Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640219 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T83: Dissolve the Opposition?
« Reply #4890 on: January 03, 2015, 03:41:26 pm »

So I'm curious, Quéßäre. Other than misleading someone with only partial truths or omission, what sort of deception is not some sort of lie?

((Sidenote: Why'd ya have to go and make your name so hard to type? I end up just copy/pasting it anytime I have to say it. >.> :P))
"I mostly meant omissions and partial truths, but if you can find another thing that fits, please tell me."
((I'm sorry. The ß is cooler than just a b, and the accent marks are a deception for pronunciation.))
"One can tell the whole truth, but have the other assume it a lie, causing him to deceive himself."

((I just type it as "Kaybar", because that is apparently the correct pronunciation, despite the accents implying otherwise.))
"Yep, that's one."
((Those accents are a deception, aren't they?))
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 03:45:08 pm by Quartz_Mace »
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: January 03, 2015, 03:41:42 pm »

Quéßäre - God of deception and guile, mostly refered to by title because name contains three letters that are not on your average keyboard. Can never be trusted, even when it comes to lying.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: January 03, 2015, 04:11:07 pm »

Ah. Causing one to deceive themselves. I think, of them all, I like that one the most. My apologies for having offended you some time ago by calling you the Lord of Lies. Although, I believe all lies are deception, even if it is not true in reverse...what would you prefer as a title, then? Your name is rather...difficult...to pronounce...

Also, though you don't have to tell me and indeed I suspect you won't as that would possibly defeat the point of it, may I ask what deceptions are not permitted, according to your code?

Finally, on a somewhat different topic, does anyone know what becoming part of a Pantheon actually does?

Alright, so maybe not so finally, but I would ask Khaziraad, Azem, and Joha if they would be willing to assist me with some things. I feel that we've all been on more or less good terms for the time I've been around, even if Joha doesn't talk much. I would ask Cim, but...I have a feeling he'd rather go alone, and the favors I ask have little to do with his sphere.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: January 03, 2015, 04:25:49 pm »

"Don't be afraid to ask for my help. Talk is cheap."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: January 03, 2015, 04:35:20 pm »

Ah. Causing one to deceive themselves. I think, of them all, I like that one the most. My apologies for having offended you some time ago by calling you the Lord of Lies. Although, I believe all lies are deception, even if it is not true in reverse...what would you prefer as a title, then? Your name is rather...difficult...to pronounce...

Also, though you don't have to tell me and indeed I suspect you won't as that would possibly defeat the point of it, may I ask what deceptions are not permitted, according to your code?

Finally, on a somewhat different topic, does anyone know what becoming part of a Pantheon actually does?

Alright, so maybe not so finally, but I would ask Khaziraad, Azem, and Joha if they would be willing to assist me with some things. I feel that we've all been on more or less good terms for the time I've been around, even if Joha doesn't talk much. I would ask Cim, but...I have a feeling he'd rather go alone, and the favors I ask have little to do with his sphere.

"It's okay. We've all said bad things in the heat of the moment.

The lies I wouldn't permit are usually things done to kill someone. Like "Eat this, I've tested it and know it's safe," when it's poisoned. There are exceptions to this rule, like oh, he's a dictator trying to kill my family or some such. Basically, if the lie is meant to accomplish something evil, I wouldn't permit it."
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: January 03, 2015, 04:38:07 pm »

I'm always interested in joint projects.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: January 03, 2015, 04:51:07 pm »

79.05: Silence Fusil permanently (5-3/15) [PASSED]
+5 from Quéßäre, Azem, Melyssa, Joha, Malakath
0 from 7 others
-3 from Grauel, Fusil, Khaziraad

Tick 83, the day when stupidity took form of a cork in Fusils throath. Why the hell did anyone even vote for this?

Propose that Fusil is unsilenced.
My Gods! That actually passed! I know I was the one who started it, but this is Fusil. If he can't communicate through talking, he's going to communicate by killing stuff. Still, he has a lesson to learn.
Propose we give Fusil his voice back in 4 Ticks.
+1

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: January 03, 2015, 05:36:04 pm »

"Don't be afraid to ask for my help. Talk is cheap."
Actually, I was trying to be polite...to be honest, I'm not entirely sure I should trust you. I know I can; I obviously have in the past, what with the Justiciars, but you're powerful enough, secretive enough, and either cunning or paranoid enough that I can see you putting backdoors into anything I helped you make that didn't benefit you in some way. Plus, I really have very little idea what your goals really are, and so while Khaziraad and Joha, for example, would be helpful to me, and have some interest in helping me, I would be forced to be somewhat more wary of you. My apologies for being so blunt. If I had some way to be sure...ensuring my creations are organized and able to cooperate is certainly beneficial, and something you might be able to help with, but I'm sorry, Cim. I don't mean to insult you; quite the opposite, really. If I had a way to be sure I could trust you, then I would gladly ask for your help, but to ask you to provide assurances when I'm the one asking for your aid? Well, it's a bit silly through and through, now isn't it?

Essentially, Khaziraad, I have several ideas and I think you'd be a great help with all of them, and have some interest in at least two of them. I'd like to make the cities of Good more defensible, in case of another stoNe meN incident, and would thus like to create a ring, or perhaps a geometric Grid, of protective Obelisks around them, possibly as part of a wall. I'd also like to create some floating cities, with skyscrapers that go both ways, and can travel. Floating Obelisks in a grid pattern surrounding the city could keep them safe from potentially catastrophic damage. As well, this could encourage trade, which might entice Azem to help, but mostly I wanted his assistance in seeing how I could improve the economies of my followers, and their standards of living. Finally, I wanted to try and make my followers cities alive, to a certain extent; responsive to the needs of it's occupants, and growing to accommodate them; to have a degree of sapience or sentience, even, possibly. It would certainly assist in organizing defenses and allowing government to run more smoothly, so long as it was kept in check...perhaps Cim's expertise would come in handy after all...Hmmm...anyway. Thus why I would ask for both your and Joha's help. I was also hoping Joha might be interesting in aiding me propagate my followers somewhat, though I feel that might be a bit far-fetched to hope for.

In return for aid, although these would all cost me Essence, of course, and so I might be unable to return the favor in that sense, I would be willing to aid you with projects that you feel my help would come in handy for, or owe you a favor.

Also, to those of you wishing to 'teach Fusil a lesson'; all delaying his speech will do is enrage him, and while he may bluster and boast, it is not unbacked by force, and if he is truly angry, he will grind you into dust unless stopped. The council may attempt to punish him afterwards or stop him mid-attempt, but that is no assurance, and punishment will not bring you back to life. Besides which, the very fact that it passed is a lesson in itself, that display how many gods are upset enough with him to wish to do so. Making it last several Ticks is worse than pointless; he will already be furious. I would personally rather not upset him further at this juncture; the last conflict I had with him resulted in the loss of my Arkanjel, and I have no wish to repeat that scenario, regardless of the cause.

Oppose 80.00
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 06:20:03 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: January 03, 2015, 07:06:27 pm »

Send a few glass spiders to observe the place where town used to be in case monsters (re)spawn.
No point in sending my Wyrm then. I do not send my Wyrm.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: January 03, 2015, 08:27:56 pm »

"You're right."
Cancel my proposal.
Support giving Fusil his voice back NOW.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: January 03, 2015, 09:27:45 pm »

"I had honestly forgotten about that proposal. But yes, lets give Fusil his voice back before he breaks something."

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: January 03, 2015, 10:25:38 pm »

Support giving Fusil his voice back, before he tries to kill us all.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: January 04, 2015, 12:19:29 am »

Listen to the prayers of the Luminee.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: January 04, 2015, 01:32:50 am »

Listens to prayers.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: January 04, 2015, 02:45:28 am »

Support giving Fusil's voice back.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 475