Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435234 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #3165 on: January 03, 2015, 07:36:59 pm »

It feels meta and/or like mixing IC and OOC, which I think out of all of them is the thing that bugs me the most about it, I think.
Actually, the Bestiary is totally IC. It's in the IC thread and it's in the Divine/Great Library (I suddenly and for no reason forgot what it's called). No ones added to Skyfeatures and that's why I haven't updated it. Either that or I just missed the new additions.

Bleh. To me, almost everyone can do magic. Most people just can't do much. Maybe it helps them make sure dishes are clean, or reduce a fever just a touch, or relieve a headache(though that might be counterproductive...), that sort of thing. Really little stuff, practical things. Mending clothes, fixing broken plates, lighting candles. Not something you use lightly, as these tasks would still be somewhat draining/stressful for the average person, but handy to have if you need it. For example: light the candle with your little wick-stick or whatever when you can, but if you forgot it back at the house 30 minutes round trip away, use magic, deal with the tiredness/headache/whatever the consequences are for mild overuse of magic that doesn't burn out your soul.
Nope. I asked the GM if at least 30% of people could do at least that and he said it was too high.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: January 03, 2015, 07:45:11 pm »

Byraway, is it necessary for me to do anything other than trawl for worshippers atm? I don't particularly want to vote on things right now, as I don't really know what's what as of yet. I could read through things, but not right now, I'm broken. Also don't want to upset Fusil, or others, in regards to voting for or against silence.

Not sure on the idea of a relationship chart. It basically allows subjective quanitification of relations, in which someone can say "oh yeah, I'm friends with this person, that person and this block of cheese" when in reality they're trying to work against them. Not that I'm against a bit of deception, of course, I just need to change that part of the back-story I think... to what I don't know, I just feel like I'm limiting myself with the whole all forms of deception part. You can deceive someone without necessarily cheating them, right?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: January 03, 2015, 07:48:06 pm »

Just trawl for worshippers. My advice it to work on taking what remains of Varee's followers. They'd be rather willing to worship you considering the similarities of your spheres.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: January 03, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »

Just trawl for worshippers. My advice it to work on taking what remains of Varee's followers. They'd be rather willing to worship you considering the similarities of your spheres.

Varee's followers probably all died. Centuries ago. Personally, I find the best way to get more followers is to make them yourself. If your feeling clever, make your own race. If not, I don't see any reason why you can't just make your own aligned humans.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: January 03, 2015, 08:51:21 pm »

I want to know mostly because the Cherubim are sort of a combination of gnomes, moogles, dwarves, and goblins(I feel like I'm missing a race here) in terms of their affinities towards professions and the like, so Alchemy(at least the type I'm thinking of, which is the 'mix the potions, hope they don't explode' kind) would be one of the things they'd be fairly good at.
From what I can tell, potion-making is a branch of Enchantment magic. Since actual ingredients are being used, I'd say it also falls under Ritual magic. Alchemy (the kind Yaos made) is mundane - even non-mages can do it.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: January 03, 2015, 09:31:48 pm »

It'll be hilarious if the joke shut Fusil up proposal actually passes.
Yep, it's hilarious.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: January 03, 2015, 10:09:51 pm »

It'll be hilarious if the joke shut Fusil up proposal actually passes.
Yep, it's hilarious.

...I'm going to break you all if it ever happens again.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: January 04, 2015, 12:26:07 am »

Fusil could just let the guns do the talking. Whether literally shooting down Gods that do things he hates, or just carving messages into mountains.

(unless Cim or Kli or something has tied themselves to the laws of physics or something)
;D
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: January 04, 2015, 01:06:52 am »

Fusil could just let the guns do the talking. Whether literally shooting down Gods that do things he hates, or just carving messages into mountains.

(unless Cim or Kli or something has tied themselves to the laws of physics or something)
;D

I could do both. Shooting messages into gods that I hate!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: January 04, 2015, 01:35:03 am »

I want to know mostly because the Cherubim are sort of a combination of gnomes, moogles, dwarves, and goblins(I feel like I'm missing a race here) in terms of their affinities towards professions and the like, so Alchemy(at least the type I'm thinking of, which is the 'mix the potions, hope they don't explode' kind) would be one of the things they'd be fairly good at.
From what I can tell, potion-making is a branch of Enchantment magic. Since actual ingredients are being used, I'd say it also falls under Ritual magic. Alchemy (the kind Yaos made) is mundane - even non-mages can do it.
Not making. Mixing.

I think I'll have to ask KJP why magic is so rare and if the council would be able to make it more commonplace to allow for very low level use of magic by the populace for practical purposes.

Oh, and another thing Yaos; I care not whether you/KJP say it is or isn't. I like it better if everyone has low level magic(how the hell else are we hearing their prayers? There's millions of followers, if we heard everyone who was praying to use without using some sort of special trick we'd get overwhelmed), and it has no mechanical effect since it just relates to people's day to day lives, so I think I'll continue to view it that way. Any other way and a high magic setting just doesn't work/feel right. Why do only some people have magic? Why does every race have mages, then? Is it hereditary? Do sacrificial rituals only work with people with magical potential? If they work with other people, why can't those people tap into the energy that is given from the sacrifice at all? If only some people can access their magical potential, why can't everyone else be trained to do it, to a lesser extent?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: January 04, 2015, 01:52:42 am »

I think I'll have to ask KJP why magic is so rare and if the council would be able to make it more commonplace to allow for very low level use of magic by the populace for practical purposes.
IIRC the mortals were using Void pacts for cleaning and cooking. Those pacts also keep it from being a "forbidden fruit" making more dangerous cults rare. I honestly don't know what Cim would/should vote, should that be proposed. Cim was against originally giving mortals magic, but it compromised.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: January 04, 2015, 02:00:44 am »

Why was he against it? I'm curious now.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: January 04, 2015, 02:42:26 am »

Oh, and another thing Yaos; I care not whether you/KJP say it is or isn't. I like it better if everyone has low level magic(how the hell else are we hearing their prayers? There's millions of followers, if we heard everyone who was praying to use without using some sort of special trick we'd get overwhelmed), and it has no mechanical effect since it just relates to people's day to day lives, so I think I'll continue to view it that way.
First of all, you simply wanting something doesn't make it real. I'd personally like it everyone was capable of magic but that's just not how it is. We just hear prayers because we're gods and they're worshippers and that's how it's done. We don't get burned out from being overwhelmed with hearing prayers because we're gods.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #3178 on: January 04, 2015, 05:56:02 am »

Seraph constellation: Updated on local copy.
Alchemy: We have Yaos' version involving homunculi and stuff, another involving making gold out of cheap base metals, and another involving equivalent exchange. There's probably some life extension stuff mixed in somewhere, too. I guess the potion mixing could be considered yet another thing named alchemy.
Affinities: They're provided on a more continuous scale between "none" and "as much as I can afford." Usually, they end up added into the base price.
Player-made shipping grids: Do you suspect [insert hostile god] or [insert secret ally] would be truthful were it player-made? I won't stop you, but that may skew the data. ;)
Shipping map: I can't make it tonight, as I'm supposed to already be in bed now what with driving back to campus probably in heavy traffic tomorrow. It should be interesting to see.
Prevalence of magic ability: My position on not having 30% be mages was based on a lack of the likely effects of having 30% be mages. It's an argument based on the absence of the results of having 30% of the population be mages and rather weak, so it's probably something for the Council to decide. I can't always integrate all of your opinions/thoughts on realism seamlessly and weighted perfectly, which may explain why the setting is both too realistic and not realistic enough. I do try to drive it in whichever direction you all choose. The part about Void pacts being used for assorted mundane housework is true.
Potion-making: It's a bit of a weird case, to be sure. Everyone seems to have a personal definition of alchemy that clashes with the other definitions of it. :P

$$$Response
Floating cities with a floating Obelisk lattice: Need to know abilities/strengths of the Obelisks
Floating cities without a floating Obelisk lattice: 5E
With Khaziraad: 3-4E total
Pentupling the Guardian Angels: 4E
Seraphs +dimensional: 4-5E
Overloading: Unlikely to be an issue if you can afford to purchase the affinity boosts. As before, attunements do not create races of mages.
Chiracyx +elemental: 2-3E
Boost all to 1.5M: 10-12E
Seraphs +universal: 2-3E
+lawmancy: Not really a magical attunement. Lawmancy here just refers to lawyering, but with the bizarre world we have, who knows if lawyering isn't somewhat like a wizardly duel in some places?

###Response
Unanswered responses to be posted after some decent amount of investigation. (I didn't label the numbers..), feel free to poke daily until done.

(Values represent approximate order of magnitude of actual number)
Darruth's total followers: ~10M
Templars: ~1 000
Quéßäre's total followers: ~100K

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: January 04, 2015, 06:11:22 am »

Alchemy: We have Yaos' version involving homunculi and stuff, another involving making gold out of cheap base metals, and another involving equivalent exchange.
They're.....they're literally all part of the same alchemy. In order to make 5kg of gold you need 5kg of.....anything + energy needed to undertake the transmutation: equivalent exchange. Of course, that's about as simple as it gets. In terms of complexity, you can literally have laser beams and fake humans, though the science is just nowhere near to that level yet due to not enough knowledge of physics and the massive complexity of a sapient mind.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 350