Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640048 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [14+/999 players] IC: T81: The Ice of Stalemates
« Reply #4800 on: December 31, 2014, 10:39:36 am »

Melyssa builds a big city for the Flagellants entirely out of emerald and copper.

Prayer 1: "If the person with the information you require does not want to talk after being tortured, you can always try to torture their loved ones in front of them. Most of them will break very soon"

Prayer 2: "That looks rather painful... Keep up the good work!"

Prayer 3: "Short and fleshy creatures? What are you talking about?"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: December 31, 2014, 11:24:33 am »

I would advise against giving that advice, Melyssa. The bit about torturing loved ones.

It will likely result in my slaying of your followers as a means of preventing such cruelty.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: December 31, 2014, 12:43:50 pm »

So many proposals...
80.04 - Oppose
80.05.2 - Support
80.05.3 - Support
80.07 - Oppose
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #4803 on: December 31, 2014, 12:55:23 pm »

Holy one: An old priest who died while sleeping one day
"Can I play cards now?"
Okay, good. Burning of dead is encouraged, as is feeding The Lunagee.

If you want!
Open a portal to my realm near that worshiper.

Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: December 31, 2014, 01:01:23 pm »

"Atropos do you want to start a pantheon?"

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: December 31, 2014, 03:19:45 pm »

80.02.4: As above but for 4 ticks (2-0/14) [IMMINENT PASS] Support
+2 from Malakath, Cim
0 from 13 others

80.03: Destroy all Void things save texts (1-0/14) <?> [IMMINENT PASS] Oppose For the same reason as last time it was proposed with only slightly different wording. ::)

80.04: Weight price contributions to proposals as follows: S/A/O 2/1/0 (1-1/14) Oppose Only supporters should have to pay. Most proposals are ones I couldn't care less about and I have no intention to pay if I forget to oppose.

80.05.2: Proposals require seconding by two other gods to pass (4-2/14) [IMMINENT PASS] Support The council should be a means for groups to work together. Not for single gods to sneak in things no one wants.

80.05.3: Proposals require seconding by three other gods to pass (2-0/14) Abstain I don't care as long as it's at least two others.

80.05.1: Proposals require seconding by one other god to pass (3-2/14) [IMMINENT PASS] Oppose Definitely more than one other god.

80.06: Resolve proposals at tick n+3 at the earliest (2-0/14) [IMMINENT PASS] Abstain I don't care but it seems redundant if at least two other gods are necessary to pass something.

Propose that the strength of a proposal is directly linked to the ratio of supporters vs opposers and the amount of essence invested by supporters. I dislike that a proposal that barely passes should be as effective as a proposal with strong support and I also want the people who propose and support things to really be invested in the proposals. Proposals should not just be a method of sneaking in what you want in a way that affects everyone or an easy manner of spending less essence. It should be a way for gods with ideas they really believe in to try and garner support from everyone to improve things and the effectiveness of this should be directly linked to how much they and others are willing to invest and support the idea.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: December 31, 2014, 03:45:41 pm »

Propose that the strength of a proposal is directly linked to the ratio of supporters vs opposers and the amount of essence invested by supporters.
"That is already the case. This proposal is obsolete, unless you mean to increase the link."

((We can't see all the numbers, but they are there. I trust KJP on this matter.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: December 31, 2014, 04:16:07 pm »

If true and considerably relevant then consider my proposal retracted. Otherwise, I'll let it stand.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: December 31, 2014, 04:37:10 pm »

80.03 Oppose
80.02 Support
80.05.2 Support
Abstain everything else.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: December 31, 2014, 05:37:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(This format is superb. I can see what you're supporting, opposing, or abstaining on without having to keep another tab open to see what those proposal numbers mean.)
Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)

80.03: Destroy all Void things save texts (1-0/14) <?> [IMMINENT PASS] Oppose For the same reason as last time it was proposed with only slightly different wording. ::)
"It isn't slightly different wording. Passing this proposal means that we get to keep all available information on the Void but any monuments and temples that serve nothing but to strengthen the Void are destroyed. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want that."

Propose that the strength of a proposal is directly linked to the ratio of supporters vs opposers and the amount of essence invested by supporters. I dislike that a proposal that barely passes should be as effective as a proposal with strong support and I also want the people who propose and support things to really be invested in the proposals. Proposals should not just be a method of sneaking in what you want in a way that affects everyone or an easy manner of spending less essence. It should be a way for gods with ideas they really believe in to try and garner support from everyone to improve things and the effectiveness of this should be directly linked to how much they and others are willing to invest and support the idea.
Oppose. "Recent proposals should curb the "sneaking in" of proposals well enough. Having this proposal would only serve to further weaken the gods. With the Council, even a small group of gods can effectively fight against the Void in some respect. Without it, even their powers combined can be easily vetoed. If other gods don't want these proposals to pass, then they have merely to oppose them. (This argument relies on some of the anti-exploit proposals being passed.) At some point, it's not other gods "sneaking in" proposals, it's just you (you in general) being lazy."

I tell all sapients about Soul Items and to seek a Malakathian priest for advice on how best to connect with their Item.

I send one of my angel priests to Muma to facilitate glorious revolution, one angel priest to each Dwarven and Night Elf capital on both worlds, one to each Raksha capital, one to to each Star Dragon capital(they live close to Night Elves, right?), and one to each Merperson capital. I create four more angel priests and send them to the Human and Wood Elf capitals. I created the Nature Spirits so maybe the Wood Elves will like me more? They're both into the protection of nature, after all, and I designed the Nature Spirits to be not-assholes.

Butterfly effect:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(I'd like the above to be free because of the butterfly effect but I'm willing to spend Essence on it if I have to.)

I start energy-blasting the Spooky City. "Anyone interested in helping?"

Propose that I gain the official Council title of Arbiter of Magic. Basically, while gods are free to define and argue about how magic works as much as they want, it'll be my job to mediate these and standardise them and I will ultimately have final say over these things. It will also be my job to classify and categorise new magic systems (what attunements they fall under, for example) to make them easier for gods and mortals (and the GM) to understand and work with. (This is going off of the GM's earlier request for gods to start making themselves chairmen of certain stuff like security and skyfeatures.)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:54:58 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: December 31, 2014, 05:55:11 pm »

Propose that I gain the official Council title of Arbiter of Magic. Basically, while gods are free to define and argue about how magic works as much as they want, it'll be my job to mediate these and standardise them and I will ultimately have final say over these things. It will also be my job to classify and categorise new magic systems (what attunements they fall under, for example) to make them easier for gods and mortals (and the GM) to understand and work with.

"Oppose. Why would we let you have all control over magic? It is a horrible idea no matter how you look at it. You would be the only one who benefits from this, and would answer to nobody..."

I start energy-blasting the Spooky City. "Anyone interested in helping?"

(....What city, exactly?)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: December 31, 2014, 06:00:27 pm »

"Oppose. Why would we let you have all control over magic? It is a horrible idea no matter how you look at it. You would be the only one who benefits from this, and would answer to nobody..."
(I edited that paragraph a bit.) "I have given my reasons for how it would benefit others. Regardless, I can see your concerns and I feel they are valid."
Propose that I can be overruled if three other gods oppose me. If I'm supported by a god, the opposition number must go to four. If i'm supported by two, opposition must be at five, and so on. Resolution will be passed every Tick and a half or two Ticks.

(....What city, exactly?)
(The one that the Stone Warriors razed and ever since it's been haunted by Void Influence and monsters. I'm pretty sure there were two or three cities that were razed but I think GM retconned it to just the one.)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: December 31, 2014, 06:09:15 pm »

(I edited that paragraph a bit.) "I have given my reasons for how it would benefit others. Regardless, I can see your concerns and I feel they are valid."
Propose that I can be overruled if three other gods oppose me. If I'm supported by a god, the opposition number must go to four. If i'm supported by two, opposition must be at five, and so on. Resolution will be passed every Tick and a half or two Ticks.

"Oppose. You are just changing it slightly to get by opposition. Again."

(The one that the Stone Warriors razed and ever since it's been haunted by Void Influence and monsters. I'm pretty sure there were two or three cities that were razed but I think GM retconned it to just the one.)

(Judging by the map, they razed half a dozen...)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: December 31, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »

Me: I propose we do A, B, C, and D.
Other god: I don't like C! Oppose!
Me: Fine. I still think we should do A, B, and D, though. I propose that we do those but we don't do C.
Other god: You're just making a small change to get the proposal passed! Oppose!
Me: ಠ_ಠ
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:16:18 pm by Andres »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: December 31, 2014, 06:16:37 pm »

Me: I propose we do A, B, C, and D.
Other god: I don't like C! Oppose!
Me: Fine. I still think we should do A, B, and D, though. I propose that we do those but we don't do C.
Other god: You're just making a small change to get the proposal passed! Oppose!
Me: -_-

Stop putting so much in one proposal then? A,B,C, and D could each be their own. If you did that in the first place, your problem would be solved!

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 475