Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437630 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [16/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #900 on: November 09, 2014, 01:38:44 am »

I doubt it will take too long if you don't make it too strange.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 09, 2014, 02:47:48 am »

(I remember saying when I actually made them that I ripped off pieces of the Spirit World to create them. They should be independent of the other planes.)
There seems to be a bit of confusion about god-planes. If you indeed ripped off pieces of the spirit dimension as you seem to claim, it would have been far more expensive and would have brought the automated Council enforcement down on you for damaging or destroying a piece of Council property. If you did not, they are not truly independent of other planes, as some restrictions exist to keep the common property from being damaged trivially.
*reads Council Rules*
No, it doesn't say anything about destroying council property. I'd check Anath's code of conduct but I'm not looking through over a hundred pages just for that. It also doesn't mention any punishments for breaking council rules. I made some proposals that would punish gods who broke the rules but all of them were shut down pretty quickly, so I'm guessing there is no punishment for breaking the rules by default because it's not mentioned anywhere.
But how much more expensive are we talking about?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #902 on: November 09, 2014, 02:57:06 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=144651.msg5734690;topicseen#msg5734690
it's like that to keep you all from griefing each other's property trivially and is mostly a matter of fiat. I assumed the average player would be courteous enough not to try damaging council-produced stuff, but I will make the restriction more explicit.

For your personal dimension:
3-4E to create a dimension to house planes
1-2E to link dimension to allow it to serve as an afterlife
1E per plane housed in the dimension

Total: 5-6E.

It is not possible to secure raw, unplaned spaces alone completely. Keep in mind that uniques will continue to have some protection and that superguns fired from there will continue to be easily traced. Also keep in mind that similar protections exist to prevent gods from publicly tearing off bits of your dimension.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 09, 2014, 03:21:19 am »

Isn't the spirit world infinite? What are the effects of subtracting from infinity? I understand the rule is there to stop gods griefing other gods but at the moment it's just serving to be a hindrance. Can I at least get a discount for ripping off a part of the spirit world if I get permission from the other gods to do so? Maybe the rule should also be placed under Council Rules to prevent a repeat of this incident in the future for new players.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #904 on: November 09, 2014, 03:34:55 am »

In this situation, it's almost like an infinite bubble You can paint on it and stuff, but nasty things happen if you puncture it. You may try proposing something like enforced territorial claims or something to restrict intervention/interference from individual gods, though. The Council together will still be able to interfere, but it takes much longer for the Council to interfere than an individual player.

It's been placed under the OP rules and the local T29.5. The problem with explicitly writing out all the implicit rules is that the list will quickly explode in size, increasing overhead greatly and potentially exerting a chilling effect on slight violations that actually reinforce the setting and would have otherwise been allowed.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 09, 2014, 03:47:13 am »

Aw fair enough just get rid of it then. It's not worth having it around if it's checking our fun. The bubble thing makes sense though.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 09, 2014, 07:29:29 pm »

$$$

How much would it cost to give the Armu the ability to fly through ether to new planets, such as the Gas Giants?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 09, 2014, 07:34:30 pm »

$$$
Price check on imprinting the knowledge of ninjas on a human and starting a clan of ninjas? I'm guessing it'll be a lot since I'm not the god of stealth, night, death, or assassins, but it should be possible so long as the ninjas are human.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:41:37 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #908 on: November 09, 2014, 07:37:40 pm »

The following players with races have not submitted probably complete orders for the war minigame.
Stirk/Fusil (Armu)
Vgray/Azem (Mountwyrm)
Happerry/Anath (Night elf)
Ambidextrous/Kli (Hummingbird)
Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum/Serac (Sorae)
Detoxicated/The Light (Luminee)

If you have no orders to submit, simply send "NOOP" either here or on the war site.

$$$Response
Armu IN SPACE: Probably 3-4E for a team of at most a few dozen and 5-7E for the entire race.

Clan of ninjas: 3-4E, but Conservation of Ninjutsu applies more literally in this situation, (so don't go teaching every last person to be a ninja)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 09, 2014, 07:46:42 pm »

I forgot to mention ninjas' abilities. They're not Naruto ninjas.
  • Very high agility
  • Very high stealth
  • Smoke bombs
  • Disguise
  • Other non-super human abilities that (fictional) ninjas have that I forgot about
  • Combat ability less than a Paladin's but greater than the average soldier's. Assassin's Creed level, basically.

Clan of ninjas: 3-4E, but Conservation of Ninjutsu applies more literally in this situation, (so don't go teaching every last person to be a ninja)
I wouldn't have it any other way.

$$$Response
Armu IN SPACE: Probably 3-4E for a team of at most a few dozen and 5-7E for the entire race.
5-7E to grant several million combat-enhanced sapient tentacle monsters with minor GOD powers the ability to withstand the rigors of open space without harm? Honestly, a case can be made both that that price is too much and too little.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #910 on: November 09, 2014, 07:54:48 pm »

It's a bit weird for the Armu considering their Cosmic attunement. However, attunement does not mean natural mage or anything like that. It just tends to select for more of the properly attuned doing well in magic. This is part of the reason for the wider price range.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 09, 2014, 07:56:28 pm »

I should probably at least train some troops, considering my position smack dab in the middle of the Gruen and Humans. If I can figure out how to do that...can I have an example order?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 09, 2014, 07:59:23 pm »

I should probably at least train some troops, considering my position smack dab in the middle of the Gruen and Humans. If I can figure out how to do that...can I have an example order?
Here's what I use:
I create 3 Light Ranged units in City XX.

It's pretty simple. I doubt either of us would want to start a war just to pass through lands, though, so you likely have nothing to worry about.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 09, 2014, 08:05:29 pm »

It is true that I haven't signed any official godly documents yet.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #914 on: November 09, 2014, 08:19:31 pm »

Non-aggression pacts, open borders, and other detailed treaties are possible, so there's always that option. Regardless, here is an example order in a sample format with all the information required for an intelligible order:

Granary I at 55, Walls I at 23, 3xMounted rangers 53 and attack 70, Spy at 34 go to 71.

If the unit cannot get to its target, it will get as far as it normally can and resume on the next turn.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 350