Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 436076 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #1890 on: November 30, 2014, 12:11:59 am »

Petition to the players: the thing that separates an angel from an archangel is the ENHANCED trait.

All my Angels have the ENHANCED trait now, the UNIQUE trait would make more since...
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 30, 2014, 12:23:38 am »

Petition to the players: the thing that separates an angel from an archangel is the ENHANCED trait.

No.

:D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 30, 2014, 12:24:30 am »

I like archangel better as a title describing rank. I don't particulary care for them being distinguished by enhanced traits and if they are to be unique then something in between archangels and regular angels like say "Harbingers" would be nice.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 30, 2014, 12:28:56 am »

All my Angels have the ENHANCED trait now, the UNIQUE trait would make more since...
Good point. I forgot about the Unique trait.

I like archangel better as a title describing rank. I don't particulary care for them being distinguished by enhanced traits and if they are to be unique then something in between archangels and regular angels like say "Harbingers" would be nice.
YOU'RE responsible for the Harbinger of Doom!? I should've known! >:(
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 30, 2014, 12:51:42 am »

Hmmmm.

What would be between Angels and Archangels...

I don't really know. We could just make them higher ranking Angels, or named Angels, or call it something unique for each god, or just call them Archons or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 30, 2014, 01:01:39 am »

YOU'RE responsible for the Harbinger of Doom!? I should've known! >:(
That's a big leap of logic. Harbinger just had a nice ring to it and fits well. I also suggested a seraphim class before and almost suggested a class of principalities but that seems more of a mouthful than the former which could just be called seraphs. Titles like powers, dominions, virtues, cherubim, etc were all other classic possibilities from Christian angel hierarchy that could also be used to maintain the current theme but I don't think those names are as catchy. If we want to break the theme, we could go with some other cool themes like the Oni or Deva though. That stuff is interesting to me at least.

Also Harbinger of Doom? I remember the name from the attack on Fusil I think but don't really recall what it was capable of or if it ever showed up anywhere else. I also don't remember it sounding particularly powerful. IF I made something so dramatic sounding, it would probably be a bit more impressive. No offense to whomever made it ;).
Sure thing peanut man!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 30, 2014, 01:02:57 am »

There simply aren't enough angels to warrant the creation of an intermediate rank. If there were dozens of angels, intermediates could serve as sergeants with an archangel commanding a few squads of angels each. As it is, there's no point in having a middle rank.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 30, 2014, 01:05:42 am »

When I created Tykki, the first and best Angel, we just called her the Angel of Arms. More angels got made, so we ended up calling her the Archangel of Arms. I don't really care about anybody else's naming scheme, I will probably call my angels by their names if I can help it. Why do we even need a ranking system, anyway?

The "Harbinger of Dooom!" was probably the hooded lady, the one who's parents Yaos killed. You know, that orphaned girl. The one who's little brother was lost. I investigated it, found it harmless, and left it alone.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 30, 2014, 01:14:53 am »

Cough cough. Seriously some of us with large essence incomes could actually benefit from an intermediate commander class.
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 30, 2014, 01:16:16 am »

There simply aren't enough angels to warrant the creation of an intermediate rank. If there were dozens of angels, intermediates could serve as sergeants with an archangel commanding a few squads of angels each. As it is, there's no point in having a middle rank.

Heheheheh.

HEHEHEHEHEH.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 30, 2014, 01:19:16 am »

The "Harbinger of Dooom!" was probably the hooded lady, the one who's parents Yaos killed. You know, that orphaned girl. The one who's little brother was lost. I investigated it, found it harmless, and left it alone.
I won't go too much into IC, but you might want to note that 'harbinger' means 'something, not necessarily bad, to warn about something much worse about to happen.' Even if it was harmless, you or someone else might want to investigate further.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 30, 2014, 01:22:53 am »

I won't go too much into IC, but you might want to note that 'harbinger' means 'something, not necessarily bad, to warn about something much worse about to happen.' Even if it was harmless, you or someone else might want to investigate further.

I also found that it was made by another god, not the GM or Void or any other source. I had no reason to investigate further, and Tykki really wants to kill her, anyway. Whatever it is, it was made by one of us and is harmless. I have no reason to look into it.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #1902 on: November 30, 2014, 01:24:37 am »

Yeah, the Harbringer of Doom was the girl Yaos messed up. She came and talked about a prophecy but said no god could know what it was. And then she left.
She really doesn't like Yaos BTW. Or Fusil and Cim, but those aren't as bad.

And I don't really see much point right now of more angel ranks, considering no one has more than ten angels.
I personally only have three, and two are completely evenly ranked and the last I use as a cloak most of the time. And sometimes a sword.

And since the ranks are just titles, you can call your angels what you want.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 30, 2014, 01:25:23 am »

She really doesn't like Yaos BTW. Or Fusil and Cim, but those aren't as bad.

She seemed to be fine with me when I talked with her :-\

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 30, 2014, 01:43:06 am »

no one has more than ten angels.
Eheh. Eheh. Eheheheheheh.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 350