Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58771 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #465 on: February 01, 2015, 01:08:24 pm »

Pff. Osirio wondered if the fool had bothered with Elven guards. He wasn't nearly as blind as the others with his own low-light vision. Silently, he stepped back, his guisarme swished to a nearby guards feet, while he swirled the streams of chaos magic toward him.

Action: 5ft step left, and attempt to curse, and then trip the blue knight with my guisarme.

Hex: Will save Dc 15, or suffer -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour

Attack: +3 vs Touch AC
Strength Check: +2 (remember to count the penalty if my curse hits, and to AoO him if he stands up)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 01, 2015, 03:13:22 pm »

Unable to see Culpa figured it might be better to simply wait this one out.

Total Defense: +4 Dodge Bonus to AC
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 04, 2015, 09:56:27 am »

Ari takes a five foot step away from the enemy and casts Cure Light Wound on Culpa with his wand, because sometimes one has to take a break from smashing the enemy’s groin.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2015, 02:07:58 pm »

Pff. Osirio wondered if the fool had bothered with Elven guards. He wasn't nearly as blind as the others with his own low-light vision. Silently, he stepped back, his guisarme swished to a nearby guards feet, while he swirled the streams of chaos magic toward him.

Action: 5ft step left, and attempt to curse, and then trip the blue knight with my guisarme.

Hex: Will save Dc 15, or suffer -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour

Attack: +3 vs Touch AC
Strength Check: +2 (remember to count the penalty if my curse hits, and to AoO him if he stands up)

Osirio attempts to curse the knight, [WILL: 4] which takes hold easily. He then swipes with his guisarme, aiming to trip the knight, [3] though it notices this attempt and sidesteps. Appears that they have some form of low light or darkvision as well, or at least that one does.

Unable to see Culpa figured it might be better to simply wait this one out.

Total Defense: +4 Dodge Bonus to AC
Culpa, being rendered effectively blind, stays alert and on defense.

Ava attempted to peer through the dark with her low-light vision. There, a shadowy figure, not the right shape for one of her allies.

Charge and Crush Renais!
[11+3] Ava moves to take out Renais, but his armor proves to be too thick; she hits him on a heavily plated part, and the blow merely glances off with little more than a clang.

Ithy still holds Arias at rapier-point.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 07, 2015, 10:43:30 pm »

"Drop your weapon, and tell your guards to do the same."
Move Action: Move Silently 2 squares South (Take 10, +10).
Ready Action: If Arias doesn't obey, Attack him.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 11:02:56 pm by Harbingerjm »
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2015, 10:46:49 pm »

Spoiler: The Heroes (click to show/hide)

The opponents can be done quickly as well; however, I'd like to ask what other information you'd like to have on these?

EDIT: Weapon damage added.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:08:18 pm by flameboy99 »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 10, 2015, 06:55:59 pm »

Ithy hisses a threat to the shocked Arias. Fearing the point pressed against his stomach, he quickly fumbles for a short sword; he clearly intended to use it, but an increase in pressure inclines him to instead drop it. He shouts a command for the guards to do the same. With a touch of skepticism, the three of them put down their longswords.

"Fine, fine, you caught me. So what? Are you taking me to your devil-leaders? Gonna toss me into  the pit over there? Or are you just a common Drow brigand? Renais. Put. Your fucking sword. Down."
"Yessir. Right away sir."

Spoiler: The Heroes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Enemies (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 10, 2015, 07:12:13 pm »

"Culpa, you can light a lantern now." Osirio said, his voice calm-but only just so. He was aware that the battle had not been going their way...

"Devil-leaders. That's interesting. Is it so surprising that our own employers insist you are the cultist devil-worshiper? They insisted we should catch you alive, if we could.

It seems we are at an interesting point in the story. So many different outcomes. By action, or inaction, your guards can provoke us further and Ithy's can kill you, then we can fight your guards, if they want to-sort of pointless, since who will pay them then? A dead man is apparently acceptable to our employers, however. Your guards may even prevail, but then it seems to me everyone loses. Likewise, they can choose to cut their losses and leave you to your fate-whatever that may be. But, how can they do that while you live? T'would be most dishonorable, not to mention they wouldn't be paid then either. Better to wait and see what happens. It would be best to kill you now, and cut a deal with your guards for the remains of your valuables, but...let's try something else first.

I think you should tell the truth, Mr. Arias. That would be a good start. Enlighten as to your demon worshiping ways-or perhaps, why a very specific group of people would want you to be captured or killed?

I warn you, sir, I and my men do know there is a some sort of plot afoot-a cult looking to unleash a horrible force unto the world, with ties to the city. Do not try blanket denials. As cliche as it may sound, this is really bigger than either of us. The question is, what do you know about all this?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 10, 2015, 08:00:27 pm »

Ava, for her part, stepped forward, challenging the knights with her body language, collecting up their swords.

"I don't care if ve kill zhem. Prefer zhat vay. Zimpler."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 10, 2015, 08:57:03 pm »

"Uh... About that. I forgot to prepare my light spell for the day and realize now that I neglected to purchase any way to light the torches I purchased."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 10, 2015, 08:58:16 pm »

As Osirio finishes, Arias looks mildly shocked. With a sigh, he prepares to speak. He pulls a pipe and a match from his pack, lighting the former before handing the latter to Culpa.

"Gods, you can talk a lot, can't you? Well, doesn't surprise me that the Lords aren't telling you the full story. You are working for the Lords, no? Or have I gotten myself caught up in yet another tiresome conspiracy? Well, they aren't human, you know. Or elves, or orcs or anything else you can think of. No, they're creatures of chaos, from some unnameable plane. What, exactly, they plan, I'm not sure. But it involves a lot of people dying. And I do mean a lot; Nazeric will likely largely be a wasteland if they get they're way. And the "devil" I'm worshiping is an entity trying to stop them; an ancient, chained deity named Talor. He lies far below the city, biding his time to escape. I suspect that will be coming soon. His methods will not be without loss, but I trust it will be lesser than what the Lords deign to do. As for why they want me dead; isn't it obvious? I act for Talor. With me dead, He loses a valuable asset, not to mention that should any implications to my treason be found, it'll serve as a solid warning to any who follow in my footsteps.

As for this plot...I will be honest. Talor is a horrible force, and many will die if he wakes, but many more will die if he doesn't. He hungers for mankind, but his hunger will sate itself in time, and he isn't so unwise to destroy his source of sustenance. But the Lords? They don't need man; in fact, man stands as an obstacle.

But I suspect you don't particularly care, do you? The people of this city prefer gold over their own life. If that's a bargain you're willing to make-- and it will be the bargain you make if you aid the Lords--, then go right ahead."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:42:37 am by flameboy99 »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 11, 2015, 08:34:15 am »

"Why will Talor's hunger sate itself in time? Mine never does."

Bardic Knowledge check to see if I know anything about Talor that might support what the man says.

If I do, then kick Osirio's shin to get him to bend down, and whisper it to him.

If I don't, then kick Osirio's shin.

"Does it hurt? The shin or the blood. I could heal both or either whilst we talk."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 11, 2015, 09:43:12 am »

"Talking is preferable to fighting-I am not truly violent by nature. It's the world that is violent. I am merely more honest in dealing with it than most." Osirio comments, listening to the story.

"So, two terrible forces coming together. Mankind suffers as a result, no matter the victor. It seems we must choose between being slaves, or corpses. I know my decision in regards to such things, but I can't make it for others...

I am intrigued, however. You mention your deity as Tal-or. Yet, the force my group had some evidence pointing to was a being which a friend of mine tells me was a great destroyer in a bygone age-not the one you mention. It seems, perhaps, our employers did not enlighten us to this fact. Do you know anything about something called Alat-hoth?"
Osirio says carefully-he deliberately skews saying the names of the demons, since he has long held a personal belief that speaking of them can summon their...interest.

Osirio was merely buying a bit of time for the man to pontificate, really-he knew Ithys could tell is the man was lying and would let him know if so, and both Culpa and Ari might know something about this other force mentioned. He was at that moment quite thankful for having a mercenary band at his back.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 11, 2015, 12:59:04 pm »

Ava shifted impatiently. The fight was unfinished. She felt a mixture of dissatisfaction and disappointment, like a woman with a bad lover.
"Ve can talk more vhen ve are out of here."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 11, 2015, 01:09:22 pm »

"Be patient, my darling snow-wife." Osirio says generously, nothing her agitation. "We might all yet find a reason to kill one another down here in the darkness." He comments, with the air of a man offering a positive point about a position he's not entirely enamored of himself.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 52