Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640916 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T86: Deposition of Distress
« Reply #5070 on: January 06, 2015, 06:47:36 pm »

"Have you checked the Seal? Even if it is intact, do we know that Varee is still in there?"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: January 06, 2015, 06:54:28 pm »

"Have you checked the Seal? Even if it is intact, do we know that Varee is still in there?"

"Yes. He is still sealed. You are the murderer. You will not escape your punishment by pretending he did it."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: January 06, 2015, 06:58:08 pm »

"Yes. He is still sealed. You are the murderer. You will not escape your punishment by pretending he did it."
"This is sad. Do I need to prove I didn't do it again?

Furthermore, if you truly believe this, is it so hard to check?"
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: January 06, 2015, 07:05:10 pm »

"Yes, the answer was almost the same. This could mean that it was a separate God who did one of the plagues. As the first two had the same modus operendi, it is possible someone assumed the God of Hunger caused the first plague and wanted to get revenge in a similar manner. Or he could only be responsible for part of it, getting help from something else, from the Void to a mortal. It simply doesn't answer the question, and isn't even specific enough to grant any new information."
"I think Occam's Razor should apply here. What's more likely, that a single or multiple gods have conspired to kill scores of followers of other gods for no discernible reason or that the Lich - a powerful, angel-killing, god-hating necromancer - unleashed a few plagues on god-loving races closely associated with their deities?"
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:07:51 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: January 06, 2015, 07:07:57 pm »

"I think Occam's Razor should apply here. What's more likely, that multiple gods have conspired to kill scores of followers of other gods for no discernible reason or that the Lich - a powerful, angel-killing, god-hating necromancer - unleashed a few plagues on god-loving races closely associated with their deities."

"The Lich is weaker than you believe it is. It is completely incapable of doing something on such a large scale. A single one of my Angels is quite able to defeat it in single combat. Aside from that, the Lich is a servant of a God. You seem to have hinted that you know more about it than that..."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: January 06, 2015, 07:12:30 pm »

"This Lich is centuries old by now and has probably had a lot of time to come up with such a plague. With the help of some of her own followers it's not out of the question that she'd be able to unleash such powerful plagues after every few Ticks. The price for the truth of the Lich is 5 Essence. I thought about taking it down to 3 Essence or just 1 in this time of crisis but then I remembered that you're VOTING TO TAKE MY SPHERES AWAY."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: January 06, 2015, 07:21:14 pm »

"This Lich is centuries old by now and has probably had a lot of time to come up with such a plague. With the help of some of her own followers it's not out of the question that she'd be able to unleash such powerful plagues after every few Ticks. The price for the truth of the Lich is 5 Essence. I thought about taking it down to 3 Essence or just 1 in this time of crisis but then I remembered that you're VOTING TO TAKE MY SPHERES AWAY."
"I'll buy it for 3 essence. I opposed that proposal. Let us discuss this away from Fusil."
Pays 3 essence to his informant.

((OOC: PM me))
Retired/Extended Sigs

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: January 06, 2015, 07:58:16 pm »

"Grauel do you wish to attend my feast, It should prove quite the challenge for my followers to Satisfy the God of Hunger himself."

Haha, indeed. Considering I am infinitely hungry and you are the god of satisfaction, it would be rather interesting.

Attend the feast and eat any worthy offerings provided.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: January 06, 2015, 07:59:18 pm »

"Haha! That's some very useful information. Thanks very much, Malakath.*snooty laugh*

Support 85.00 and 85.01
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:03:34 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: January 06, 2015, 08:05:18 pm »

Malakath: Most of the royal families are hesitant to give so much power over their kingdoms to any god at all. A few accept, but only for non-heirs to be raised far away from the throne.
They consciously plan for their unborn child to be raised away from the place where they would do the most good. Unwise, really, but still, I grant one such family a Magical Child, to be recognised by a colourful mark on the back of their left hand. Who is the child born to, on what planet, what gender are they, and what sphere do they influence? The sphere will never be anything associated with the Void and it won't be one already covered by a god.

EDIT: "Bad" spheres like cannibalism and corruption will obviously be exempt, as will anything that relates to states of maturity (children, adults, etc.) and relationships (siblings, lovers, etc.)....friendship excluded.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:19:11 pm by Andres »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: January 06, 2015, 08:42:08 pm »

"It was so peaceful for awhile there..."

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: January 06, 2015, 08:47:42 pm »

"It was so peaceful for awhile there..."
It's a shame Fusil got his voice back. Should we go back on that?
Retired/Extended Sigs

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: January 06, 2015, 09:06:42 pm »

"We shouldn't. It's tempting, but we shouldn't."

"Looking back on Council records, at the first discussions shaped by the gods of Honor and Treachery, it surprises me how...reasonable, Fusil was back then."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: January 06, 2015, 09:24:24 pm »

Fortuna

Oppose 85.04 (or whatever one is changing Malakath's spheres, however amusing that might be...)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: January 06, 2015, 09:43:41 pm »

And now, for the next few bits...

Make some of the flying cities, with the protective Obelisk lattices surrounding them. They are far more mobile than the others, as you might imagine.
Make all the cities of my followers the living cities, and mildly self-aware(aligned to Good and limited power, as said in the OOC).
Hopefully do these with Khaziraad's and Azem's help.

The Second Grand Awakening shall begin! Goodness and missionaries proclaiming the cause of Darruth, aided by their newfound widespread magic and mobile bases of operation shall carry the Glory of Goodness to the ends of the world!

Manifest a portion of myself (slowly, so as not to startle overmuch anyone; I should be in continuous contact with my priests(from my perspective of continuous) to make sure my actions don't come as a complete surprise when it comes to the mortals, in fact) in the Grand Cathedral(remember that?) to answer questions and pilgrims to come there. It will take the form of a great mobile statue, a brightly glowing orb in the center, reminiscent of an eye while many pairs of hands (one can never be quite sure of which race...), each consisting of one that seems to naturally curl into a fist, and the other which naturally opens in welcome, float around it, and an oblong spheroid(think mostly- flattened sphere) hangs below them, seeming to gyrate. The entire thing is surrounded by moving stone hoops, placed within another and rotating in a similar fashion to gyroscopes, save that there are five, each carved with a different style of decoration along the entire length; chains, ivy, flame, eyes, and interwoven lines/rope(for the last think celtic knotwork/geometric patterns). This shall be my Avatar, and it shall, in fact, assist in running the Grand Cathedral, being capable of seeing everything within it and a ways out. Lesser Avatars shall also manifest in lesser Cathedrals, Churches, Shrines, etc. The power of an Avatar is linked to the number of Rings it has; five is the highest, of which there is only one, and the only one with a ring carved with eyes. The smallest, with only one Ring, have only the Ivy Ring, and the number of pairs of hands each Avatar has is linked to the number of rings; cube the number of rings for how many hands it has in total, and square the number of rings for how many hands it can hold within the diameter of the Rings easily(without it becoming crowded and in the way; helps figure out the size). Yes, this means the single Ring Avatars have only only pair of hands, while the High Avatar has 125. If this takes too much essence(as in, more than around 8-10), don't do it. Yet.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 475