Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: no migrants  (Read 482 times)

Froggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
no migrants
« on: October 12, 2014, 11:43:55 am »

Got a decent fort up-and-running. had a dwarven caravan and an elven one come to trade at the depot. world history was short i think, or whichever one results in 125 years of history. the first year has now passed and it's just turned spring. i've yet to see any migrants but i like how this fort has gone so i'm reluctant to abandon it, if i wait it out is there a chance of migrants or should i abandon it?

rjs71053

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: no migrants
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 02:17:34 pm »

...just turned spring

I believe migrant waves always show up at the end of the season.  Wait until the game actually goes into Summer to worry about it.  It should inform you announcement wise if no migrants will be showing up that season.

That is, assuming you didn't mess with population cap.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 06:35:37 pm »

at my first fort in th new version I also got worried - I think migrants show up a bit later than before. Traveling time seems to kinda work properly now
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 04:28:29 am »

First-year migrants should show up if you allow them at all, and they would have shown up some time within their standard seasons (summer and autumn in the first year).

It's probably population cap - make sure [POPULATION_CAP] and [STRICT_POPULATION_CAP] (in ../data/init/d_init.txt) are set to actual positive numbers in the range you want to have.