Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435859 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #465 on: October 24, 2014, 01:09:55 am »

Huh. Not really. GOG works fine. So does Rock, Paper, Shotgun. *Scratches head*

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #466 on: October 24, 2014, 01:15:24 am »

Must be the cheapness of the free web hosting striking. Just send a PM if you need the information or an updated map manually.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 24, 2014, 01:19:57 am »

On a more positive note, the large version that Stirk posted works now.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #468 on: October 24, 2014, 01:27:27 am »

That's good, then. I think it's the hosting company that's causing so much trouble. I'll be sure to get a known reliable image host with decent access control.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 24, 2014, 01:38:43 am »

The Mountwyrms are the large cluster north and a bit east of the Gruen right?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #470 on: October 24, 2014, 01:43:35 am »

Yes.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 24, 2014, 01:48:35 am »

Fantastic. That means there are Mountwyrm settlements squashed in between humans.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 24, 2014, 06:27:15 am »

I would just like to state here that Humanos Grande make excellent pack mules. Carrying is a thing that they can do, they can carry loads that even an elephant might chafe under, and they're much faster than most other pack animals - which includes some horses, and they require sunlight as their only energy source. I would also like to mention that I have 1,000 of them and they're 15 metres tall.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 24, 2014, 07:12:57 am »

Should we be concerned for the wellbeing of our GM?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 24, 2014, 07:16:51 am »

I'm going to say yes. We should be concerned. I blame this squarely on gman because he provoked the war and thus the war mechanics.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 24, 2014, 09:36:22 am »

I'm going to say yes. We should be concerned. I blame this squarely on gman because he provoked the war and thus the war mechanics.
I sincerely hope that was an IC exclamation and not actually OOC because if that was OOC, we may end up losing the entire game to a flame war soon.

Let's not argue OOC. I'm trying to have a fun game IC and I was under the impression IC wars were part of the game. Should it turn out to be too much work for the GM where he no longer enjoys it, I am happy to end the war between us for the sake of him and the game's continuation. Besides, if it wasn't a war between us, it would soon be a war between Fusil and Cim if things end up going where they appear to. Honestly, their IC arguments seem more heated than ours and even they restrain themselves from OOC jabs, so I'm hoping that was a joke. I'd prefer good natured and friendly relations between us OOC where we might even end up participating in other forum games together at some point as friends or allies.

Thanks again for the map Kilojoule. I appreciate all the hard work you put into this game and I think we all gain more enjoyment out of it because of your dedication to running it. Most games I play usually die about now so please keep us updated on if any of our actions create too much of a workload for you. I'm not trying to be repetive about asking how things are going, I know you said you enjoy it but I've been in a few games where it quickly became too much work for the GM and he dropped it because of that and players being too pushy about updates. Admittedly I even ran a game myself a while back that fell victim to the same thing, which is partly where my concern stems from. I made the mechanics a bit too complex but with a few bugs and it took me hours to try tweaking them to make it work in the way I wanted it to. The players didn't see all the behind the scenes stuff and just kept complaining about the bugs and updates they felt weren't frequent enough (seriously I posted once or twice every week so I really do appreciate the frequency of your updates). Eventually all that just drove me to drop it because I felt tired of sacrificing my time and just being complained at for it when back then I was very busy with RL and had little free time to work on it in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 09:53:10 am by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 24, 2014, 10:32:59 am »

That map look kinda epic though
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #477 on: October 24, 2014, 10:54:46 am »

It's not too much work and I don't feel drained so don't worry too much about that but I'm very worried about separation of player from character at this point. When you (pl.) make remarks in OOC form, they should be to clarify in a manner detached from your character's current attitude. They should most definitely not show signs of you (pl.) having those attitudes yourself. If you're having trouble with this, I may be able to arrange for a more experienced RPer to mentor you a bit about keeping the two separate or try to do so myself. Remember that there really isn't any explicit grand victory condition here and that there are losing conditions.

I'll continue updating with at least a major update a day and things should get a bit smoother once the mechanics for the war stuff get rolled out. It actually took me half a week to prepare for tick 0, and it still has some significant issues, so don't be too alarmed that it's taking more than a day or two to complete. Just so we have something to work with soon, the system will likely be very simple and un-detailed.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 24, 2014, 02:09:13 pm »

If you're having trouble separating IC and OOC, feel free to message me for tips. I've played a lot of Space Station 13, so you could call me experienced in the matter; "IC IN OOC BAN HE" and "MUH IMMURSHON" indeed.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 24, 2014, 02:54:10 pm »

What exactly does it mean that the blocks do not attach reversibly? I'm not a native english user, so the meanings sometimes escape me.

The map (and site) looked realy impresive. Shows legit dedication of GM to the game.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:56:35 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 350