Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435331 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3060 on: January 01, 2015, 10:03:07 pm »

Happy new year!

80.05.2: Proposals require seconding by two other gods to pass (7-2/14) [PASSED]
80.05.3: Proposals require seconding by three other gods to pass (3-2/14) [PASSED]

80.02: Proposals failing because of opposition cannot be re-proposed for 10 ticks (3-2/14) [PASSED]
80.02.4: As above but for 4 ticks (5-0/14) [PASSED]

I'm not sure what happens now. Maybe go with the one with more support?

(more later)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: January 01, 2015, 10:10:14 pm »

I'm not sure what happens now.

Ooh, I know exactly what to do...*sneaks off to IC*
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: January 01, 2015, 10:15:50 pm »

80.05.2: Proposals require seconding by two other gods to pass (7-2/14) [PASSED]
80.05.3: Proposals require seconding by three other gods to pass (3-2/14) [PASSED]

80.02: Proposals failing because of opposition cannot be re-proposed for 10 ticks (3-2/14) [PASSED]
80.02.4: As above but for 4 ticks (5-0/14) [PASSED]

I'm not sure what happens now. Maybe go with the one with more support?
That's exactly what should happen. It also happens to be how a good democracy works.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: January 01, 2015, 10:32:39 pm »

Aye; Whichever one got more support.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: January 01, 2015, 11:42:57 pm »

80.05.2: Proposals require seconding by two other gods to pass (7-2/14) [PASSED] (SUPERSEDED)
80.05.2 got much more votes than 80.05.3. It shouldn't have been superseded.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3065 on: January 01, 2015, 11:47:56 pm »

A mistake. Fixed on local copy.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: January 02, 2015, 12:03:23 am »

It is a curse. It is real. I am forever doomed to see that YG got new update by GM while I slept. I have a tradition of not sleeping on mew years night, and I didint. Ofc no YG update. Just as I went down and woke up three hours later due to bullshit dreams that don't make any sense, becouse they hapen when you don't sleep for a while, wham GM updates and answers my PM.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:15:39 am by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: January 02, 2015, 12:21:07 am »

I find this absolutely hilarious. :D

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: January 02, 2015, 12:26:28 am »

Taking the convo to the OOC thread because that's where it really should be:

Andres...I don't think you actually understand how effective crossbows are and were. Also, no, 6-1 odds is really fucking bad, doesn't matter how well trained you are; it's asymptotic, how good you can get. And I'm not talking about in a larger battle, where the Paladin can sometimes let his buddies cover for him. I'm talking about six guys focused on him, who have trained together and worked together for years. Veteran soldiers who understand how to work together. People underestimate how much of a difference teamwork makes in combat situations. In real life, or with smart soldiers in games, you don't fight the hero one at a time and get punched out. You flank him, you rush him, you don't let him have space to maneuver. Topping that off with the fact that while I don't think they're as weak as Stirk does, they certainly aren't as strong as you think they are.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: January 02, 2015, 12:30:05 am »

Andres...I don't think you actually understand how effective crossbows are and were.
The armour they wore could deflect bullets. Guns > crossbows.

EDIT: I'm talking about round-shot flintlock pistol bullets rather than the stuff we use today.

Also, no, 6-1 odds is really fucking bad, doesn't matter how well trained you are; it's asymptotic, how good you can get. And I'm not talking about in a larger battle, where the Paladin can sometimes let his buddies cover for him. I'm talking about six guys focused on him, who have trained together and worked together for years. Veteran soldiers who understand how to work together. People underestimate how much of a difference teamwork makes in combat situations. In real life, or with smart soldiers in games, you don't fight the hero one at a time and get punched out. You flank him, you rush him, you don't let him have space to maneuver. Topping that off with the fact that while I don't think they're as weak as Stirk does, they certainly aren't as strong as you think they are.
You haven't watched enough action movies, then. Also, conservation of ninjutsu exists in Ye Gods.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:31:45 am by Andres »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #3070 on: January 02, 2015, 12:31:43 am »

You haven't watched enough action movies, then. Also, conservation of ninjutsu exists in Ye Gods.
No, no it doesn't. It never has...
This is why you shouldn't be the magic man.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: January 02, 2015, 12:32:28 am »

No, no it doesn't. It never has...
This is why you shouldn't be the magic man.
Yes it has. GM said it himself when angel-creation and ninja clans were brought up.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: January 02, 2015, 12:38:59 am »

The armour they wore could deflect bullets. Guns > crossbows.

EDIT: I'm talking about round-shot flintlock pistol bullets rather than the stuff we use today.

Their armor never reflected bullets -_-. I am the only one who used guns, and I mowed them down like grass.

Andres...I don't think you actually understand how effective crossbows are and were. Also, no, 6-1 odds is really fucking bad, doesn't matter how well trained you are; it's asymptotic, how good you can get. And I'm not talking about in a larger battle, where the Paladin can sometimes let his buddies cover for him. I'm talking about six guys focused on him, who have trained together and worked together for years. Veteran soldiers who understand how to work together. People underestimate how much of a difference teamwork makes in combat situations. In real life, or with smart soldiers in games, you don't fight the hero one at a time and get punched out. You flank him, you rush him, you don't let him have space to maneuver. Topping that off with the fact that while I don't think they're as weak as Stirk does, they certainly aren't as strong as you think they are.

You have never seen them fight one on one, have you? I have. In every fight they where in, I was completely underwhelmed.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: January 02, 2015, 12:48:43 am »

I was referring to action movies, actually, when I was talking about that.

And in this game, they don't fight like they do in action movies. Conservation of Ninjutsu applies on a broad scale, not on individual battlefields, here, Andres.

You're underwhelmed by everything because you overwhelm everything, Stirk. With enough power, everything looks weak, because you no longer have a sense of scale for it.

What I'm wondering is who are more powerful, Templars or Paladins? I'm guessing Paladins, particularly since Templars are meant to be guardians and monster slayers, not necessarily front line combatants all the time.

Hmmm...I need to work on Faultless Armor, soon...

Also seriously Andres you don't get how strong crossbows are. There's a reason they were banned in the middle ages, while the longbow wasn't. It wasn't just ease of use, either...They seriously would go through the breastplate of a knight's armor and out the other side. Crossbows are fuckin' powerful.

Also, Kevlar stops bullets. Doesn't stop arrows, though. Not kidding.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:54:06 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: January 02, 2015, 12:53:44 am »

Their armor never reflected bullets -_-. I am the only one who used guns, and I mowed them down like grass.
Dude. There's a between difference between getting shot by a flintlock pistol directly at the armour and getting shot with modern guns made by the god of Weapons and handled by Weapon angels and, like Rolep said, probably buffed to all hell. I'm rather surprised that only 20 of them were killed by your two angels. I'm guessing a lot more would've died if they weren't using Breaker Shields.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 12:59:58 am by Andres »
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 350