Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437629 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #915 on: November 09, 2014, 08:30:09 pm »

Have my starting points been affected by income yet? Is there a place that tells me how many points I have? Because I don't see it.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #916 on: November 09, 2014, 08:32:00 pm »

It should be below the Buildings table near the bottom of the page. If you overspend, the last items unable to fit will be placed on the queue for the next turn.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 09, 2014, 08:37:04 pm »

Hm. Well that just tells me my income and starting points.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #918 on: November 09, 2014, 08:43:15 pm »

Actual points will be added once the first turn is over.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 09, 2014, 09:27:04 pm »

Moons tend not to have the right atmosphere or even enough atmospheric pressure to allow humans (and Earth-critters in general) to survive. This is why space adaptation is required.
(Most tend not to....well that's what the specifying's for! The extra specifications say that the moons are roughly planet-sized or are at least dense enough to have planet-like gravity and that they have the right atmosphere and atmospheric pressure.)

Gas giant status: Barring further explanation and miraculous modification, the two giants are likely located beyond the ring in which water, ammonia, and methane are present in liquid form. The surface temperature on the planets and moons are not likely to rise above 170K (around -100°C or -150°F) during perihelion. Most of them are likely to be mostly geologically dead (if not completely). Placing them in the same orbit as Keshan/Slytha will require Council approval or an Essence payment of about 6 to miraculously stabilize Keshan/Slytha.
(Closeness to the sun isn't the only factor in terms of a body in outer space. Venus and Mercury are proof of that. Other factors are atmosphere (like Venus), increased geothermal energy produced by a large, nearby gravitational source (liquid water exists in one of Jupiter's moons, under the surface of the planet), volcanic activity, extra-terrestrial events (such as a meteor striking the moon/planet), and my favourite reason of all: because we're GODS. It's entirely possible for at least a couple of the moons to be habitable to human life, or at least habitable enough for modified human life.)

EDIT: The 'because we're GODS' thing might've come off as a bit rude. The intended tone was a celebratory one, because hey! We're gods!

$$$
Price check on making a breed of Humans adapted for living on one of the moons, assuming they're inhabitable for current Humans.
Price check on making a breed of Humans adapted for living on a regular planet like Keshan or Slytha, except it has ten times the gravity.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 09:31:55 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 09, 2014, 09:31:45 pm »

(Most tend not to....well that's what the specifying's for! The extra specifications say that the moons are roughly planet-sized or are at least dense enough to have planet-like gravity and that they have the right atmosphere and atmospheric pressure.)

That would cost a ton of essence, since it would basically be building multiple planets...

(Closeness to the sun isn't the only factor in terms of a body in outer space. Venus and Mercury are proof of that. Other factors are atmosphere (like Venus), increased geothermal energy produced by a large, nearby gravitational source (liquid water exists in one of Jupiter's moons, under the surface of the planet), volcanic activity, extra-terrestrial events (such as a meteor striking the moon/planet), and my favourite reason of all: because we're GODS. It's entirely possible for at least a couple of the moons to be habitable to human life, or at least habitable enough for modified human life.)

Venus is a full sized planet with a thick atmosphere, Mercury is incredibly hot on one side and cold on the other (kind of proving it, really...), they are geothermally dead, under-surface water wouldn't really help medieval level humans, dead again, meteors don't exist because we haven't made any, and you didn't spend enough essence to make the moon habitable to humans.

Face it, they are in the tentacles of the Armu now.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 09, 2014, 09:34:49 pm »

Venus is a full sized planet with a thick atmosphere, Mercury is incredibly hot on one side and cold on the other (kind of proving it, really...), they are geothermally dead, under-surface water wouldn't really help medieval level humans, dead again, meteors don't exist because we haven't made any, and you didn't spend enough essence to make the moon habitable to humans.

Face it, they are in the tentacles of the Armu now.
The Venus-Mercury example was only supposed to explain that proximity to the sun isn't the end-all argument for how hot a planet would be. ALL of those examples were only supposed to explain that proximity to the sun isn't the end-all argument for how hot a planet would be. Besides, I just did a price check for how much it would cost to make adapted humans.

What do the Armu even eat?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 09, 2014, 09:39:34 pm »

The Venus-Mercury example was only supposed to explain that proximity to the sun isn't the end-all argument for how hot a planet would be. ALL of those examples were only supposed to explain that proximity to the sun isn't the end-all argument for how hot a planet would be. Besides, I just did a price check for how much it would cost to make adapted humans.

I posted before you edited, so it isn't like you can really call me out on that. And again, that applies to PLANETS. Venus has an atmosphere so thick that no human could hope to get past it even in a space ship. The moons would have to be utterly massive to be able to get enough greenhouse gasses to survive, and would likely still be just as inhospitable to humans who arn't magically empowered.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #923 on: November 09, 2014, 09:41:49 pm »

It's hard to keep a planet warm when the thermal input's so low. A geologically dead planet beyond the snow line probably receives almost exclusively tidal heating. The "We're gods, so it works" argument works only as far as you are able or willing to spend Essence to bend or ignore these considerations (inclusive) or internal consistency.

$$$Response
Already habitable: Then you wouldn't need a special breed, would you?
For rocky liquid water-covered oxygen-rich planets with 10G: Multiply standard price by a factor of about 2.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 09, 2014, 09:46:57 pm »

I posted before you edited, so it isn't like you can really call me out on that. And again, that applies to PLANETS. Venus has an atmosphere so thick that no human could hope to get past it even in a space ship. The moons would have to be utterly massive to be able to get enough greenhouse gasses to survive, and would likely still be just as inhospitable to humans who arn't magically empowered.
I wasn't calling you out on it, I was just informing. Sorry for making it out badly. But the moons don't really have to be very big, they could just be very dense.

$$$Response
Already habitable: Then you wouldn't need a special breed, would you?
The price check was to make a breed of humans that would survive on an INhospitable planet. Basically one where the gravity's a bit wrong, or the temperature's too high or low, or there's too much sulfur in the air or something. It kinda depends on the current specs of the moons.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #925 on: November 09, 2014, 09:56:19 pm »

The word you used was inhabitable, but that depends greatly on the specific conditions. Being able to survive on the sun or far away from any stars would change them to such a level that making a new race would be cheaper.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 09, 2014, 10:26:39 pm »

Semantics! My old enemy! But in any case, the conditions are the ones present on the moons, or at least the most hospitable/habitable ones. It's those habitats I want to make new humans for.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #927 on: November 09, 2014, 10:37:36 pm »

$$$Response
Prices are based on 300 individuals
For only the most hospitable moon: High 2-3E
For the most hospitable 3 moons: High 4-5E
For the most hospitable 7 moons: High 6-7E
For any of the moons: High 8-9E

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2014, 12:48:58 am »

I actually have a question about the war minigame. Can it be kind of separate from canon? What I mean is that, canonically, the Empire of Mankind is supposed to be enclosed by two massive walls and isn't supposed to be fractured like in the war map. So what I'm saying is that we can use the war minigame to tell how well the war is going and who wins and what-not, but it should just be a kind of representation of what's actually going on. Like a minigame.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #929 on: November 10, 2014, 12:57:32 am »

I'm not sure about the scope of what you mean, but there's a consequences page detailing what results enter the main canon and what results are isolated to the war.

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 350