Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58694 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2014, 04:20:20 pm »

"Anyway, time for us to be the going. Does anyone have healing for our Ava? Even Mountains can be worn down, eventually, you know.

Now-Osirio's Bold Men! are striding resolutely forward through the hard ships!"
He announces loudly, though to who, often only Osirio knows.

Often only Osirio.

Action: Stride Resolutely onward!

Also, pick up my bow from the ground...

Re-equipping my shield and flail.

+2 AC (Now 16)

"This demon will destroy the world. Even the gods fear him. No one will survive if he is summoned. We need to stop even the opportunity of him being summoned. I'm sorry captain, but I won't let this man live after this. The gods themselves dictate that this demon stay chained."

"Ahf! Are you sure this one is THAT bad? Perhaps he just has the losers book, that the winners wrote about him? If you lose, they never write good things about you." Osirio was genuinely curious, but absurdly glad Culpa has called him "Captain". Finally, his leadership was being recognized.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2014, 04:28:07 pm »

Ava shrugged.

"Vere you injured, Osirio? My own..."
She cast Cure Light Wounds on herself, barely feeling the frostbite fangs.
"No issue."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 16, 2014, 04:33:25 pm »

"Ah, no. The Rat-Dragons did not touch me, it is seeming." Osirio said, patting himself for wounds. He didn't find any, though his red silk coat was getting terribly dirty.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 16, 2014, 04:43:12 pm »

Ava shrugged.

"Vere you injured, Osirio? My own..."
She cast Cure Light Wounds on herself, barely feeling the frostbite fangs.
"No issue."
The cold spreads across you, though you hardly acknowledge it. [5 HEALTH RESTORED]

Also, I just noticed I haven't been awarding experience. The total so far comes up to 210 per player for both encounters.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 16, 2014, 04:51:08 pm »

Ava merely nodded in reply.

It was odd: in a way, she didn't want Osirio fighting. If he died, she had failed, and him fighting risked that. She did not like to fail. Her god would turn his face from her, and she would once again be the weak, worthless creature she was a child. On the other hand, a leader who did not fight was no leader at all, and he wouldn't be worth fighting for.

If he ever turned craven, she'd do him a favour and kill him. She supposed that would be a fair return.

She fell into step behind him, unlimbering her small shield again.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 16, 2014, 05:01:17 pm »

"The texts in both temples I've studied within have stated that he destroyed many millions of lives all around the world. Entire cities were destroyed as if they were made of wheat. It... I'd rather not take the risk."
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 16, 2014, 06:17:05 pm »

"Demons are scum anyway. Especially the spider ones. I say we kill the traitor and take our reward, and anything else of interest he has. Maybe extract information on any cult dealings he's in first."
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2014, 07:20:17 pm »

"We kill zhe traitor. But any decision vith demons is Osirio's."

In her head, Kostchtchie laughed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2014, 09:21:39 am »

"The texts in both temples I've studied within have stated that he destroyed many millions of lives all around the world. Entire cities were destroyed as if they were made of wheat. It... I'd rather not take the risk."

"Eh, the Risk and the Reward, huh?

Still, being there is no profit in the destruction of the world-most agree. Perhaps Osirio will think on this thing."

Osirio mulled, rubbing his chin and falling into a thoughtful silence.

He might have been a terrible person in most regards, but he wasn't mad enough to release something that would kill millions of people meaninglessly, either...of course, millions of common men died in wars as well, often for petty disputes over land, women, and flags-they didn't need Demons, only the swords and maces of other common men. What if such a force could force the world to a bitter peace, he mused? And what if Osirio could stand by such a force, and reap it's bounty...he might well allow such a thing. He knew Demons lied, however, and so did Gods. There was no sure things when dealing with beings of such power....but, Osirio was the sort who had decided long ago he would rather take a risk and fall, than die in his bed of old age. There was nothing but his Lady waiting at the end, no matter what he did. Why not aspire to greatness?

At the very least, however, Osirio would not allow such a being into the world....if he did not do it himself. He could not bear anyone else gaining so much power at his expense, likely to his own destruction. And that of his newfound friends. He was becoming fond of Ava, and he was beginning to become slightly...possessive, of her company. She was handy to have around.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2014, 07:16:43 pm »

"I suppose that will have to suffice for now... Do we have a plan to get out of here or find our employer? I've never met him myself." Culpa said with a sigh as he looked around the room for anything that may have been missed.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2014, 07:53:34 pm »

"I suppose that will have to suffice for now... Do we have a plan to get out of here or find our employer? I've never met him myself." Culpa said with a sigh as he looked around the room for anything that may have been missed.
A search reveals little of note. However, you do discover that what you previously took for tool marks on the sides of the caves are, in fact, small bits of some kind of writing.

Calling the party over, the draconic speakers confirm the language, and translate bits of it. Most of it is meaningless, just a seemingly random and meaningless collection of words, but a rare few runs make sense. A few of note are "May Aether take us before the Lords", "Praise be to Tolor", and "Aretrian is filled with Hell's Fire; tread not its streets."
The writing is far too fine and too grammatically correct to be made by kobolds.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:20:32 am by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2014, 08:01:20 am »

Ava waited while the others talked about the scratchings on the walls. She couldn't read to any great extent herself. Especially not dragon-tongue.

While the others stared at walls, she had sat cross-legged by a corpse, cleaning her hammer with another scrap of cloak torn from the body. The thought of the destruction of the world didn't faze her. If the world was so weak as to be destroyed, it deserved it. Strength was what mattered. She knew she was stronger than the others, but they had knowledge she neither knew nor cared about. She thought for a second, and rummaged through her pouch.

No rations. One of the kobolds must have got hungry. She would have sighed, if she was into showing emotion, and stood up, resting her hammer against her shoulder as normal.

"Are you finished staring at valls?"
she inquired.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2014, 09:15:35 am »

Osirio seems mildly interested.

"You know, it's likely the place we are standing was once a street of a sort-and those writings are graffito. Cities usually end up building over themselves, layer by layer, the old ways forming the foundations of the new ways...though, who can know what place this once was? It might not even have been called Aretrian.

I am done. Let us go."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 10:54:36 am by Dwarmin »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2014, 10:52:15 am »

Continue on. Be cautious.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2014, 11:01:42 am »

Continue on. Be cautious.

Osirio falls in smoothly beside her.

"Ah-Hungry, then? I could see you rummage. The Rat-Dragons did not eat my food, anyway." He says, hinting he's willing to share, without saying it.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 52