Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640267 times)

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [18+/999 players] IC: T99: Losing is fun!
« Reply #5850 on: January 20, 2015, 08:04:15 am »

I send out my angel priests to do some scouting. They will put wards on themselves to protect against detection - optical(invisibility), magical, etc. - before going. Since a god is almost certainly behind this, they will be warded against divine sight as well.

I send one angel priest to the Bellatorus Headquarters. There, it will remove its optical ward and add some very strong protection wards. Then, it will attempt parley with the Merfolk (while behind a shield and decked in armour, of course).

Five will try to locate military leaders of the Merfolk invasion.

The other fifteen will stay with me until I can figure out something better to do with them.

I ask the angel priest I had stationed in Merfolk lands why he didn't report that the Merfolk were preparing an invasion. It takes months or even years to prepare a full-scale mobilisation of such a large army. Did he leave before mobilisation began?
Posting secret actions on IC will totally backfire if anyone sees...

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: January 20, 2015, 08:09:47 am »

(Secret actions? Why would I need to make any of those actions secret? Also, maybe we can get a visual representation of Merfolk territory via the old map we had of Keshan?)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: January 20, 2015, 08:27:37 am »

A Legendary +5 Armu crossbowman has fired off an estimated four hundred bolts in a minute. The Expert Mage of Darruth stacked the bolts neatly in five minutes. A Legendary +5 Darruthian battlemage specializing in rapid bolt-firing could not be found. Instead, a Legendary +5 mage who happens to like a game of stacking cups has come and stacked cups rapidly.

"Four hundred is much more then zero. I suppose that means I win?"

Numerous Wood Elf, Mountwyrm, Golem, Wolf person, Seraph-Cherub-Ophan, Night Elf, Human, and Luminee cities and Odolhirum have been struck by a sudden immense Merfolk invasion from marketplaces and graveyards. A large fraction of major Mountwyrm, Golem, Wolf person, Night Elf, Human, and Luminee cities are practically already conquered, and the remaining are suffering heavy losses and collateral damage. The Burning Days' castle has, in a twist of actual irony, been locked up, oiled, and torched with no survivors. The Sanatores' headquarters are currently under siege. Much priceless research data and prototypes from ISAY and the DSMS have been destroyed irretrievably.

"....Well, that was certainly unexpected."

Prepare the defenses for A-S-H cities. For the time being, trade will take place in guarded depots outside the main cities. Weapons must still be sold, after all.

(KJP, did you calculate the 30M Hovori? I don't think I should be at full essence, unless I have been gaining twenty a tick  ???)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: January 20, 2015, 10:08:28 am »

Anyone who knows a good reason for NOT boiling the oceans can say them now.

It will likely kill everything in the world..?

Depending on what you mean by "boil them off" it will either result in huge rainfalls everywhere, and great flooding, in the case of it remaining in the atmosphere, otherwise if it just disappears into non-existence there will be great drought everywhere, not enough rainfall to replenish whatever remaining stocks of water there are anywhere else, so everyone most likely dies of thirst, or starvation because they can't water crops or animals.

All in all, not a good idea.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: January 20, 2015, 10:45:48 am »

"It would possible destroy the world and kill of all others races that live in the oceans."

All Ice Titans are told to construct walls around as many Rani towns as they can. Ice Golem Saints are sent dreams warning them to have their people flee to Rani towns. The Shadow Raven Saints are sent dreams telling them to take their people and hide in the darkest spots of their forests. Rani Saints receive dreams warning them to establish a military and to be on high alert for Merfolk attacks.

"I would like to suggest that all gods who helped make the Merfolk come and help me talk some sense into them before this gets any worse."

Appear within the Merfolk capitol in the form of a massive Merman made of ice.

"Bring me your leader for I am the god Neron, who allowed you to survive the ice!"

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: January 20, 2015, 12:12:31 pm »

What. Even.
Maybe I should have started working on organizational stuff earlier... oh well.

Send Idris to investigate some of the larger Merfolk cities, disguised as one of them.
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: January 20, 2015, 12:15:21 pm »

There curently are three important questions that need to be answered.

First: Why would merfolk even want to conquer other races?
Second: Where did merfolk gain the numbers to overtake over eleven bilion other mortals?
Last: Where did they get enough equipment for their armies?

The most likely answer to all three of these is divine involvement, and as such merfolk themselves are most likely mostly innocent. As such, I apologise for my previous outburst and offer to boil away oceans.

Have my angels apear before Merfolk as a huge storm cloud (they can bring clouds with them since they don't weighth that much) and inquire why and how merfolk are launching this attack.

EDIT: It would look something like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 02:04:26 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #5857 on: January 20, 2015, 12:21:47 pm »

That would likely kill every single mortal. Maybe not immediately, but it would in the long term. In short, a bad idea.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: January 20, 2015, 02:09:26 pm »

"This is troubling."

The Mountwyrms Dwarves and Gem Dragons are told of the Merfolk army.

Azem appears in the Merfolk capital in the form of a massive Merman with emerald scales.

"I am Azem Goldfather, he who had a hand in your creation, please bring us your leader."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: January 20, 2015, 04:56:26 pm »

The most likely answer to all three of these is divine involvement, and as such merfolk themselves are most likely mostly innocent. As such, I apologise for my previous outburst and offer to boil away oceans.
"No, the Merfolk were made to be fully sapient. In the end, they could've chosen simply not to comply with the demands of whatever god put them up to this. If they were being threatened they could've prayed to the Council or to one of their patron gods. They chose to do what they did by choice and must be punished, just not in the way you entailed. To be honest, I care more for the fact that that they attacked my city more than anything, I'm otherwise indifferent to the mortals' attempts to conquer one-another."
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:07:50 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: January 20, 2015, 05:05:00 pm »

That is why I said MOSTLY innocent. Yes, even if a god was involved, they chose to conquer. On it's own I do not consider conquest evil, but they were rather destructiive. Yet I will take my own advice and atempt to find out details before dispensing judgement.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: January 20, 2015, 05:06:38 pm »

"If they need punishment, I'll be glad to help you."

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: January 20, 2015, 05:07:14 pm »

"Why can't merfolk be satisfied with their lot? I Propose that they suffer for all eternity!"

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: January 20, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »

If the guardians aren't already at this, propagate them to one fifth the population of the Sewa. Also I would like my Sewa to build their village up into an actual city and expand into having real farm lands and not home gardens, if need be there shall be 2E set as side to help them IF NEED BE. Also put 4E into my part of the pantheon
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: January 20, 2015, 05:11:30 pm »

"Cyrix, Do you wish to form a Pantheon? After all our spheres coincide."
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 475