Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58680 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2014, 07:46:48 pm »

"... It seems we have different ideas of what constitutes a ranged weapon."
Ithy moves up and listens at the door (Take 10, +3).
You hear what seems to be a single voice, giving an apparent sermon. However, you can't make out any distinct words. It does seem to be Draconic, though.

Ari opens the door, giving it a small slam to unstick it, revealing seven kobolds bowing before an eighth, evidently in a religious ceremony. Around the center of the room is a dais, upon which stands the eighth. Another shrine to Tarulk sits in the room, and to the south, there's tunnel leading out Culpa fires his sling, aiming for the evident leader, burying the bullet into its temple, and it falls to the ground, dead. Osirio nocks an arrow, letting it loose at the leader too, though the arrow goes amiss.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2014, 09:30:00 pm »

Spot check on the remaining kobolds.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2014, 09:37:27 pm »

Charge and crush the nearest kobold!

((If I charge, I'll need everyone else to charge as well in their move after the surprise round. Or I'll get mobbed. ))
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2014, 01:29:44 am »

Start mumbling a chant to Inspire Courage and then charge and crush the next nearest kobold!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2014, 08:42:17 am »

"Hsst! *Ei syral car tal cor ei shaes..." Osirio swore, letting his bow drop to the ground.

"I am the one coming upon your left, My Ava!" He said, hoping she wouldn't backhand him into oblivion. The woman was no battlerager, but she didn't know how to fight as part of a team yet.

Action: Drop my bow and draw my Gusiarme along with my move action, as I move forward to hit Ava's target, or whichever I can. Stay at her side, though, and AoO anyone I can.

Attack: +3 to-hit, 2d4+3 damage

*A thousand rats can kill even a bear...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2014, 10:22:53 am »

"Well this is going well already." Culpa mumbled to himself as he ran forward roughly 30 feet "You have no chance! You should flee!" and with that he cast his remaining miracle of the day.

Move towards the Kobold six spaces and cast Bane (DC: 14 Will Negates) (-1 Attack rolls. -1 Penalty to Saving throws vs fear)
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2014, 09:26:27 pm »

Spot check on the remaining kobolds.
They are indeed kobolds, and there wouldn't be too much spectacular that you can see. No hidden 'bolds, no hidden weapons, no apparent traps...

Charge and crush the nearest kobold!

((If I charge, I'll need everyone else to charge as well in their move after the surprise round. Or I'll get mobbed. ))
The nearest kobold is charged and promptly crushed, with yet another explosion of blood. One makes a stab at you while you run past, though doesn't come anywhere near you.

Start mumbling a chant to Inspire Courage and then charge and crush the next nearest kobold!
You mumble the story of Finneaus the Rat-Slayer. It's a rousing epic about Finneaus's exploits in rats and the slaying thereof. You leave out the last few stanzas which detail his gruesome death at the hand of a rat swarm. Not great for morale, that.
The chant begun, you run to Ava's aid, though you don't quite make it.

"Well this is going well already." Culpa mumbled to himself as he ran forward roughly 30 feet "You have no chance! You should flee!" and with that he cast his remaining miracle of the day.

Move towards the Kobold six spaces and cast Bane (DC: 14 Will Negates) (-1 Attack rolls. -1 Penalty to Saving throws vs fear)
You approach the 'bolds, and attempt to intimidate them, weaving a bit of divine magic into your words. The targeted bold  doesn't resist the spell, and finds himself shaken up.

"Hsst! *Ei syral car tal cor ei shaes..." Osirio swore, letting his bow drop to the ground.

"I am the one coming upon your left, My Ava!" He said, hoping she wouldn't backhand him into oblivion. The woman was no battlerager, but she didn't know how to fight as part of a team yet.

Action: Drop my bow and draw my Gusiarme along with my move action, as I move forward to hit Ava's target, or whichever I can. Stay at her side, though, and AoO anyone I can.

Attack: +3 to-hit, 2d4+3 damage

*A thousand rats can kill even a bear...
You drop your bow, and draw your guisarme instead. You don't come close enough to hit any kobolds, but you're threatening a large area, and you  stand a decent chance of killing anything that draws near.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2014, 09:37:23 pm »

Move 1 square North, 3 squares East, 1 square South-East, 3 squares East (40 feet total).

"Plans! So useful!"
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2014, 03:34:47 pm »

Crush, crush, crush the kobold, violently into mush!

Come and die, rat dragons. My hammer hungers! Ava snarled, the fine red mist of kobold contrasted against the blue stone of her armour.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 11, 2014, 03:59:04 am »

"Mumble mumble plans? Mumble!"

Move North, North-East, East East, smack kobold in face! Keep chanting!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 11, 2014, 01:19:42 pm »

Move 1 square North, 3 squares East, 1 square South-East, 3 squares East (40 feet total).

"Plans! So useful!"
Ithy moves into position.

The kobolds begin to act; One skirts around the party member's reach and slips through the door to the south, closing it behind him. It seems to be made much better than the previous one. It's still not terribly sturdy looking, but the wood is only mildly rotten, and a few bands of dull, rusted iron reinforce it. You hear a thud behind it that can only be the barricading of the door. Another runs to the backside of Ava, skewering the flanked giant, though the hastened attack doesn't hit with much force [1 DAMAGE]. The one across from Ava tries to take advantage of her momentary wince, but his spear tip finds only stone.
Another runs around the 'bolds attacking Ava, and instead goes for Ari Cole. Osirio thrusts his guisarme, but the kobold anticipates it, and dodges easily. However, Ari manages to duck out of danger as well, as the stab sails over his head. Another makes a similar move, though targeting Ithy instead, and finds more success, though it's still only a small gash [1 DAMAGE]
For lack of a better target, the final 'bold joins the attack on Ava, though the only effect is slightly scuffing a few scales.

Crush, crush, crush the kobold, violently into mush!

Come and die, rat dragons. My hammer hungers! Ava snarled, the fine red mist of kobold contrasted against the blue stone of her armour.
The rat-dragon's pitiful attempts at a slaughter are over. Now it's time to begin the real one.
Ava hefts her maul over her head, and with a blood-thirsty grin, taunts the cowering beast. The beast, however, comes to his senses, and not an instant too soon. A large portion of the tail is sheared off, but the kobold itself comes off fine.

"Mumble mumble plans? Mumble!"

Move North, North-East, East East, smack kobold in face! Keep chanting!
Unfortunately, you can't go there because a kobold is already there. You content yourself with pulping him instead. His death is far less impressive than the others, though no less brutal. He survives the initial bludgeoning, if barely, but a quick kick to the head dispatches the creature.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 11, 2014, 01:39:27 pm »

Sling at the northernmost kobold.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 11, 2014, 02:31:51 pm »

Ah...

Ava felt the warmth of blood bloom from the backstab. It had gone in at an angle, avoiding the tower shield strapped to her back.

<You stabbed...> she growled in Giant.

She growled, but managed to keep her temper. Beneath the scarf, her teeth bared themselves in a grimace, but they slowly settled back into the normal emotionless mask.

Kill!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2014, 09:43:13 am »

Action: Move forward and poke the Kobold to the North of Ava, or South if it is dead.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2014, 11:12:37 am »

Sling at the northernmost kobold.
You try to fire a sling bullet at a kobold, but you release at the wrong time, and it sails to the north instead.

Action: Move forward and poke the Kobold to the North of Ava, or South if it is dead.
You step a few feet to the east, and using the momentum, thrust the polearm deep into the 'bold north of Ava. The blow strikes deep, skewering it's heart. In a moment of fury, you drag it up, carving more still of the 'bold. Finally, you yank the guisarme back, allowing the mutilated corpse to rest.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52