Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58665 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #600 on: March 07, 2015, 07:16:45 pm »

"My god has spoken to me and gifted me powers. You steal yours. My first kill was a warrior. Yours was likely some unarmed peasant. That probably made you feel real strong didn't it Ava? Did you use a hammer? I used a rock. I show valor in killing that which is strong or is attacking me. From what I've seen you'd kill children if they stood in your way. Such paltry victims that must be. I give my god everything I can. He will NOT abandon me." Fire burned in Culpa's eyes as he gave his speech.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 07, 2015, 08:02:10 pm »

"My virst kill vas vhen I vas a child, Priest. I took my father's hammer and split his skull.  A veak little zhing, I vas.

The strong eat the veak."
She said the phrase surprisingly clear. "I vant to fight the ztrong, but I do not care if I kill zhe veak. If I crush zhem under my foot, zhey were not even worth a thought. You vhink zhe volf give a thought to the rabbit, priest?"

Ava's body responded to the anger in front of her. Like two dogs bristling against each other, she reared up in turn, lifting her hammer onto her shoulder. When she spoke, however, it was not a hostile challenge as much as a honest question.

"Shall ve find out who is stronger zhen, priest? Let us zee if your god vill zave you from me."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 08, 2015, 08:41:12 am »

"When we're not in hostile territory. You may be stronger than me, but I am more blessed."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 08, 2015, 03:46:05 pm »

"If your blessing does not zave you from a broken zkull, it is not vorth much."
A thought seemed to occur to her.
"Zomething I vhink of, priest. Your god threw away a zervant to get you. Vhy vould he not throw you avay for another?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 09, 2015, 09:02:23 am »

Osirio had watched the scuffle with some interest, his mist grey eyes unusually clouded. To attack a mans faith was a dangerous thing. In Osirio's own experience, few religions encouraged open dialogue and debate...though, ironically, Ava's honesty was sort of refreshing to him.

"Indeed, Mr. Culpa. Wee Jas rarely aids those who believe in her-she is perhaps honest, no? It is why, ironically, I do believe in her. I cannot conceive of a God who acts for any reason but self interest, personally. I think the Gods have a hard time noticing us who are not blessed...like yourself. As much as my belief allows, one must still be careful about relying on Gods too much...then again, your powers are tied to your faith, so you must be stronger in that faith, I understand.

I would also politely ask both not to kill one another on duty, but while I am your captain, I am not your father-what you do in your own time is none of Osirio's business."

He paused a moment, wondering which side he would take. He couldn't show favoritism, he thought. It's not like she would appreciate it, anyway.

"Still, I'd hate to lose either of you. I trust you will resolve this conflict at the appropriate time."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 09, 2015, 12:25:19 pm »

"Zery vell. Vhen you feel like dying, priest, come zhen and test your blessing against my ztrength."

She retrieved another piece of bat-bacon and bit down. Yes, this was much better than the poisonous fire Osirio had given her before. She looked around, feeling she'd sufficiently shown her dominance over the priest - much more, she'd probably want to fight him anyway, and now Osirio had told her otherwise.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 09, 2015, 09:49:46 pm »

"You're the captain." Culpa said with a small sigh.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 16, 2015, 08:41:30 am »

"Why don't you just both prove your strength by besting each other in violent and bloody combat against our numerous foes? First to two dozen wins, starting from now? If it tickles your fancy I shall then write an ode to the victor, and chant it unflinchingly as we stride into desperate battle, and then write an ode to the loser, castigating them for their miserable efforts, and proclaim it loud to all we meet. This seems to me a much more productive way of proving oneself, and at the same time moving us all forward in Captain Osirio's plan for domination over the world. No?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 16, 2015, 08:46:26 am »

Osirio snorts.

"The world is tomorrow, gnome. Today I will be content with domination over this one old fort. I can't help but wonder, if we could conquer it by force of arms and make it our own. It would certainly be better than an inn."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 16, 2015, 11:46:17 am »

"Vith veak foes it means little. It is against each other zhat ve may who iz ztrongest.

I vould be fine vith zhis as a lair, especially if the bats come back so ve can kill more. Zhould be zome good fights down here in zhe dark."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 17, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »

The fire crackles, the evident waterfall roars from its unknown source, and somewhere on the edge of perception things better left unseen crawl amid the dark. But for now, none of these are a problem. Though the conversation is at times tense and threatening, you feel at ease in the small room. The smoke gently wafts through a hole in the roof. Two of the knights seem to be simply relaxing, while the third silently tends to Arias. The noble wakens and interrupts your repose with a gentle grunt of pain subdued by anesthetics. The knight that was tending to the wounds props him up. The aristocrat is conscious, but still clearly in pain and wounded.

One of the other two knights, not Renais, tells you that Arias will need to stay put. As his guards, they're honorbound to stay with him. They'll set about making the place more secure, and if you can lead it to them, they'll deal with any threats you should stumble across. But, the knights will be staying here.

So; the question remains. Which door to enter? The northern one, evidently disturbed recently? Or the eastern one, likely untouched for decades? Do you fear more the threat of new intruders, or the wrath of ancient things awoken?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 18, 2015, 08:08:32 am »

Ava pointed at the northern door.
"If ve are to make zhis our lair, zhen ve should hunt down vhatever is living here."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 18, 2015, 08:15:04 am »

"Yes, we should. You first, Ava!"

Try to make a suitable torch out of some wood from the fire.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 18, 2015, 08:31:59 am »

"We should make the proper introductions, yes." Osirio comments, though he's sure Ava will go mad(der) if they do any more diplomacy today.

Action: Northern door, ho

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 18, 2015, 09:08:09 am »

"Good. Let us go."
Ava stalked to the northern door and strode through.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 52