Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435885 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [15/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #750 on: November 02, 2014, 05:10:30 pm »

As for anyone having trouble clasifying gruen, they are basicly Warhammer 40k orks.
Unintentional but after looking them up, I'd agree there are certainly many similarities. So much for my great idea.
I guess the main difference is that the Gruen are more about eating than fighting but yeah, pretty similar biologically.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 02, 2014, 05:19:56 pm »

Orknids (Orkhammer is hillarious)
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 02, 2014, 05:28:20 pm »

As for anyone having trouble clasifying gruen, they are basicly Warhammer 40k orks.
Unintentional but after looking them up, I'd agree there are certainly many similarities. So much for my great idea.
I guess the main difference is that the Gruen are more about eating than fighting but yeah, pretty similar biologically.
I don't know much about 40K, but did I just declare war on a race of super soldiers? WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME I DECLARED WAR ON A RACE OF SUPER SOLDIERS!?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 02, 2014, 05:30:52 pm »

What exactly did you think the gruen were?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 02, 2014, 05:32:05 pm »

Plant dogs things, about 3/4 the size of a human.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 02, 2014, 05:33:29 pm »

I always pictured them like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

'cept a little more humanoid. With arms and stuff.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 02, 2014, 05:37:20 pm »

Yeah, that's what I meant by plant-like. Aside from being dog-like I also expected them to be a bit humanoid - bipedal but hunched over.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 02, 2014, 05:40:46 pm »

Yeah, that's what I meant by plant-like. Aside from being dog-like I also expected them to be a bit humanoid - bipedal but hunched over.

...Have you ever seen a dog? Because nothing you are describing sounds "Dog-Like" to me.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 02, 2014, 06:02:39 pm »

I guess you have a poi- wait, what about werewolves? They're dog-like, yet humanoid and hunched over. Ok, to me, the Gruen look like 3/4 human-size plant werewolf things. Maybe. I'm not that great with descriptions.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: November 02, 2014, 06:03:38 pm »

I don't know much about 40K, but did I just declare war on a race of super soldiers? WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME I DECLARED WAR ON A RACE OF SUPER SOLDIERS!?

I thought it was apparent. Plant/Fungal/Animal hybrids that are capable of surviving and prospering in almost any environment, capable of hunting and eating just about anything from some of the most powerful and intelligent species to just metal, rocks, dirt and even toxic chemicals if they want, capable of further evolving from what they eat both to survive even better in new environments and to become more biologically fit and capable predators. Their method of reproducing from spores directly into fully functioning albeit initially smaller adults at a fast rate also means even if you kill all of them, more will probably sprout up later in any territories they previously lived in unless you use complete scorched earth tactics. Also they never stop growing and don't die from old age if they eat "a lot" so theoretically some should be pretty scary by now.

Honestly though it's not a big deal. The GM specifically said he wanted to make a balanced war game and not just use in game abstractions for the conflict. If a balanced war game hadn't been his priority, you might have needed to be more worried but angels and other special human classes you've created would have balanced it out anyway in all likelihood.

Looking at the Orks, I kind of pictured them like that but with more rough skin, more mutated and plant like a bit and significantly more diverse because of their rapid evolutionary abilities. Also unlike Orks, Gruen are motivated mostly by food not fighting so they're generally a bit less aggressive although still more so than most other races. The other difference I can come up with is Gruen Society and Infrastructure is based more biologically. Their tools, weapons, clothing, buildings, etc are mostly made from different strains of Gruen tissue which makes sense when Gruen can become almost metallic in nature from certain diets and take on other pertinent attributes from other diets. So more "growing" stuff and less "building/forging" stuff.

At least that's how I envisioned it. Maybe more clarification IC is needed.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 02, 2014, 06:11:13 pm »

$$$

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:45:12 pm by Ama »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 02, 2014, 06:36:16 pm »

-snip-
Here's what I knew about Orks before that post: they look like orcs, they're super soldiers, they are very stupid, MORE DAKKA. That's it.

So now I have to choose between creating Zephemural + Telialas and making the Paladins into a full race. Then again, I've already prototyped the Saeva, so maybe I'll just propagate them. Is Fusil willing to help make the swords? They'll have a massive influence in the war once they're made so he may be inclined to help. It's either that or zombies, and zombies isn't part of his sphere.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:38:15 pm by Andres »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 02, 2014, 06:43:25 pm »

Misunderstanding I think. I meant I thought it was apparent that the Gruen were a borderline super soldier race not that they had a surprising amount in common with Orks.

I didn't make the latter connection until just now myself.

Again, don't worry about it. The GM already balanced the war game in such a way that the majority of the Gruen's biological advantages are irrelevant.
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 02, 2014, 07:27:28 pm »

Regarding Gem Dragons: I'm pretty sure they were at least interpreted correctly as dragons made of gems. Which interpretation would you prefer?

Oh. I got confused the second mates were mentioned. So, the first time I ever interacted with Alprozem.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #764 on: November 02, 2014, 09:53:55 pm »

Am I that far gone already?
(I'm feeling a bit better today...)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 350