Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58635 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #705 on: June 29, 2015, 06:03:38 pm »

"You zhere! Come down so I'll crush you!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 29, 2015, 06:12:02 pm »

"Ah, what is it being so sneaky upon us? A little Goblinoid? Perhaps a Turkeyman we might catch and eat, or another runty Kobold seeking to spy upon us? Osirio wishes for you to flee into the endless darkness, pest, in a truly literal and metaphorical fashion. Ava will be the one making you into a bad sculpture, otherwise. My darling snow-wife, she is an excellent artist with the hammer-such strokes! Such striking sprays of blood and gore! Alas, but the subjects of her work, tend to suffer her creativity. They are never quite in the same shape afterwards..." The Half Elf Osirio drawled, drawing his flail and shield.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 29, 2015, 06:20:56 pm »

"You zhere! Come down so I'll crush you!"
"No? I would rather not be crushed, so I shall stay up here. If you want to come up to crush me, you are welcome to try."
"Ah, what is it being so sneaky upon us? A little Goblinoid? Perhaps a Turkeyman we might catch and eat, or another runty Kobold seeking to spy upon us? Osirio wishes for you to flee into the endless darkness, pest, in a truly literal and metaphorical fashion. Ava will be the one making you into a bad sculpture, otherwise. My darling snow-wife, she is an excellent artist with the hammer-such strokes! Such striking sprays of blood and gore! Alas, but the subjects of her work, tend to suffer her creativity. They are never quite in the same shape afterwards..." The Half Elf Osirio drawled, drawing his flail and shield.
"None of the above; I am but a simple researcher. Now, would you mind calling off your wife?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 29, 2015, 06:29:01 pm »

"Ah, she listens to me as well as dull axe cuts wood-not very well. Don't make any sudden movements or I cannot account for your limbs.

Step out of the shadows and into the light, ah, friend. Hmm, you are taller than I was seeing. Be explaining yourself. Have you come to join the legendary Osirio's Bold Men, or perhaps just to die? Both positions are available, if you're interested."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 29, 2015, 06:34:39 pm »

"I don't know, up here is quite nice. Specifically, it's not next to a woman who wishes to crush me. I came to this library in search of some of the ancient tomes. The book swarms attacked, and I fled up here to avoid them. You have a curious method of recruiting members, Oririo."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 29, 2015, 06:44:31 pm »

((Also, it's time to bring back the Osirio portrait for a short time. All new players must gaze upon him!))

"Osirio is an optimist. He must believe you came to join his band of mercenaries.

Otherwise, this becomes a tragic tale. Allow me to spin it!

A lone adventurer descends into the depths boldly, seeking great power and long lost lore. He comes so close to his goal, but danger forces him to flee. To his surprise and gratitude, a band of warriors unknowingly saves him from a most gruesome fate. He reveals himself, but a dilemma arises. He finds he has won his life, but lost what he came for-the band is more numerous, more armed, and quite ruthless. They no doubt have also come for the old powers in the deep places of the world. Alas, such is the wages of fate, that cruel and fickle mistress.

How does the story end? Does the man make his haste, allowing his life, hoping for another lucky day? Or does he negotiate and delay, hoping he might find a way to snatch a profit from the Dragon's Jaws?"
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:46:12 pm by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 29, 2015, 07:00:34 pm »

Ava swung her hammer onto her shoulder.
"Humph. My hammer reaches vurther zhan I, rezearcher."

As Osirio and the researcher began to talk, she turned around and walked to besides uer 'husband'.
"Zhere. You von't be next to my hammer."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 29, 2015, 11:44:44 pm »

The man in the shadows cautiously clambers down.

"I was following your metaphor up until the last part. What dragon? Are you the dragon?"
He seems a bit skeptical at the idea.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 30, 2015, 09:09:12 am »

"No, that was another metaphor! The Dragon's Jaws-the end of the journey, yes? Having the bad luck. You must snatch the good luck from the bad, as they say. At the risk of being being devoured, it goes without saying.

Still, what will you do, now? Do you have a name to give? A pleasant introduction of yourself?

I myself am Osirio DuSirc. I and my band come here...on a errand altogether unrelated. This was merely a passing diversion, in truth."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 30, 2015, 10:56:27 am »

"Walker Branson. A pleasure, DuSirc. What did you say that brought you down here?"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 30, 2015, 10:58:42 am »

"I am Laugh of the Avalanche."
She glanced at the others.
"Not Mountain. Avalanche."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 30, 2015, 11:03:34 am »

"Ah, yes...My Ava is quite a pile of heavy stones, either way. Take that as you may.

Ahem..and, Mr. Walking Branson, I specifically did not say what brought us down here. It's better not to let strangers onto your plans. I'm never quite sure who to trust in Aretrian, which is why I recruited most of these people far from these pit of a city, and some years ago."

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 02, 2015, 03:37:58 am »

"A wise decision, what with the Lor-ah, but nevermind. I needn't bother you folk with my conspiracy theories."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 02, 2015, 08:24:16 am »

"Indeed. In any case, what will you do now, Mr. Walking? I suppose you can travel alongside us until we reach civilization, or it's close cousin-or perhaps you could stay here and continue on your mission, after we've taking these interesting things with us. You're not an employee of mine, though...yet, so it will be strictly a mutual protection between us until circumstances prove different."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 02, 2015, 08:31:54 am »

Subtly, Ava ground her hammer's head on Osirio's foot, having taken umbrage at being called a pile of rocks. She shot him a glance.
"Zhen vill ve keep exploring?"
She turned back to the new companion, looking at him more closely.
"How vell can you use zhat spear?"
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 52