Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640294 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T85: Distilled Fear
« Reply #5025 on: January 06, 2015, 02:29:56 am »

*Shakes head and continues face-tentacle palming*
"This is getting silly. Stop the charades and just talk to us! It's really easy, just look at what everyone else is doing! Start by saying your name. Fu. Sil. Fu-sil. Fusil. Now it's your turn."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: January 06, 2015, 02:34:04 am »

79.05: Silence Fusil permanently

:-X
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: January 06, 2015, 02:44:09 am »

*Shakes head and continues face-tentacle palming*
"This is getting silly. Stop the charades and just talk to us! It's really easy, just look at what everyone else is doing! Start by saying your name. Fu. Sil. Fu-sil. Fusil. Now it's your turn."
Propose changing Malkaths spheres to "greed" and "bad decisions".
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: January 06, 2015, 02:52:02 am »

:-X
"Don't be shy! We're your friends! You can talk in front of us."

"That's a bit random. Oppose."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: January 06, 2015, 02:55:13 am »

*Thumbs up*

"Don't be shy! We're your friends! You can talk in front of us."

*Thumbs down* :-X ::) :-X

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: January 06, 2015, 02:57:54 am »

"Alright then, I've had my fun. I guess I'll stop now."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: January 06, 2015, 02:59:52 am »

"There are silent methods of communication other than vague charades." "Text, for example."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: January 06, 2015, 03:03:52 am »

"There are silent methods of communication other than vague charades." "Text, for example."

I am fairly certain that council law is above such loopholes. Otherwise, Fusil would had sent Tykki to speak for him.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: January 06, 2015, 03:11:07 am »

"Why doesn't she just sit on the golden throne?"

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [16+/999 players] IC: T86: Deposition of Distress
« Reply #5034 on: January 06, 2015, 05:58:14 am »

Tick 86: Deposition of Distress

Fusil has been unsilenced. Despite some grave predictions about Fusil's next favored communication method (a shower of metal pellets), there have been no random shootings of significance.

The Dwarves have been permitted to practice Malakath-worship through the spilling of blood in military situations. They have also been granted access to a berserk state. Despite an offer of power over magma, they have invariably refused to allow High Priests of Malakath to crown their royalty.

(Malakath: +1E (not sure what happened). Darruth: +6E (wrong operation, most likely). This illustrates the importance of checking Essence totals.)

Kli has attempted to rebalance the Slythan sun with modest success.

Melyssa:
"But is there not a certain beauty in pain?"
"Emeralds. All the emeralds."
"My doors are not sharp enough! I must go!"

The Virtue angels still think they have not yet gained enough Essence to make a decent gift. Perhaps they will simply bestow their gifts within the next 3 ticks regardless of how much they manage to accumulate.

KI'Tork has gone around performing miracles to gain followers, but this seems to be growing steadily less successful.

Fortuna has reinforced some superstitions about his name in person and extended them beyond their existing scopes. Many have begun the construction of temples to Fortuna in the hopes of appeasing him.

Khaziraad has written and magically signed a letter of approval of the inventor of the golem heart with an inbuilt pump. The Golem smiths are less than amused but restore the inventor and begin testing various usable fuels.

Two of the Lords of Hunger are currently leading a campaign to remove an invasive, non-native species of bat from Human lands. One is currently making amusing patterns in fields by eating rings of the crops. Another one has gone far to the north and begun devouring ice.

KI'Tork has encouraged the co-worship of Melyssa among his more sadistic worshippers with some success and the co-worship of Neron especially among the followers partial to making cold desserts. Neron has reciprocated and encouraged the co-worship of Kl'Tork.

KI'Tork: Warning: Creating a large sun of the description provided will cost a remainder of 17-18E (after Khaziraad's donation), likely killing you. Would you like to continue?

Neron has created a massive planet of ice and snow enveloped by a perpetual snowstorm. It possesses an ice ring and contains Blue Fire, a potent healing agent and power source.

Darruth has initiated the construction of a floating city's Obelisk defnese network with Khaziraad and Azem's assistance and expanded the available range of Divine magic for Darruthians.

(Isn't GMan a bit of an unfortunate abbreviation rife with potential ambiguity? :P)

KI'Tork has attempted to read the notes using kitchen-vision. It seems there is a burnt pineapple somewhere.

60/70 of Khaziraad's dead angels have revived so far.

This update's constellations are the Dragon and Candle. Solar activity continues to be extremely high for Slytha's sun. The (mundane) Slythan aurora can be seen nearly halfway to the equator (55$\degree$)

(KI'Tork: -1E, Neron: -5E, KI'Tork: +5E, Neron: -17E, Darruth: -1E, Khaziraad: -1E, Azem: -1E, Khaziraad: -5E)

Spoiler: Lawmode (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (6) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (5) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Trees, Hospitality, Earth, and Strength. Opposing sphere ideas this tick are Magma and Implosions.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: January 06, 2015, 06:29:26 am »

"Let me start off by saying IF YOU ABSOLUTE MORONS EVER TRY ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN I WILL BREAK YOUR EVERYTHING. I WILL CHOP YOU APART WITH A CONSTANT STREAM OF HOT LEAD AND TURN YOUR CORPSES INTO MY OWN PERSONAL SOLAR SYSTEM THAT I WILL PROCEED TO DESTROY IN NUCLEAR FIRE WHICH WILL BE THROWN OUT OF THE BUBBLE WITH MORE EXPLOSIVES THAN YOUR TINY MINDS CAN COMPREHEND! EVERYONE WHO VOTED YES TO IT IS NOW OFFICIALLY ON MY LIST! If anyone even jokes about silencing me again, Tykki is authorized to shoot. You MORONS even managed to do it in a time of crisis, when everyone knows I am the only one who knows how to handle them properly.

Now to the meat of the argument, before you make a mistake with the magic system. As I am apparently the only one to PICK UP A BOOK (Or, failing that, know what the word "Book" is in sign language) to figure out what Magic really is. All of this is compiled in my RESEARCH NOTES that I waved around in your face with none of you even subtly understanding my meaning.

As of right now, there is no such thing as "mana". I do not know why the God of Blood thinks there is. There never was in our bubble. Currently, all magic is powered by the user's soul. Every sapient and non-sapient has a soul, so making sapience somehow produce whatever "mana" is will not asst them in that. If anything, it would be an expensive waste of essence. Non-magic users are apparently incapable of taping into the source, even when powered by an outside source. What this means is, essentially, everyone contains the potential "ammunition" of magic. Not everyone is able to "shoot" this ammunition, for reasons I have not bothered to research. Flooding the people who cannot shoot with more ammunition is useless, like trying to load a broom stick.

I don't know why the MORONS think I have had a problem with magic. Did they grow even duller while I was away? Currently, two of the most magically aligned races where my creations. I have millions of armories filled with magical weaponry. In my research, I even found a way to significantly improve magic, making it both cheaper and safer for my own followers. The work is classified, as much of it is currently being used for defense. I have no problem with my followers having magic, I know it could never replace weaponry. All mortals having magic, however, would not be significantly different from what is currently going on. I do think you should talk about the potential consequences of this, seeing as NONE OF YOU IDIOTS EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT MAGIC IS. In all technicality, the current use of invoking the Void is functionally Eldrich magic.

In conclusion, while making all sapients capable of casting magic is potentially a good idea, we should actually talk about it before going forth. Especially seeing as none of you know a single thing about magic. I am, however, completely against having sapients somehow produce "mana", which is currently not used in any form of magic. At best, it is pointless, and at worst devastating in ways you do not understand."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: January 06, 2015, 07:08:16 am »

(Ok so here's what happened: I played a kind of minigame with KJP a long time ago (around November 4) where I took control of a group of adventurers on Azem's Island of Death. All of them were definitely using mana. I'd show proof of such events but for some reason, all messages I got from KJP relating to the minigame are gone. The messages I sent to him about it are still there but they don't mention mana. The point is that KJP put mana in a Ye Gods minigame and that's why I thought there was mana.)

"Now to the meat of the argument, before you make a mistake with the magic system. As I am apparently the only one to PICK UP A BOOK (Or, failing that, know what the word "Book" is in sign language) to figure out what Magic really is. All of this is compiled in my RESEARCH NOTES that I waved around in your face with none of you even subtly understanding my meaning."
"So what was with the water and the clapping?"

"Every sapient and non-sapient has a soul"
"This is news to me, ironically. I'd known that all sentient/non-sapients had souls, but I was under the impression that non-sentients were completely without one."

"Not everyone is able to "shoot" this ammunition, for reasons I have not bothered to research."
"I did, though. A long time ago when the world was new the elder gods were voting on the allowance of magic, started by Cim who voted that mortals should not have access to any magic at all. It was eventually decided that the number of magic-users would be artificially limited. THAT is why some people are born with magic and others aren't. Therefore, I oppose my proposal that would have apparently CREATED mana as concept. Instead, I propose that we lift the limitation placed by the elders so long ago in the Fourth Tick."

I offer the royal families of all non-Human races that reproduce sexually a deal (Armu and Seppo are exempted, if they even reproduce like that). If they agree, their next child will be marked by me. They will gain enormous personal power - equal to an angel priest, influence over a single sphere, and greatness in their chosen profession. If the child is the heir to the throne, they will be a great ruler. If not, then they shall be loyal to their ruling sibling or parent and serve them faithfully, becoming a great steward of the land, general, scientist, or whatever other profession that would help their nation. In exchange for such a large gift of power, the child will be devoted to Lady Lecta. That is the only request in exchange for their child becoming Magical.

Mortals are informed that the gods are talking and that soon, ALL mortals will have access to magic.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 07:15:06 am by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: January 06, 2015, 07:39:48 am »

(Ok so here's what happened: I played a kind of minigame with KJP a long time ago (around November 4) where I took control of a group of adventurers on Azem's Island of Death. All of them were definitely using mana. I'd show proof of such events but for some reason, all messages I got from KJP relating to the minigame are gone. The messages I sent to him about it are still there but they don't mention mana. The point is that KJP put mana in a Ye Gods minigame and that's why I thought there was mana.)

(The mortals are stupid mortals. Stupid mortals are stupid! My experiments prove that soustuff powers magic. The second alternative was kitchens, and I am pretty sure that isn't right.)

"So what was with the water and the clapping?"

"It is sign language for 'book'. You see, because it looks like you are opening and closing a book. How can you not get that!?"

"This is news to me, ironically. I'd known that all sentient/non-sapients had souls, but I was under the impression that non-sentients were completely without one."

"I can't remember what I said. Every living thing has a soul, assuming it isn't a plant or something. So every animal has a soul. If I said anything else, I must have been partially blinded by the PURE RAGE SHEATHING FROM MY BODY!"

"I did, though. A long time ago when the world was new the elder gods were voting on the allowance of magic, started by Cim who voted that mortals should not have access to any magic at all. It was eventually decided that the number of magic-users would be artificially limited. THAT is why some people are born with magic and others aren't. Therefore, I oppose my proposal that would have apparently CREATED mana as concept. Instead, I propose that we lift the limitation placed by the elders so long ago in the Fourth Tick."

"I do not remember that...What I remember has something to do with magic being tied to the stars. That never seemed to happen, the constellations ended up being separate from the sky. Cim had opposed it, but he was the only one. Everyone else fully supported it, without limitations. Unless Cim played a trick on the rest of us, we hadn't installed any limitations."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [12/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #5038 on: January 06, 2015, 08:11:59 am »

"I can't remember what I said. Every living thing has a soul, assuming it isn't a plant or something. So every animal has a soul. If I said anything else, I must have been partially blinded by the PURE RAGE SHEATHING FROM MY BODY!"
"You said that non-sapients have souls. The confusion arose from the fact that there are TWO types of living beings that are non-sapient: sentients and non-sentients. Sentients are not capable of worship but have free will. Non-sentients are neither capable of worship nor have free will."

"I do not remember that...What I remember has something to do with magic being tied to the stars. That never seemed to happen, the constellations ended up being separate from the sky. Cim had opposed it, but he was the only one. Everyone else fully supported it, without limitations. Unless Cim played a trick on the rest of us, we hadn't installed any limitations."
03.07.a: Focus on magic through gods, ban secular magic for mortals (1-7/12) [FAILED]
+1 from Cim
0 from Fusil, Kli
-7 from Anath, Azem, Serac, Varee, The Light, Khaziraad, Grauel
03.07.b: Allow magic for mortals at least in a limited amount (8-1/12)
+8 from Anath, Azem, Serac, Varee, Grauel, Kli , The Light, Khaziraad
-1 from Cim
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:14:35 am by Andres »

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: January 06, 2015, 09:50:59 am »

Support 85.04
Oppose everything else.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 475