Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 437566 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [15/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #795 on: November 04, 2014, 01:36:40 am »

After all, if we don't use the essence we lose it.
Nup. If you're at 20/20 Essence and you gain more, you start working towards increasing max Essence.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: November 04, 2014, 01:38:52 am »

Nup. If you're at 20/20 Essence and you gain more, you start working towards increasing max Essence.

If you are at 20/20, you gain 1 point.

If you are at 10, I gain like four points. There is no real reason just to sit on a pile right now.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #797 on: November 04, 2014, 01:41:16 am »

Obliterating anything larger than a city will require significant Essence because of the plot-relevance factor. With enough gods working on powering it, it can obliterate anything up to a planet. With even more gods working on it and investing a lot, it will be able to destroy a star, but anything larger would probably get prohibitively expensive without the Council discount.

$$$Response
Low 15-16E. (The extremely skilled part costs a lot)

Keep in mind that having Essence surplus builds Essence capacity. Also, new races will not be added as separate states for the war stuff.

My work has a fanwork already!? I am honored. :D

Even though you don't seem to want to complete the Oversoul project for now, I would say Setting 1 is the most viable. While it will have to wait before receiving any special blessing or anything like that from me, I really have no problem with it. However, my own participation in it and input on significant issues will have to be limited, restricted to viewing and delayed, or non-existent so as to prevent priming effects.

Setting 2 seems a bit difficult. Although I have a vague sense of what will happen in the future based on all your (pl.) actions, tendencies, personalities, character relations, playing style, and characters, I don't know when the things that will likely happen will happen. It also seems to be biased by your poor rapport with Fusil(/Stirk?), although I can't tell if that is IC or OOC. I'll let this IC-in-OOC incident slide, but do please try not to make it confusing.

Setting 3 will be difficult because you (pl.) have no access to a big picture view of the events (and rightfully so, I might add :P). It will be almost impossible to work out causality from the spin-off to here because so many hidden things will likely end up conflicting, perhaps even on day 1. I discourage but by no means prohibit this option, but I judge that it will be extremely difficult to execute.

In any case, I would like to make a soft request that you not use the Ye Gods name without an indication of being a spin-off for any of them at least initially. This is not binding, and I will not stop you, but there may be much confusion when I start the YG War thread if they are not clearly marked.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 04, 2014, 01:47:30 am »

Keep in mind that having Essence surplus builds Essence capacity. Also, new races will not be added as separate states for the war stuff.

I was planning on making them part of Armu society anyway, considering having an entire race of smiths is kind of a liability without the muscle to back them up. They would just live with the Armu, being the bullet to their pistol. Ill probably end up making it once I get a firm design down.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #799 on: November 04, 2014, 01:49:13 am »

OK, then.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 04, 2014, 02:00:37 am »

Even though you don't seem to want to complete the Oversoul project for now, I would say Setting 1 is the most viable. While it will have to wait before receiving any special blessing or anything like that from me, I really have no problem with it. However, my own participation in it and input on significant issues will have to be limited, restricted to viewing and delayed, or non-existent so as to prevent priming effects.

Setting 2 seems a bit difficult. Although I have a vague sense of what will happen in the future based on all your (pl.) actions, tendencies, personalities, character relations, playing style, and characters, I don't know when the things that will likely happen will happen. It also seems to be biased by your poor rapport with Fusil(/Stirk?), although I can't tell if that is IC or OOC. I'll let this IC-in-OOC incident slide, but do please try not to make it confusing.
Setting 2 would actually be quite a bit easier for me. With Setting 1 I'd have to take into account the actions of the gods who are currently quite active but in Setting 2 I can make it so that the world is pretty much stabilised and the gods took a great big vacation or something, leaving behind only the angels. Sorry about the IC-OOC incident. Kinda slipped up there a bit but I'll have it assured that I (OOC) don't have any problem with either Fusil or Stirk. It was just a bit of teasing which I forgot I shouldn't do. :-X

Setting 3 will be difficult because you (pl.) have no access to a big picture view of the events (and rightfully so, I might add :P).
It would be less difficult than you think due to my perspective of the big picture being equal to or greater than the players. It would still be rather hard though.

In any case, I would like to make a soft request that you not use the Ye Gods name without an indication of being a spin-off for any of them at least initially. This is not binding, and I will not stop you, but there may be much confusion when I start the YG War thread if they are not clearly marked.
Of course. I was planning to either have the game be titled something like [GAME NAME] - A Ye Gods Spinoff or just [GAME NAME] with the OP saying that it's a spinoff. I still haven't come up with a good name.....

$$$
Price check on making a huge statue that inspires Ambition in anyone who gazes upon it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #801 on: November 04, 2014, 02:27:12 am »

$$$Response
High 2-3E

I guess I don't have any significant problem with any of the settings. Just understand that whichever setting you choose, it will likely diverge from here regardless of how much work you put into making it parallel and that causality works in one direction, i.e. outward from here. (The practical effect of this is that you cannot get stuff in a spin-off and use it here although the reverse case is up to the spin-off's creator.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 04, 2014, 03:34:04 am »

I'm going to be away at my grandma's for about a day so I'll ask players to not involve me too heavily unless it can't be helped.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 04, 2014, 01:49:08 pm »

Buildings need to be built in each city seperatly I immagine?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #804 on: November 04, 2014, 02:13:59 pm »

Andres: OK

DreamerGhost: Yes, and your projects will be integrated as special buildings.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 05, 2014, 02:23:45 am »

I'm back. Sorry for delaying the war, gman. I hope it wasn't too annoying. In any case, let's get our genociding warring on!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #806 on: November 05, 2014, 07:44:00 am »

I have rolled out army movement rings for players with races which took a lot longer than expected, but at least map modifications will now take even less time than before and have even less chance for errors). I am going to sleep now and skipping T25.5 to prevent further instances of unplanned Half-Asleep Adventures.

If you have a race in the war minigame, you may begin sending buy orders for basic units and basic buildings at this point.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 05, 2014, 10:32:20 am »

Just so people know, I've been kinda sick over the past few days, so until I stop getting random bleg spells I'm probably going to be less active then I was.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 05, 2014, 03:32:41 pm »

So do we have any armies in our city or do we have to buy them? Is it possible to just buy everything we want in a city or would we have to buy them from the capital? What's the yellow ring? Will Gruen eating habits affect the war strategically or logistically or can I start rolling out Warg cavalry? Are we only allowed to use 3-Time Abilities three times during the whole war or do we have to wait three turns to use them again? If visiting Golem cities will kill off humans via radiation, why aren't other races like Gruen and Gremlins being affected? Do we start off with any units?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #809 on: November 05, 2014, 04:10:34 pm »

Armies in your cities: They are currently absent. You will have to buy them using your starting points. The prices of basic units are not likely to change significantly over the course of the war but may fluctuate by 1 or so.

You can buy up to your starting points at the moment in any city.

The colored rings represent your basic race's movement on-road and off-road. All of them are straight-line distance approximations, so the green road ring is actually larger than possible movement for all but the straightest of roads.
(I've also reuploaded the relevant pages with extra clarification)

Gruen eating habits should not be relevant in that matter, but if your want to role-play being afraid that the Gruen will eat your speedy units, I won't stop you. Remember that Gruen eat a lot more than carbos because carbos are really quite squishy when you think about it.

3-Time Abilities can be used at most three times during the war. You may only use them once in a turn. I think this works better than one-time abilities because it at least lets you test it out before wasting it for the rest of the minigame.

Visiting Golem cities will not necessarily cause radiation sickness, but they are very dangerous for those without years of training around them. Needless to say, radiation poisoning probably ranks lower than, say, accidental incineration or being crushed to death in a city. The gremlins are probably accustomed to this business and know enough not to approach the blue shiny golems in the water and stuff or wander in front of the hypothetical exhaust vent of a hypothetical foundry. Gruen are, naturally, a very adaptable race. However, just because they can probably adapt to a Golem city doesn't mean they will (or should, to avoid the diplomatic consequences).

No, you have no units yet. I'll be adding in the special units soon.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 350