it comparatively easy to do, the ones who are able to do much larger scale magic, and those with vast degrees of magical potential.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 350