Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52

Author Topic: City of Aretrian - IC Thread  (Read 58651 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: City of Aretrian - IC Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2014, 04:29:27 am »

Move to a kobold and crush it. ((+3 to attack rolls/2d8+3 damage.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:19:22 am by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 09:35:52 am »

Osirio did not think was a good start to his Bold Men!

"Why are we fighting? It is being clear the rat-dragons want us to do so. Better to escape, then dance to an unhappy tune.

Is Osirio giving too much of the credit to his foes? Perhaps, but he has not lived by obliging them..."

Ithraeheste moves back over to the others, eyeing them all briefly before addressing Osirio.
"Speaking of assisting, the door is rusty. Do you have anything to grease the hinges?"

"Ah, he keeps a small bit of the oil, for lanterns and burning things. This one will being to distract them while you work, my darling?" He said charmingly, vaulting to his feet, his flail spinning in figure eights. He took a small bottle from his belt and tossed it to the person who was not a Drow, but maybe a friend.

Or, he would have hoped so.

"NOW BEING THE CHARGE OF OSIRIO'S BOLD MEN!" he announced, quite loudly. He hoped it would catch on to the other party members.

Action: Give one of my pints of lantern oil to Ithra/NotIthra.

Then, move to attack Culpa's target with my flail!

+3 to-hit, 1d8+2 damage

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:41:00 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 11:22:06 am »

Trapped by the others in the way, Ava was one of the last to move out of the cage.
"Avalanche. Not mountain. Mountains roar. Avalanches laugh." she said steadily to Ari, wondering why everyone seemed to get that wrong. Maybe the southron heat lulled their minds into dullness.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 11:35:31 am »

Osirio swiftly danced in front of the party, right behind Culpa, eager to impose his shield in the front of the battle.

Trapped by the others in the way, Ava was one of the last to move out of the cage.
"Avalanche. Not mountain. Mountains roar. Avalanches laugh." she said steadily to Ari, wondering why everyone seemed to get that wrong. Maybe the southron heat lulled their minds into dullness.

"We should call the little man the mumble of the dirt-mound...

At least, this one will be making sure to remember the Ava's exact geography, from now on. Osirio knows mountains are harmless unless you are going to them, because they don't move. The avalanches will be burying you, no matter how fast one can run.

How many Rat-Dragons do we bury today, Ava of the Lanche?"
He said with a knowing smile.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:37:33 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 11:52:56 am »

"No, Mountainous One, not Mountain. Different. We Sparrowbarrows call you tall folk Tall Ones. But if a tall folk is tall and grand, they are mountainous ones! It is not easy to be called so by a Sparrowbarrow, but if you are not accepting, I shall call you just Ava, and feel uncomfortable with the... closeness. Oh, and you call me how you like. I have so many names you'll probably get one of them! Some of them get more obliging answers, however..."

edit: image, eheheheh
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:10:05 pm by lawastooshort »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2014, 12:08:59 pm »

Osirio steps out of the cage, and makes a swing at the nearest kobold. The 'bold attempt to dodge, escaping the worst of the blow, but a stray spike skewers the temple, and the creature falls, dead. The remaining kobolds begin murmuring amongst themselves.

Spoiler: Yup, more Draconic (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2014, 12:11:25 pm »

"Tsk."
Ithy steps out of the cage to the North West, and attempts to impale the kobold in that direction with a rapier strike.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 12:30:33 pm »

"Then I see." Ava said, ignoring the illegible yapping of the 'bolds. "Then Mountainous One is acceptable."

She slammed her hammer against the bars. A resounding crash echoed through the room.
"And we bury the shattered forms of all."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2014, 08:15:43 am »

Osirio kicked the Kobold in the head, pulling out his flail from it's scaly brain and swinging it in patterns again.

"First killing is going to Osirio! He is already the boldest man, it is seeming."

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2014, 05:21:00 pm »

Culpa recovers from his daze induced by Ava's kick, and makes an attack at one of the 'bolds, though misses badly. Ithy corners her chosen prey, but it manages to narrowly avoid her stab nonetheless. She knows that it won't be so lucky next time. He does get lucky in that his spear catches the changeling in the arm, dealing a non-threatening (Though painful) wound [2 DAMAGE].

The kobolds to the west of the lava pool take a few steps back, and fire their slings. Two of the stones go sailing off, one managing to bury it in the fungus to the south, and though the third hits Culpa, it plinks off his armour, doing little more than scuffing it.  In a moment of panic, the kobold west of Osirio makes a desperate stab. Getting lucky, he punches through the armour, gouging through a large bit of flesh [5 DAMAGE].

Ari runs out, and makes the most of the fact that said kobold is now off balance. He swings his morningstar over his head, bringing it down squarely on the 'bold's forehead. The blow is extremely powerful, shattering its skull in a small explosion of gore.

Ava swings her maul, shattering the cage.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ASCII Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 03:32:44 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2014, 11:13:24 pm »

Culpa shakes his head. He never cared much for violence as a child, nor did he care much for it now. But now was his chance to prove to his god that he could fight in combat outside of a surprise rock to the skull. But where to be most useful? Well... he nearly fell back on his training as a priest of Hextor's brother and went to heal the elf. However, he knew that right now it might be better to destroy those who were plinking at them with stones. With a quick dash he found himself next to one of the kobolds with slings. "Pardon me." and with that he swung hard.

Move three left, politely smash the kobold to death. Or near death. Or at all would be lovely.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:16:02 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 01:04:55 am »

Ari sniggered to himself at the weakling's puny brain, and had a thought.

Move to the door/between the door and the kobolds, hopefully where I can also smash in another head at the same time. I.e. down/left 1, left 2 and then 1 left/up if appropriate by my turn.

edit: moved around :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:55:48 am by lawastooshort »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:38 am »

"Are your injuries severe, Osirio?" Ara asked, though her expression under the scarf never changed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 02:26:48 pm »

"Are your injuries severe, Osirio?" Ara asked, though her expression under the scarf never changed.

Osirio shakes his head, his cocky grin a bit strained. A small spot of blood is seen spreading beneath his red silk coat, but he doesn't seem to be slowed down much.

Osirio: 8/13 HP

"Osirio has been scratched by the rat-dragons through this cheap armor, but he is still being on his feet...more bad luck for them." He whooped, moving for more Kobold crushing-as he moved, his sword hand suddenly blossomed in a dark purple light, as if engulfed by a dark flame. The power sped out, paused over the Corpse of the Kobold that hurt Osi, then angrily flowing past Ithys like silk on a wind (it pauses there a moment, sniffing past her shoulder like an inquisitive hound) before streaming toward her target.

Action: Cast a Hex-Curse on the nearest Kobold to the North (ithys target), or the Kobold furthest North in the group of three across the lava, if it's already dead.

Then, join in on the attack with whatever Kobold I can reach, if any.
--
Attack: +3 to-hit, 1d8+2 damage

Hex: Will save Dc 15, or suffer -2 penalty on attacks, saves, ability checks, skill checks, and weapon damage rolls for 1 hour

« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 02:42:12 pm by Dwarmin »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 03:41:01 pm »

Ithy takes a 5-Foot-Step North and Attacks the Kobold.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 52