Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435871 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2014, 09:38:00 pm »

Tykki is the Angel of Arms partially because she is made out of weapons. It is also because she is the weapon of the God of Weapons. And because of alliteration. It is simply an awesome name like "Angel-Emperor of Mankind". Tykki is attuned with weapons, as her powers are enhanced in creation, and is created by the weapon god giving her skill with weapons. I think.

To your second point, doesn't that mean if the "Angel of Weapons" and the "Angel of Man" fought, the weapon angel would win?
All right this is all good. Yes, in that instance the Angel of Weapons will most definitely beat the Angel of Man. An Angel of Weapons and an Angel of Armour would probably end up in a stalemate. If the AoM and the AoA were to team up though, they could... wait......... Oh. My. Us... FUSION!

Is Fusion-Capable a possible (and very expensive) angel trait? Maybe limited to compatible angels (angel of darkness and angel of light can't fuse, for example)? Maybe only possible between two fusion-capable angels? Seriously, this could even be a cooler trait than the Final Form ability! An angel of dance or earrings could get this trait at a discount of course...

$$$
Price check on Fusion-Capable angel trait

EDIT: I really need to stop derailing this thread... :-[
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 09:40:46 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:14 pm »

-snip-
$$$ How much would it cost to visit the planet myself? To spread the glory of my name and knowlage alongside Tykki.
0 for visiting in god-form (spirit), 1 for visiting in corporeal non-primary, non-aligned form (e.g. Azem appearing as a massive jelly roll instead of as a Mountwyrm or a gold coin).

Here are the restrictions for free god-form manifestation:
  • The form must be aligned in some way (which you may argue for borderline cases) or be your primary form
  • You cannot do anything the thing you are transformed as would not otherwise do without a minor action (1 Essence) (e.g. A god transformed into an anthropomorphic paperclip begins talking and projecting headaches to anyone seeing it: Cost: 0; A god transformed into an anthropomorphic paperclip offering helpful advice to onlookers: Cost: 1)[/i]

That answers most of my questions. I think and I really hope this is the last found of questions I'll need to ask. It's a big one. My apologies for inconveniencing you so heavily. :-[
    Apologies accepted.
    Spoiler: Tykki Questions (click to show/hide)
    Advanced jumper is deprecated and was intended to allow intradimensional directed teleportation. The "messenger angel" prebuilt is a basic angel given this ability. Basic angels cannot perform directed teleports, but they will likely appear in plot-relevant locations.

$$$
    Price check on angel sapience
    Comes with template
    Price check on angel invulnerability
    About 1
    Price check on angel immortality
    Comes with template
    Price check on angel 'jumper' ability
    About 2
    Price check on angel 'advanced jumper' ability. (How is this different from the 'jumper' ability?)
    Deprecated, see note above
    Price check on angel 'enhanced combat' trait
    About 5 +- 2 or so
    Price check on 'ENHANCED' angel trait. (What is ENHANCED anyway?)
    See enhanced
    Price check on all of the above when given to a unique angel
    Double the additive cost
    Price check on 'unique' angel trait
    About 8 from template
    Price check for *takes deep breath* a Sentient, Immortal, Enhanced Combat, ENHANCED, Unique Angel-Emperor of Mankind with Universal attunement?
    15 or thereabouts (+-2)
    Price check for Sentient, Enhanced Combat, ENHANCED, Unique Angel with Musical attunement?
    18 +- 1

Quote from: Kilojoule Proton
    $$$
    I want an incarnation of myself that can
    1 change it appearance at will
    2 perform minor miracle
    3 under my direct control
    4 immortal and unique.
    Will that be corporeal or spirit? (If you're just making deals with mortals, spirit will be enough and get you a discount)
    I would rather have a corporeal avartar or a spirit avartar that exist in the physical world.
    Spirit: 0 if primary form, 1 if not primary and not aligned (You can make deals, talk to mortals, tell them to do stuff or else (but they can choose to ignore it), perform miracles, and stuff)

Tykki is the Angel of Arms partially because she is made out of weapons. It is also because she is the weapon of the God of Weapons. And because of alliteration. It is simply an awesome name like "Angel-Emperor of Mankind". Tykki is attuned with weapons, as her powers are enhanced in creation, and is created by the weapon god giving her skill with weapons. I think.

To your second point, doesn't that mean if the "Angel of Weapons" and the "Angel of Man" fought, the weapon angel would win?
    All right this is all good. Yes, in that instance the Angel of Weapons will most definitely beat the Angel of Man. An Angel of Weapons and an Angel of Armour would probably end up in a stalemate. If the AoM and the AoA were to team up though, they could... wait......... Oh. My. Us... FUSION!

Is Fusion-Capable a possible (and very expensive) angel trait? Maybe limited to compatible angels (angel of darkness and angel of light can't fuse, for example)? Maybe only possible between two fusion-capable angels? Seriously, this could even be a cooler trait than the Final Form ability! An angel of dance or earrings could get this trait at a discount of course...

$$$
    Price check on Fusion-Capable angel trait

EDIT: I really need to stop derailing this thread... :-[
    Fusion-capable, I think, has a cost that depends on the situation. Random fusion of two consenting beings will cost High 2-3. For non-consenting beings, it depends. Also, what you are doing is not necessarily derailing the thread, but your time would probably be better spent developing backstory and worldbuildy stuff with the other players.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2014, 09:52:57 pm »

0 for visiting in god-form (spirit), 1 for visiting in corporeal non-primary, non-aligned form (e.g. Azem appearing as a massive jelly roll instead of as a Mountwyrm or a gold coin).

The form must be aligned in some way (which you may argue for borderline cases) or be your primary form
    You cannot do anything the thing you are transformed as would not otherwise do without a minor action (1 Essence) (e.g. A god transformed into an anthropomorphic paperclip begins talking and projecting headaches to anyone seeing it: Cost: 0; A god transformed into an anthropomorphic paperclip offering helpful advice to onlookers: Cost: 1)[/i]

$$$ I was thinking more of going in as a humanoid (Maybe a weapons body like Tykki). How much would that cost?

About 1

I thought it was a lot more expensive than that. Can I upgrade?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2014, 10:10:31 pm »

$$$Response

The form must be aligned in some way (which you may argue for borderline cases) or be your primary form
    You cannot do anything the thing you are transformed as would not otherwise do without a minor action (1 Essence) (e.g. A god transformed into an anthropomorphic paperclip begins talking and projecting headaches to anyone seeing it: Cost: 0; A god transformed into an anthropomorphic paperclip offering helpful advice to onlookers: Cost: 1)[/i]

$$$ I was thinking more of going in as a humanoid (Maybe a weapons body like Tykki). How much would that cost?

About 1

Re incarnation: 1 Essence

Re invulnerability: After a re-check, it's +2 for the angel template (4) and High 2-3 for something as naturally invulnerable and expensive as Tykki (7). Still want to upgrade?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2014, 10:13:50 pm »

Re invulnerability: After a re-check, it's +2 for the angel template (4) and High 2-3 for something as naturally invulnerable and expensive as Tykki (7). Still want to upgrade?

Heck yes! If worse comes to worse, I will be the first god to die, which is a victory in itself.

(8-1-3=4. 4=death. Lucky for the weapons god! Ehh. Humans are coming in soon, and I should be able to convert enough with me and Tykki running around that I won't starve. We don't have any huge creations on the floor at the moment anyway.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2014, 10:19:34 pm »

Price check for *takes deep breath* a Sentient, Immortal, Enhanced Combat, ENHANCED, Unique Angel-Emperor of Mankind with Universal attunement?
15 or thereabouts (+-2)
Price check for Sentient, Enhanced Combat, ENHANCED, Unique Angel with Musical attunement?
18 +- 1
Why does Aminak cost more than the Emperor? Assuming that I sell Aminak's immortality, he should actually be cheaper than the Emperor. Musical and Universal Attunement have the same cost right?

Price check on 'ENHANCED' angel trait. (What is ENHANCED anyway?)
See enhanced
I'm seeing enhanced. It says "See enhanced".

Price check on angel 'jumper' ability
About 2
Price check on angel 'enhanced combat' trait
About 5 +- 2 or so
Price check on all of the above when given to a unique angel
Double the additive cost
Price check on 'unique' angel trait
About 8 from template
So we have a base of 8. Then we get 2*2+2*3+8 and we have a minimum Essence cost of 4+6+8=18 Essence. At maximum it'll be 2*2+2*7+8=4+14+8=26. Tykki should've cost 18 - 26 Essence - not 7. I'm missing something here.

Also, what you are doing is not necessarily derailing the thread, but your time would probably be better spent developing backstory and worldbuildy stuff with the other players.
I'm literally a floating baby in space, unable to communicate or exert any amount of power and until I'm awakened nobody even knows I exist. That limits my potential for worldbuildy stuff. My backstory is more or less the same size as some other gods.

$$$
Price check on angel ability Equivalent Mass Shapeshifting
Price check on angel ability Invisibility

Indeed. I'd always thought that the inability to be damaged in any way would've been rather expensive. Is it possible to upgrade an angel?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2014, 10:30:10 pm »

Why does Aminak cost more than the Emperor? Assuming that I sell Aminak's immortality, he should actually be cheaper than the Emperor. Musical and Universal Attunement have the same cost right?
Because music attunement is more expensive than universal attunement for this minimal pair of sorts.

I'm seeing enhanced. It says "See enhanced".
It is a significant boost to everything and anything as the plot demands.

So we have a base of 8. Then we get 2*2+2*3+8 and we have a minimum Essence cost of 4+6+8=18 Essence. At maximum it'll be 2*2+2*7+8=4+14+8=26. Tykki should've cost 18 - 26 Essence - not 7. I'm missing something here.
I decided to set angels to a flat cost of 4 with certain features everyone should have been satisfied with because these repetitive price checks are rather inefficient. Also, Essence almost always scales logarithmically with quality/quantity.

I'm literally a floating baby in space, unable to communicate or exert any amount of power and until I'm awakened nobody even knows I exist. That limits my potential for worldbuildy stuff. My backstory is more or less the same size as some other gods.
Fair enough.

$$$
Price check on angel ability Equivalent Mass Shapeshifting
Price check on angel ability Invisibility
1-2 Essence and 0 for non-interactive invisibility and 2 for interactive visibility.

Indeed. I'd always thought that the inability to be damaged in any way would've been rather expensive. Is it possible to upgrade an angel?
[/quote]As it is, uniqueness already covers most damage cases and even death. Is it necessary to have invulnerability when you have practical invincibility?

Semantics note: invulnerable => in+vulnera+able => in+vulneratum+abilis => not+wound+able
invincible => in+vinc+ible => in+victum+abilis => not+conquer+able

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2014, 10:46:32 pm »

Because music attunement is more expensive than universal attunement for this minimal pair of sorts.
Minimal pair of sorts? What? What does that mean?

I decided to set angels to a flat cost of 4 with certain features everyone should have been satisfied with because these repetitive price checks are rather inefficient. Also, Essence almost always scales logarithmically with quality/quantity.
So less price checks = bigger discounts? Ok.

I should probably mention that the two angels won't be on the same world. It would be very bad if they were.

As for world names, World A should be called 'Malik' and World B should be called 'Blishtar'.

EDIT: Alternatively 'Atem' for World A and 'Bakura' for World B.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:54:53 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #248 on: October 18, 2014, 12:42:23 am »

I probably shouldn't cross-study so much; my major is not even close to linguistics, but minimal pairs are basically pairs of things that have exactly one difference.

I meant that the time spent doing price checks would be better spent writing out fluff and expanding actions and continuing the behind-the-scenes godmanaging I do.

I should probably mention that the two angels won't be on the same world. It would be very bad if they were.

As for world names, World A should be called 'Malik' and World B should be called 'Blishtar'.

Actually, I think something like this will be better off in the hands of the players (read: more entertaining). I release control over world names to the players.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 18, 2014, 01:05:09 am »

Anath too turns his hands to creating livestock, creating giant peaceful lizards that live beneath the surface of the earth, feasting on fungus, moss, and carrion, to serve both as mounts and food sources for his elven followers. These Cave Noxen will be quite useful for any species that lived within the earth.

But deeper beneath the earth Anath crafts another species, the Burrowers Beneath. These great centipede-worms are vast in length, and feast upon rock and soil, carving out tunnels beneath the earth. As the ages go past, and they dig their way through the earth, the tunnels they leave behind will be populated by other creatures... (Anath will also give the Burrowers Beneath one essence's worth of resistance to magic.)
These actions seem to have been missed.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 18, 2014, 01:07:47 am »

I think one on one adventure should be in pm as it cause alot of clutter in the thread
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 18, 2014, 01:08:55 am »

What condescending name do you call non-divine immortals? Just for future reference.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #252 on: October 18, 2014, 01:10:43 am »

Isn't mortals already condescending enough? I guess you could try prefixing it with "puny" or "pathetic" or "little." Anyone have better ideas?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 18, 2014, 01:14:34 am »

I probably shouldn't cross-study so much; my major is not even close to linguistics, but minimal pairs are basically pairs of things that have exactly one difference.
So if angels have only a small amount of differences, those differences increase in price exponentially? Would non-trait/abilities count as differences that would remove the penalty? Would simply having to unique angels with the same traits/abilities give them an equal price?

I meant that the time spent doing price checks would be better spent writing out fluff and expanding actions and continuing the behind-the-scenes godmanaging I do.
It all makes sense now...

Actually, I think something like this will be better off in the hands of the players (read: more entertaining). I release control over world names to the players.
I'm just going to say without sarcasm that this is a brilliant idea. :D

I reserve the right to make a third archangel for when a third world gets made. He will have the Psymental attunement and have the title 'Angel of Steves' - patron angel of everyone whose name is 'Steve'. His final form will be a giant golden metal chicken, will gain the Dimensional attunement, and gains the title 'Angel of Hugs'.

Isn't mortals already condescending enough? I guess you could try prefixing it with "puny" or "pathetic" or "little." Anyone have better ideas?
The unaging?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 18, 2014, 01:20:26 am »

What condescending name do you call non-divine immortals? Just for future reference.
'Servant', 'spawn', 'follower', 'child', and so on, with appropriate prefixes and/or suffixes depending on status. Considering immortals don't form naturally, there aren't exactly accurate English words for them, but most simple condescending names work. The aforementioned ones also work for mortals.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 350