Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58804 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #405 on: January 07, 2015, 04:26:04 am »

”Urg…” whispers Ari to whoever can hear, ”Someone’s sharpening knives in there, I do believe. The only explanation is cannibals… I think we need to be more violent.”

Hide (+5) by the door in such a manner that I can ambush any fecker what comes through. Ready a Morningstar to the groin attack. Listen (+6) again.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 07, 2015, 09:36:33 am »

Osirio added a bit of salt to the casserole and stirred it a bit.

"...Hmm, needs nutmeg...do you have nutmeg?" He asked the unconscious chef.

No response.

Action: Help beat any servants if needed-otherwise, tie them up with their own belts/clothes, rifle their pockets for keys and useful notes, and stick them in closets.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 07, 2015, 10:32:18 am »

Hearing the servants begin to stir, Ava looked back. She shifted her hammer to her dominant hand.
"Kill zhem?" she asked quietly.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 07, 2015, 11:04:02 am »

Hearing the servants begin to stir, Ava looked back. She shifted her hammer to her dominant hand.
"Kill zhem?" she asked quietly.

Osirio shook his head and replied just as quietly. He continued to stir the casserole.

"...Not now. We'll deal with them once we're done-just bind them for now, unless they force you to kill them. We may need to question them...or someone may get away anyway, which will make them not worth killing.

...I merely despise waste, you know? Let's not waste lives. It's unprofessional. I may be a monster, but I'm not an Animal..."
Osirio muses.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2015, 01:25:42 pm »

Ithy moves into the nearest room and beats the servant over the head with her sap.
Osirio added a bit of salt to the casserole and stirred it a bit.

"...Hmm, needs nutmeg...do you have nutmeg?" He asked the unconscious chef.

No response.

Action: Help beat any servants if needed-otherwise, tie them up with their own belts/clothes, rifle their pockets for keys and useful notes, and stick them in closets.
Ithy, moving almost silently, creeps into several of the servants' "rooms". Osirio aids her in doing so, though not before sampling the casserole. Seven servants in all, counting the chef, now unconscious, bound and gagged.

”Urg…” whispers Ari to whoever can hear, ”Someone’s sharpening knives in there, I do believe. The only explanation is cannibals… I think we need to be more violent.”

Hide (+5) by the door in such a manner that I can ambush any fecker what comes through. Ready a Morningstar to the groin attack. Listen (+6) again.

Ari slinks into the shadows, trying and largely succeeding at hiding himself. Listening, he thinks he hears...ticking? The metal-on-metal sound has grown louder as well. He grabs his morningstar, preparing to attack at a moment's notice. Ari's preparation very quickly proves to be worthwhile, as the silence is quickly shattered by the door being forcefully opened. Through it steps a humanoid figure in strange, bronze armor, brandishing a heavy looking hammer with relative ease, with a shield in the other hand. He certainly looks quite imposing and dangerous.

Operating more on instinct and reflex, Ari drives his morningstar into its groin region. The weapon pierces the bronze armor (Which proves to be thinner than it first appeared), revealing a glimpse of cogs and chains; some sort of construct, then? [3 DAMAGE]
Regardless, the thing raises its hammer, hitting the floorboards with a loud crash and only barely missing Ari.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 02:04:54 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 07, 2015, 01:51:33 pm »

Operating more on instinct and reflex, Ari drives his morningstar into its groin region.

"Your usual tactics are ineffective, Gnome..." Osirio comments, dryly.

He moves to help at a quick pace, his hand blazing with dark purple curselight...a machine has a thousand moving parts, after all, and only one needs to fail...

Osirio's flail spins round and round in a steel cage as he looks for a weakspot, holding in a pattern intended for his own defense. Analyzing his enemy, how it moves, what he can remember about these things...

Action: Go Help Ari!

Curse that machine, then move in and strike it with my flail while fighting defensively.

Attack: -1 to-hit, 1d8+2 damage, +2 AC (AC now 18)

Hex: Will save Dc 15, or suffer -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour

Also, analyze it with Arcane Knowledge, if possible (+5)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2015, 02:12:51 pm »

"Why would things go right? I hate machines." Culpa ran towards the Machine, taking a que from Osirio's actions, and attempted to smash the creature with his flail.

Up 2, Right 3. Light Flail: +2 to Hit. 1d8+1 damage.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 07, 2015, 02:15:23 pm »

"Why would things go right? I hate machines."

"You know Culpa, you might have hurt it's feelings." Osirio chided, jokingly.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 07, 2015, 02:18:24 pm »

"Unlikely." the priest deadpanned "These constructs are an abomination of nature. The Sentient's hubris against the gods. We are made by the gods as they want us. These... Things are made by sentients how we want ourselves. We should leave well enough alone."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 07, 2015, 02:30:12 pm »

"Ah, but isn't what you're saying that free will is an abomination? If the Gods made Men as they wanted, and they gave him free will and hubris, and from the free will came the ability to create these machines, are the Gods not ultimately responsible for them?"

Osirio loved these mid-battle philosophical debates. So much more exciting when you could be beheaded any moment!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 07, 2015, 02:33:45 pm »

Ava let out a wolfs-growl at the sight of the machine.
"Zomevun vorth fighting?"

She tossed the sap aside, taking her hammer into both hands. She pulled down her scarf and bit her finger, smearing the blood on the head of her hammer. The blood seem to crystallise and expand, spreading to form jagged red spikes on the maul, ignoring the words between Osirio and the priest.

Drop sap (free action).
Cast Blade of Blood as a swift action.
Charge, wielding hammer two-handed. 2d8+1d6+4 damage, +5 (+3+2) to hit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 07, 2015, 02:52:18 pm »

"Free will is no abomination. When we attempt to create life as the gods have we step into the realms not meant for us. If the gods had wanted levers and gears to make a man they would have given us levers and gears."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 07, 2015, 03:10:41 pm »

"Well, you should toss your weapon on the floor then, right? If the Gods wished us to use flail-weapons, they would have given us flails for hands!

It seems to me man was always intended to make tools he needed to survive. Is a construct anything, but a tool with thoughts? If it thinks and moves like a man? Well, one must think that all men are tools to some extent. It seems to me men are tools of the Gods, after all."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 07, 2015, 05:03:43 pm »

Ari couldn't remember the last thing that hadn't gone down with a quick surprise blow to the groin. He was terrified and horrified - mostly horrified though, at having to resort to that cheap cliched halfling - spit - trick of a sharp morningstar strike to the shin. Perhaps when they'd downed the beast he could detach its groin guard and take it for himself.

He noticed the elf and the priest rushing to his aid, jabbering about who knows what - it simply wasn't the time, unless they truly did not care for him, which he suspected was probably the case in any case - there was some kind of mechanical cannibal coming after very specifically him, and he was very much unready to be eaten alive.

He tried not to scream lest he awaken the accursed household.

"Goodgodsbeatthisfeckertopiecesmen-"

Morningstar to the shin!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 07, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »

"A flail is a tool. A construct is capable of thought. That is the difference."

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 52