Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435745 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #570 on: October 26, 2014, 02:19:21 am »

to have a British accent and disposition.

What is a "British Disposition"?
Shoulda said posh British disposition. Walter C. Dornez from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged is a good example.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 26, 2014, 02:21:45 am »

Wait, is that you playing along, or did I actually give you an idea?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 26, 2014, 02:38:45 am »

Both.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #573 on: October 26, 2014, 02:42:14 am »

Plausible: For this game, plausible is more like "plot-sible" than "physically plausible." Even with 25 Essence, you will not be allowed to do something like making a black hole out of the mass of 25E's worth of humans. As usual, I reserve final judgment on what is and is not plausible.

The only thing I took from 40k was the God-Emperor and I never had enough Essence to enact my Space Marine plan. Is it ok if I do that despite the Captain Ersatz rule? Undying warriors seems like a ubiquitous enough concept that I can take it but I just want to make sure so I'm not breaking any rules. It'll only apply to 100 humans by the way. I'm not making an entirely different race.
Green-light, I guess. I also don't see any problem with you splitting your (sg.) potential influence with Khaziraad

When are we getting passcodes for the website? When will the war stuff properly begin? What happened to the colonies I set up earlier? I don't see them on the map. Can the map even be updated that way?
The passphrases have now been distributed. The war stuff will properly begin after I finish drawing the maps and make sure all players wanting to do war stuff have access to the site. The colonies do not appear because I really am not in the mood for spending a few hours changing a dozen maps. In the future, once I have better experience with the HTML5 canvas, it will be possible and easy to do interesting things like illustrating all of Keshan or all of Slytha and colonization. Until then, we will have to make do with the limited, time-consuming, and less complex manual methods. Also, making new colonies would require a rebalance for the other players, and I already had balance-related justifications for most of the existing placements.

Does the worship of an unaligned sapient mean more than the worship of a sapient of someone who's aligned to you? What if an aligned sapient worships you, but they're naturally aligned to another god? Does the worship mean more or less?
It's equivalent unless one of them has a factor such as vastly different lifespan or vastly different ability. Free will allows sapients to choose to worship any of or even none of the gods but does not stop you from smiting them for disagreeing.

Do I get a bonus to actions if I detail well (fluff)? Or would simply writing of a description of what I want be better? Just asking so I know if I should make any future speeches like I did with the Angel-Emperor.
The main benefit from writing fluff is that I actually end up knowing what you're talking about so we don't end up with a situation where, for example, someone makes a race of talking fruit which the person assumes I know are tomatoes and which I assume are belladonna berries. Good, plausible, and creatively made (note that I didn't say written) fluff does tend to have indirect, situational benefits.

$$$
Price check on performing INCEPTION
Price check on two swords (described later) when made by Fusil
Price check on two swords (described later) when made by Fusil and helped by Yaos
$$$Response
Depends on the significance of the action. Making someone's favorite food not be jelly rolls will be cheap (0-1), but convincing them to convert will be expensive (2+)
Two swords by Fusil: Low 6-7
Two swords by Fusil with help from Yaos: Low 6-7 (Low 3-4)

Nice fluff and explanation, by the way. It doesn't actually have to be that long, but I appreciate the effort you placed into them.

((His first case is against the Gem Dragons, but I don't know what other cases he'll have afterwards because he'll primarily worship you. I just made sure to set up his first case as one that benefits me. :P))
So, um, about this little case. Could I point out the small fact that, as far as I know, the Gem Dragons don't have any overriding authority telling them what to do? They're all individuals, with like mated pairs/families being the largest clumps.

So any attempt to get repayment from them is going to involve trekking out to lots and lots of individual lairs and then trying to get said individual dragons of greed to take you seriously, admit that they stole anything from you, admit that they didn't do what was on their half of the deal when no details for what they were supposed to do was really given, and then give stuff back from their horde to... well, not the guy doing the talking, but humans in general.

...For some reason I see the chance of success as 'very limited'.
Dude. You're right. No ordinary lawyer could possibly do that. But you forget that this is no ordinary lawyer. THIS IS THE ARCH-LAWYER OF MANKIND, FIRST LAWYER IN ALL THE UNIVERSE, PROTECTORATE OF THE THIRD ANGEL OF YAOS, BLESSED BY CIM THE LAWGIVER. HE WILL FIND A WAY. So long as I make sure not to write any fluff... He is also a young gentleman which I just now realised is something you could probably describe Phoenix Wright as being as. I was not thinking of Phoenix Wright when I was coming up with him. I was thinking of a British guy narrating everything.

@Kilojoule Proton: The private map is too small. I had to open the public map to read the city numbers. How far can a unit move on the map with, for example, 10 Move? How many soldiers do we have? I'm guessing that stats for beings like angels and Humanos will come later, since there's an empty slot for 'Special Units'. I am also referred to as 'Yaos, god of Ambition, creator of the new humans'. I didn't create the first humans. Azem did. A bunch of other gods then created more humans before I did. 'manifestation of the new humans' would be more accurate.
The war stuff is not finished. When it is finished and beginning to be rolled out, there will be a huge announcement. Hopefully, you will still be in the mood for a fight. I will post large versions of the map when I get around to it. Also, it seemed unfitting to just set your $race = ""; (-> "creator of the ") or $hasrace = 0;. If it really bugs you, I guess I can just set your $hasrace = 0. Most of the site is generated from data files so that I only have to write the player page once for all players. I will notify everyone involved when buying units is possible.

There is still the issue of the host not being stable with certain ISPs. I wonder if the ISPs had bad experiences with email spammers using the free hosting or something and decided to block it as they tend to do.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 26, 2014, 03:51:02 am »

Clarify one thing for me Andres, was Alprozem one of the Gem Dragons given shinies?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 26, 2014, 04:22:55 am »

-snip-
It's difficult to come up with decent combat mechanics and it takes a very long time. I would know. Take as much time as you need. We're patient.

Nice fluff and explanation, by the way. It doesn't actually have to be that long, but I appreciate the effort you placed into them.
Thanks for the compliment. :) When I make unique things of my own design, I put in as much detail as I deem necessary. It's a matter of pride! 8)

Clarify one thing for me Andres, was Alprozem one of the Gem Dragons given shinies?
Unlikely. A call was made to Gem Dragons to come to the Empire and take shinies to join the army. All Gem Dragons who took the offer grabbed the shinies then left. Alprozem would probably be too busy doing prophet stuff to go to human lands and rip them off.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 26, 2014, 04:34:27 am »

Good point. Then again, what kind of Gem Dragon would he be if he didn't? Not that he lacks for shinies these days.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 26, 2014, 11:59:12 am »

Create a trumpet of light. Play the trumpet to be heard in every Light follower's heart.
Already calling for the Apocalypse? We don't even officially have a Horseman of Pestilence nor Conquest yet.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 26, 2014, 03:21:26 pm »

Create a trumpet of light. Play the trumpet to be heard in every Light follower's heart.
We don't even officially have a Horseman of Pestilence nor Conquest yet.
*Ahem* Angel-Emperor of Mankind, anyone?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:51:50 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #579 on: October 26, 2014, 03:47:35 pm »

We still don't have a bunch of unique, godinalized horse-like creatures, though.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 26, 2014, 03:50:34 pm »

We still don't have a bunch of unique, godinalized horse-like creatures, though.

No but we *do* have dragons, which are almost the same but much cooler.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #581 on: October 26, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »

Point.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 26, 2014, 05:25:15 pm »

$$$
Price check on a pair of combat-enhanced, fusion-capable, ENHANCED archangels.
Price check on the Saeva. I'd put the full description here but I don't want people to discover their vulnerabilities just yet. ;)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 26, 2014, 08:05:41 pm »

I don't know how much actual power Alprozem has, but I tend to see him as the unofficial leader of Mountwyrm and Gem Dragonkind on Keshan.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #584 on: October 26, 2014, 08:09:22 pm »

$$$
Price check on a pair of combat-enhanced, fusion-capable, ENHANCED archangels.
Price check on the Saeva. I'd put the full description here but I don't want people to discover their vulnerabilities just yet. ;)
$$$Response
7-10 Essence

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 350