Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435176 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3885 on: January 23, 2015, 08:40:32 pm »

And yes, I do think that Dragons are slightly overestimated by modern culture.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: January 23, 2015, 08:45:15 pm »

....So by your logic, the perfect animal is a flying monkey holding a scale? You put way to much stock in your dragons.
Holding a....no! Not that kind of scales. I'm talking about the scales that act as skin for reptiles. Azem made Wyrms have scales that are tougher than normal skin. Also, Tailwyrm tails are a lot longer and stronger than monkey tails. In exchange for flight, they gain greater agility and a powerful, in-built striking and grappling weapon.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: January 23, 2015, 08:56:06 pm »

I don't remember ever specifying the toughness of their scales. Same goes for my actual dragons. Which Mountwyrms are not.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: January 23, 2015, 09:02:14 pm »

Ah, fair enough on the scales then. It wasn't an assumption, I guess I just had a false memory of it. As for you not creating them, take a look at this. This is why my bestiary is FAR superior to Kaladin's - links. ;D My brain is stupid. You were saying that Mountwyrms aren't dragons - not that you didn't make them.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 09:04:23 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: January 23, 2015, 09:11:40 pm »

I always envisioned Mountwyrms as being something like winged Argonians. Rather shorter and slighter than humans, but sleek and lithe as well. A counterpoint to dwarves.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: January 23, 2015, 09:14:01 pm »

Ah, fair enough on the scales then. It wasn't an assumption, I guess I just had a false memory of it. As for you not creating them, take a look at this. This is why my bestiary is FAR superior to Kaladin's - links. ;D My brain is stupid. You were saying that Mountwyrms aren't dragons - not that you didn't make them.

Assssuuuuumiiiiiinngggggg again I see.

You really have a habit of overestimating the abilities of things you think are cool. Like chi, magic, dragons, your soldiers....

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: January 23, 2015, 09:18:45 pm »

Very early on in the game it was said that the very words the gods spoke have power. My interpretation of that is that saying something is true either makes it true or makes it truer.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: January 23, 2015, 09:22:46 pm »

Very early on in the game it was said that the very words the gods spoke have power. My interpretation of that is that saying something is true either makes it true or makes it truer.

I don't remember that, and am pretty sure it doesn't work that way  :-\. Besides, you have been doing it OOC as well....And, if that where true, Fusil is the most powerful being ever and each one of even his mortals is capable of killing everything else on the planet with little effort.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: January 23, 2015, 09:31:06 pm »

Also, assuming has become kind of a buzzword lately, so I'd like to remember that unless you know absolutely everything, and I am certain no one save KJP does, and possibly not even then with players plotting betwixt each other without informing him until the very end, everyone will have to make assumptions at one point or another. The only real problem with them is when you don't acknowledge that they are just that; assumptions.

Like when Fusil thinks he's right, all the time, but refuses to provide any evidence whatsoever except for hypothetical scenarios that only via his own logic work out to mean what he expects everyone else to gather from saying them.

Also considering everyone else is saying that that isn't true, Stirk, it would be offset anyway so that's a rather terrible strawman to use in the first place.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: January 23, 2015, 09:38:43 pm »

I don't remember that, and am pretty sure it doesn't work that way  :-\. Besides, you have been doing it OOC as well....And, if that where true, Fusil is the most powerful being ever and each one of even his mortals is capable of killing everything else on the planet with little effort.
Tick 02: The Void condenses

In this realm, even your thoughts carry great power. You are the gods of this world.
This single line of text has probably influenced how I played the game more than anything else. "Assuming things makes things true. Gods can do anything because we're gods." That's what I got from this and that's how I've been playing. I just forgot how exactly it got into my head.
Also, an Armu was killed by a Human ages ago with relative ease. They're not as powerful as you think they are because there's a precedent describing how powerful they are. That trumps assumptions.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: January 23, 2015, 09:45:14 pm »

Also, assuming has become kind of a buzzword lately, so I'd like to remember that unless you know absolutely everything, and I am certain no one save KJP does, and possibly not even then with players plotting betwixt each other without informing him until the very end, everyone will have to make assumptions at one point or another. The only real problem with them is when you don't acknowledge that they are just that; assumptions.

Like when Fusil thinks he's right, all the time, but refuses to provide any evidence whatsoever except for hypothetical scenarios that only via his own logic work out to mean what he expects everyone else to gather from saying them.

Also considering everyone else is saying that that isn't true, Stirk, it would be offset anyway so that's a rather terrible strawman to use in the first place.

....You started out your paragraph with also? What are you adding too, exactly? Anyway, there are different kinds of assumptions, especially if you are going to use the word like that. We all have guesses, but guesses are not assumptions. The problem with Andres's assumptions are what they do with the lore, such as with magic, chi, the "power of words" we just mentioned, and some other things. With little to back them up, he just kind of "assumes" he is right based on little to no evidence. I, for example, have several "guesses" on many things related to the Void. They are not "assumptions", because I do not act on them as if they where 100% correct, such as by sharing my beliefs with poor Newbies on the OOC forum.

I don't know what you are trying to say with the Fusil thing. Fusil lies, exaggerates, makes things up, jumps to false conclusions, and says things just as false threats from time to time. That is kind of a big part of his character.

The Fusil thing was a joke related to how much Fusil brags about everything he has ever made, do you need to borrow my sharpening rock?
This single line of text has probably influenced how I played the game more than anything else. "Assuming things makes things true. Gods can do anything because we're gods." That's what I got from this and that's how I've been playing. I just forgot how exactly it got into my head.
Also, an Armu was killed by a Human ages ago with relative ease. They're not as powerful as you think they are because there's a precedent describing how powerful they are. That trumps assumptions.

That is probably the biggest assumption you ever made, ironically enough. There is literally nothing backing that.

You are also assuming a lot from a single human-armu fight. You really shouldn't put so much stock in single events.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: January 24, 2015, 01:00:59 am »

Don't get me wrong;

Andres is, to be frank, full of shit rather a lot.

But in an amusing way. One that only gets annoying when he hammers a point over and over again even when it's quite bloody obvious he's wrong. Like the bloody fucking Paladins. I was going to end up calling some people of mine Paladins since Yaos isn't around to 'sue' me, but just hearing the word around this game causes me to grow more annoyed now. >.>

Buuuuuut sometimes thing's aren't entirely clear, and we fill in the gaps how we can since KJP doesn't want to answer our every trifling little question and certainly can't do so instantly.

So, I suppose on the one hand, I want to cut Andres some slack, but on the other hand, he's been doing this the whole game.

Hearing that it is just a part of his character is actually a big relief. I can't tell where you draw the line between IC and OOC, for yourself, since we all do at different places and gman and Vgray may be the best at it out of all of us here considering Azem did some plain old stupid stuff because it was in-character and Grauel's been maintaining a very thoroughly different character from gman(meanwhile I'm probably going to end up being the worst at it because of the way Good things and Plots typically interact and I think I'm being clever when I toy with it like a small child with a new toy he just found under his mattress while cleaning his room). So I end up getting aggravated both IC and OOC from IC things when I shouldn't be, mostly because it makes me think that you, rather than just your character, are being insufferable like that without being self-aware. So that actually helps quite a bit in calming my tits down.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: January 24, 2015, 01:04:45 am »

I was going to end up calling some people of mine Paladins since Yaos isn't around to 'sue' me, but just hearing the word around this game causes me to grow more annoyed now. >.>
Just as planned. Not really

I just realised that Musical-attuned dragons = Skyrim dragons. Musical just became that much more badass, didn't it? Wait a minute.... This changes everything. *Andres withdraws from society* Sigmar!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: January 24, 2015, 01:13:11 am »

I just realised that Musical-attuned dragons = Skyrim dragons. Musical just became that much more badass, didn't it? Wait a minute.... This changes everything. *Andres withdraws from society* Sigmar!

.....No, not at all. Do it and I will be forced to wipe Malakath and his dragons off the faces of the worlds.

Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

???*head tilt*

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: January 24, 2015, 01:25:13 am »

Don't get me wrong;

Andres is, to be frank, full of shit rather a lot.

But in an amusing way. One that only gets annoying when he hammers a point over and over again even when it's quite bloody obvious he's wrong. Like the bloody fucking Paladins. I was going to end up calling some people of mine Paladins since Yaos isn't around to 'sue' me, but just hearing the word around this game causes me to grow more annoyed now. >.>

Buuuuuut sometimes thing's aren't entirely clear, and we fill in the gaps how we can since KJP doesn't want to answer our every trifling little question and certainly can't do so instantly.

So, I suppose on the one hand, I want to cut Andres some slack, but on the other hand, he's been doing this the whole game.

Hearing that it is just a part of his character is actually a big relief. I can't tell where you draw the line between IC and OOC, for yourself, since we all do at different places and gman and Vgray may be the best at it out of all of us here considering Azem did some plain old stupid stuff because it was in-character and Grauel's been maintaining a very thoroughly different character from gman(meanwhile I'm probably going to end up being the worst at it because of the way Good things and Plots typically interact and I think I'm being clever when I toy with it like a small child with a new toy he just found under his mattress while cleaning his room). So I end up getting aggravated both IC and OOC from IC things when I shouldn't be, mostly because it makes me think that you, rather than just your character, are being insufferable like that without being self-aware. So that actually helps quite a bit in calming my tits down.
Are we referring to the curse? I bet we're referring to the curse.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 350