Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435883 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2014, 02:09:29 am »

Musical: This covers not only music but also poetry. It probably extends to inspirational speeches, morale-depleting speeches, powered-up one-liners, and stuff like that. So it's music but mostly not music.
It's settled. I'm making a second archangel called Aminak. He will have the Musical attunement and will wield a katana.

Ritual: I'm a bit foggy on this one, but what I think it's meant to be is doing things that get the attention of higher or lower powers and make them intervene.
Sooooooo....... summoning?

Elemental: Probably obvious.
Not really. Classical elements like fire, water, earth, air? Periodic elements like oxygen, iron, uranium, chlorine? Expanded classical elements like fire, water, earth, air, lightning, and metal? Natural laws of physics?

Celestial: This possibly relates to miracle-working or to divining using the stars and stuff like that. On second thought, maybe we should split this into Thaumaturgy (miracles, divine) and Celestial (divination in general)?
In that case it should be Thaumaturgy for miracles and divine, Divination for divination (I can't think of a good joke here unfortunately), and perhaps make Celestial into what Happerry suggested. Celestial means to do with with the stars and the heavens anyway.

I'm against his proposal to make ritual magic group magic. Group magic should just increase the power of whatever magic is being used.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2014, 02:10:57 am »

Quick suggestion to add the costs for making things resistant/immune to magic to the magical charts.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2014, 02:14:45 am »

I just took a look at the OP and I like everything but Elemental still needs to be properly explained.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2014, 02:18:37 am »

I can only assume my creations expect me to look like them.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2014, 02:25:35 am »

They would be very much attracted to you if you appeared as a coin, even though money probably hasn't been invented yet.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2014, 02:34:45 am »

Could you put in the OP of one of the threads descriptions of the worlds? Right now I don't know what either world looks like or what creatures currently exist where.

What world is Tykki on? I'm hoping that she's on World A where I'm gonna put the Emperor. World B will be the residence of Aminak (you thought I was kidding about that didn't you?)

EDIT:
What is a 4 Essence generic aligned angel capable of doing? Can I get a discount if I make a bunch of them in bulk?

Just to paint a clearer picture, do you watch Supernatural? On another note, one of the weaker archangels in the series blacked out the entire Eastern (USA) seaboard just by appearing. I'm guessing that he would count as the Messanger/Warrior angel you mentioned.

EDIT2: Is there any way to increase max Essence?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 02:40:39 am by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2014, 02:51:02 am »

Could you put in the OP of one of the threads descriptions of the worlds? Right now I don't know what either world looks like or what creatures currently exist where.

What world is Tykki on? I'm hoping that she's on World A where I'm gonna put the Emperor. World B will be the residence of Aminak (you thought I was kidding about that didn't you?)

EDIT:
What is a 4 Essence generic aligned angel capable of doing? Can I get a discount if I make a bunch of them in bulk?

Just to paint a clearer picture, do you watch Supernatural? On another note, one of the weaker archangels in the series blacked out the entire Eastern (USA) seaboard just by appearing. I'm guessing that he would count as the Messanger/Warrior angel you mentioned.

EDIT2: Is there any way to increase max Essence?
The worlds are currently close-to-blank slates and are large enough to host all of your mortals without a significant chance of interaction. I will try listing the races present on each world. Also, where Tykki currently is is not answerable for other gods. You're probably better off flipping a coin to decide.

A 4 Essence angel can teleport to any other dimension but not to a specific location within the dimensions. They will likely appear in a plot-relevant location whether they teleport from outside or inside. They can also fight reasonably well and deliver messages and do stuff related to your sphere and they can also serve as spies for you.

Also, Essence capacity increases slowly when you receive Essence despite being at full Essence.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2014, 03:14:38 am »

Why would I have a dedicated messenger angel when a generic one works well enough then? Sure it takes them a bit more time to reach their destination but so what?

So you can only increase the max when you're already at full? Or just whenever you gain essence?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2014, 03:19:34 am »

That's why I said the 4 Essence angel would probably be enough. Besides, any destination they would end up at is probably plot-relevant, right?

At full (that you would notice). Whenever you gain Essence, you only have a single-digit percent chance of getting capacity even at high incomes.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2014, 03:20:26 am »

Does that piece of Azem have any power without him explicitly giving it any?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2014, 03:28:32 am »

Probably not beyond what self-fulfilling prophecies the Mountwyrms attach to it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2014, 04:07:02 am »

If one of your followers decides to worship one of your angels instead of you, do you still get the Essence or do you have to take it from the angel?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2014, 04:13:58 am »

It depends on what relationship you have with the angel. For a bond as close as Fusil-Tykki, Fusil would probably receive the Essence except when Tykki requires it immediately for important things. For a random angel who has become apathetic, the angel is likely to keep it.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2014, 04:43:04 am »

Is it possible to eat our angels?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2014, 04:45:58 am »

Ew.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 350