Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437776 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [15/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #840 on: November 06, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »

If you do not define it, GM will  define it for you. And it may just so happen due to an unfortunate dice roll that their powers manifest in their entirety as ability to make Vacuum light shade of orange colored.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 06, 2014, 01:42:53 pm »

The GM did define it:

(stuff gods do on a smaller scale because their puny mortal souls would burn out)

It is in the OP of this thread. And we have at least tested it, they have been capable of flying and throwing shiny stuff, and it is hinted at that their affinity with magic allows them to make several exotic goods.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #842 on: November 06, 2014, 11:41:54 pm »

Cosmic magic has a high chance of burning out mortals for anything costing over 1E. Things that affect the plot more tend to cost more, so creating a new race has a high chance of burning a majority of even a crowd of casters out.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 07, 2014, 01:41:53 am »

I'm writing up the 3rd edition of the Bestiary. What's an Irrlicht?

In other news, I've finally nailed down the difference in power between a Paladin, an angel, and a warrior angel and an angel. All headcanon of course. Here's some pictures to provide a good comparison:
Spoiler: Paladin Level of Power (click to show/hide)
Warrior angel on the left, generic on the right Generic angel on the left
I just remembered that a generic angel would kill a Humanos Grande easily, so they get upgraded from hero to hero-killer, headcanonically. Besides, the guy on the left looks more like an angel than the guy on the right (cape instead of wings, anyone?)

$$$
Price check on making 2 angels
Price check on making 2 warrior angels
Price check on prototyping 300 Paladins (the current ones are merely unaging, combat-enhanced, Yaos-devoted humans. I want to make a proper, reproducing race)
Price check on propagating 300 Paladins
Price check on making (propagating, since they already exist) 300 Humans
Price check on making half a million Humans

EDIT: If I could get the species names on the Colourflies* and the Cactus Men*, that would be great.

EDIT2: Some archive-dumping led to me getting info on the Irrlicht. They've been added to the Bestiary.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 06:29:59 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 07, 2014, 04:55:50 pm »

They might be burrowers beneath, I remember seeing the idea in a movie or a series or something like that. They were not created inteligent, so I immagine that they will just pass eachother by. Alternatively,they both will change direction away from the lands that have been harvested allready.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 07, 2014, 05:52:45 pm »

Also, create 300 massive worm like creatures that would tunnel through earth or sand, leaving tunnels in their wake. They would feed upon metal ores and excrete pure metals.[/b][/color]
(They seem rather similar to the Burrowers Beneath. I wonder how they'll react to one another.)
They might be burrowers beneath, I remember seeing the idea in a movie or a series or something like that. They were not created inteligent, so I immagine that they will just pass eachother by. Alternatively,they both will change direction away from the lands that have been harvested allready.
They probably won't even run into each other. If these Giant Earthworms are high enough to be digging through sand, they're a lot higher then where the Burrowers Beneath dig. The Burrowers Beneath are basically the reason the worlds have the traditional giant deep underground cave network, and they go deep enough they're at risk of sudden lava exposure sometimes.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 07, 2014, 07:55:23 pm »

I noticed a problem with the map. The little coordinate marker doesn't show up where I click. It shows up significantly above wherever I click my mouse. For example, if I click on the Gruen Capital, it shows up a bit East of the size 2 human town (33).

Edit: Also several cities are listed as belonging to the Light but appear to belong to other races. (52) for example shows up on my Map as looking like it's Gruen owned but it's listed as Light owned. I actually don't seem to be able to distinguish any actual Luminee towns on the map by visual appearance.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:13:09 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 07, 2014, 08:01:23 pm »

Huh. Mountwyrms have the second highest move, with the Sorae and Hummingbirds tied for first place.

By the way, is it intentional that I have only one shiny one (angel) available to me? Or do they all count as one unit or something?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:08:41 pm by Vgray »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 07, 2014, 08:31:27 pm »

Why does Ranged, Pole, and Close cost different amount of points when all they do is provide bonuses against each other? If they provided bonuses to Att, Def, etc. then it would be justified but at the moment there's no point in going into battle with anything except a combo of Ranged and Pole to minimise expense. You kinda forgot the Angel-Emperor as well. I'll send you a PM with the unbalances I found with some of the Special Units.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #849 on: November 07, 2014, 08:53:40 pm »

Andres: I'll get around to the price checks, but there will be no new (i.e. undeclared/uncreated before T27) special units

Vgray: I've replicated the problem in Chrome (which I think has a similar engine to IE). I'll see what I can do about it.

Andres: I think the justification was that it takes more time and money to train effective swordsmen and make good swords or something like that than spearmen and spears, who could be lifted from the local populace with less effort.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 07, 2014, 09:33:13 pm »

Andres: I'll get around to the price checks, but there will be no new (i.e. undeclared/uncreated before T27) special units
I'd actually declared him a while ago in this thread. It probably got lost.

Andres: I think the justification was that it takes more time and money to train effective swordsmen and make good swords or something like that than spearmen and spears, who could be lifted from the local populace with less effort.
It makes sense but it leaves the game unbalanced. Going by your system would mean that there would probably have to be a Trainingspace or something. I'm just imagining that these units fight like they're in an RTS.

EDIT: City 52 is marked as a Gruen capital rather than the Luminee capital which it's supposed to be. It's a good thing I kept a bookmark for the old map.

EDIT2: City 33 is also supposed to be a Luminee city rather than a Human one. City 43 is supposed to be a Luminee city (I'm sensing a pattern here) but instead it's a Night Elf city......wait a minute. There are no Luminee cities in the new map at all! Something's gone wrong.

What's the click position supposed to be for?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 10:35:04 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #851 on: November 07, 2014, 10:43:26 pm »

The Angel-Emperor will be statted and added after the rest of the little rebalance tweaks.

The issue causing Luminee cities not to appear at all has been fixed. Apparently, I used "The Light" and "Light" in different spots, some of which depended on others.
A security issue has been fixed.

The reticle is for more precise targeting of units (which I will probably have to create basic sprites for) and 3TAs. After you click somewhere, the coordinates get placed near the commands input area.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #852 on: November 07, 2014, 11:21:05 pm »

Name:Kujin
Sphere:Martial Arts & Self-Defense
Primary form/associated symbol: His sphere is floating ball chi, with an opened handed palm forming it. His primary form is him in his max power, sparks and chi emanating from him. Spike bridge out his back to his head menacingly, he also very buffed up for his primary form.
Description/Background: He is a very lean and athletic Snake Person. He wears a reddish and green gi and a hand-band with his symbol on it. He is born from the discussions of the gods looking for ways to combat the Eldritch creatures. To do this, Kujin will teach the mortals the way of ki and physical martial arts.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:37:24 pm by Lidku »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 07, 2014, 11:24:30 pm »

Screw the Ersatz rule. I'm making Saiyans with this guy.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #854 on: November 07, 2014, 11:25:40 pm »

Yeeha!
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 350