Poll

This game is dead!

Hahahahahaha!
- 7 (41.2%)
Nooooooooooo!
- 10 (58.8%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 350

Author Topic: Ye Gods 1 OOC [21/∞] Talk here  (Read 435908 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods OOC [13/∞] Sign up/talk here
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2014, 12:12:25 am »

$$$Response
Until someone burns 10 essense on making a giant dragon or something.

$$$$
How much essence would it be to create pole stars for each planet? On planet A it'd be above the planet, and be linked to the concept of Beginnings, and on planet B it'd be under the planet, linked to the concept of Endings.
For something this small I wouldn't mind retconjuring it in and making it cost 0-1. It probably won't affect that much anyway.

Also, important note to everyone: More Essence does not mean more victory! A trillion jelly rolls will not actively win against a single humanoid
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:33:37 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2014, 12:13:58 am »

EDIT: What's attunement?
It is a permanent boost in a specific class of magic. I believe currently, your options are celestial, elemental, psymental, ritual, enchanting, musical, cosmic, dimensional, universal, and eldritch.
Would you be willing to stick this list, and definitions of each type, on post two of the IC thread like with the Skyfeatures? Because I didn't know some of those existed, much less what the difference between cosmic, dimensional and eldritch is. I'm also puzzled at Ritual Magic being a type on its own, as I was under the impression that this was a casting method, not an entire school. (I'm assuming that Celestial is my star magic.)
+1 because I don't know what the fuck anything about any of it.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 17, 2014, 12:16:15 am »

You have a point when it comes to trying to outmatch your angel by just increasing the Essence poured into the Emperor, but in what way would an army trying to kill you help you? What if 2.5 million humans were sacrificed to increase the power of the Emperor AND I poured my own being into helping him fight? All this is hypothetical of course. In-game, I'll actually ask you to make the Emperor's sword to strengthen the bond between us.

We use a little tactics? You pulled everything in that fight, sacrificing so much. Most of the strength will be, no doubt, temporary. I would just order Tykki to retreat and hide until it runs out. Then, when both of you are weak, I finish you off.

Having an army would help me the same way me trying to fight you by hitting you with humans would. Assuming I am able to control the battle field, it would not be able to help much. Even if you managed to get a hundred men fighting in the same place as your emperor, they are nothing in comparison to my Tykki. It takes thousands of mortals to fight off a normal Archangel, if I am correct. So the few that can help you help a little, while the thousands who can't merely make me stronger by practicing with their weapons.

This is why, if we fought, I wouldn't test my strength against Tykki, but merely banish her into the sky as a new Constellation.

As you gave all gods control over constellations, I would just bring her back :P. Plus, doesn't the unique trait kind of defend against that?

Would you be willing to stick this list, and definitions of each type, on post two of the IC thread like with the Skyfeatures? Because I didn't know some of those existed, much less what the difference between cosmic, dimensional and eldritch is. I'm also puzzled at Ritual Magic being a type on its own, as I was under the impression that this was a casting method, not an entire school. (I'm assuming that Celestial is my star magic.)

I don't know. It is kind of cooler to leave it mysterious.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 17, 2014, 12:19:22 am »

$$$
If I create something killable or destroyable, would repairing it be cheaper than replacing it? For example, if Tykki was somehow murdered, how much would it cost for Fusil to revive her?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2014, 12:19:58 am »

Until someone burns 10 essense on making a giant dragon or something.

$$$$
How much essence would it be to create pole stars for each planet? On planet A it'd be above the planet, and be linked to the concept of Beginnings, and on planet B it'd be under the planet, linked to the concept of Endings.
For something this small I wouldn't mind retconjuring it in and making it cost 0-1. It probably won't affect that much anyway.[/size]
I'll make them then.
As you gave all gods control over constellations, I would just bring her back :P. Plus, doesn't the unique trait kind of defend against that?
Noooo... I let other gods make a few. As the God of the Night, and God of Stars, I'm pretty sure I still hold authority over them.

Of course, I'm pretty sure you could pull her out without authority, given she is your minion.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:21:30 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2014, 12:26:23 am »

$$$Response
$$$
If I create something killable or destroyable, would repairing it be cheaper than replacing it? For example, if Tykki was somehow murdered, how much would it cost for Fusil to revive her?
It depends on how long Fusil would want to wait:
Case 1: However long it takes for Tykki (or a similar unique) to auto-revive: 0 Essence
Case 2: Boost the chance of revival slightly in a tick: 1 Essence
Case 3: Boost the chance of revival more in a tick: 2 Essence
Case 4: Boost the chance of revival a lot in a tick: 4 Essence
Case 4: Insta-revive: Half creation cost

The length of time required to revive is affected by such things as strength of the subject and plot necessity (for uniques). You can always try changing the rules using the council. In the case of uniques, you are currently not allowed to recreate them while they still exist. For reasonably cheap creations, it is definitely cheaper just to insta-revive.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:34:28 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2014, 12:28:09 am »

$$$

How much would it cost to talk to my creations, if anything? I'm fairly certain this has been asked before but I can't find it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2014, 12:28:34 am »

Noooo... I let other gods make a few. As the God of the Night, and God of Stars, I'm pretty sure I still hold authority over them.

Ah. I have the memory of a floppy disk. Woopsies.

Speaking of uniques, what exactly is unique about uniques? What power does the [UNIQUE] tag give them?

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2014, 12:30:19 am »

$$$

How much would it cost to talk to my creations, if anything? I'm fairly certain this has been asked before but I can't find it.
I'm pretty sure it's nothing, as I have talked with mine...

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 17, 2014, 12:33:06 am »

More Essence does not mean more victory! A trillion jelly rolls will not actively win against a single humanoid
But a trillion jelly rolls will kill a humanoid if dropped on them, so that means they can PASSIVELY win! Now I just need to apply the lesson to angels...

Even if you managed to get a hundred men fighting in the same place as your emperor, they are nothing in comparison to my Tykki. It takes thousands of mortals to fight off a normal Archangel, if I am correct.
The army I had in mind had hundreds of thousands. An actual army would be comprised of about 20,000 at least. If it only takes thousands to fight off an archangel, then sacrificing millions to an archangel should theoretically increase its power so greatly your archangel wouldn't even get a CHANCE to run away before mine disintegrates it!

So the few that can help you help a little, while the thousands who can't merely make me stronger by practicing with their weapons.
I'm pretty sure we only get power via worship - not just our spheres being used. I get no power from humans unless they - or other beings, technically - worship me.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 17, 2014, 12:37:43 am »

Quote from: Mechanics
You can gain Essence through Worship, ambient Essence income (very low, cannot prevent death), transfer from other gods, and your sphere's influence on the world.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 17, 2014, 12:38:33 am »

Ah well fuck. Guess I'm banning weapons then.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 17, 2014, 12:41:50 am »

The army I had in mind had hundreds of thousands. An actual army would be comprised of about 20,000 at least. If it only takes thousands to fight off an archangel, then sacrificing millions to an archangel should theoretically increase its power so greatly your archangel wouldn't even get a CHANCE to run away before mine disintegrates it!

Yes. Lets say your army was 10,000,000. How many are in, say, a courtyard at a time? I was saying that you can only get a very small portion to actually fight. Especially if I decide when to attack. You can only fit so many men in, say, a small room. There is no believable way to get even 10,000 guys against one person, especially if I don't intentionally take on 10,000 guys.

Besides, you forget my Archangel is tied to its god. It would get a chance to run away, I could just lift it to one of the other worlds. Besides that, 1 million humanoids is worth like ~4 essence points. Not the huge power up you are looking for.

Ah well fuck. Guess I'm banning weapons then.

But you just said I am free to spread weapons  :'(. I guess I could always call off the three million humanoids, making sure that they are not, in fact, human....

Kidding, kidding. Why would we really fight?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:43:33 am by Stirk »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2014, 12:46:33 am »

More Essence does not mean more victory! A trillion jelly rolls will not actively win against a single humanoid
But a trillion jelly rolls will kill a humanoid if dropped on them, so that means they can PASSIVELY win! Now I just need to apply the lesson to angels...
See, I knew something like this was coming! I have a degree in Corrupt-a-Wish or something like that, you know! :D

Even if you managed to get a hundred men fighting in the same place as your emperor, they are nothing in comparison to my Tykki. It takes thousands of mortals to fight off a normal Archangel, if I am correct.
If the sacrifice comes from your end, remember that your sphere is humans. It does not reflect well on a god to destroy something so closely aligned.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 17, 2014, 12:55:08 am »

$$$

Found it. Searching for $$$ doesn't work, but searching for response does.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 350