Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 641690 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [12+/999 players] IC: T42.5: Information and destruction
« Reply #2955 on: November 22, 2014, 09:21:57 pm »

((Also i thought you said it was an accident. Admitting the truth now, hrmmm?))
(Said what was an accident?)

((Besides which, I didn't 'forgive' him for genociding a city, nor was it about you claiming moons. His cause(not his actions) were just, because Yaos was getting out-of-hand in terms of trying to grab stuff and being so very aggressive towards anything trying to keep him from holding on. Yaos made power plays while claiming to be righteous, Grauel makes power plays without caring about righteousness, and Darruth is righteous but doesn't make power plays(or at least he hasn't yet).))
(Actually, all Yaos did was claim what was his by contract. He should only have a sixth of the moons because it was six gods who made them, but since one of the gods is inactive he felt he could have a fifth of the moons and each of the other four gods could also have fifths of the moons. The only 'aggressiveness' Yaos did was saying that anyone who tried to steal his moons would be blocked from entering, told to leave, or if those two options failed, use force to make them leave (ideally in a non-lethal fashion). That to me is more 'defensive' than 'aggressive'.)

((Oh, I'm sorry, I have to try and good a sizable worship base before I start flipping out at someone with a great deal of power without the council behind me. >.> Especially when they could literally kill me at any time if they really wanted to.))
(It wasn't criticism, I understand. It's just that Azem might simply see it as you being a coward and thus call you 'Good' ironically for only doing good when it's easy and convenient when most say that Good is goodest when it's hard to do Good. In other news, incorrect capitalisation has increased 500% ever since you entered the scene. :P)

"How many souls tire of paradise I wonder, and would jump at the chance to be reborn?
"Hehe. You'd be surprised how often that question comes up. The answer is none. That's the point of eternal paradise. The souls never get bored. They just feel good forever."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: November 22, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »

"Frankly, if souls can spend eternity without wanting to go back and help out others in achieving the spiritual purity needed to enter this "paradice" of yours, they are hardly good, would you dissagree?"
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: November 22, 2014, 09:30:17 pm »

(I've never really used it, but I had the idea that all gods Azem doesn't like, Fusil and Cim mostly, he doesn't bother to use their names and just uses their spheres or titles.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: November 22, 2014, 09:33:38 pm »

(I've never really used it, but I had the idea that all gods Azem doesn't like, Fusil and Cim mostly, he doesn't bother to use their names and just uses their spheres or titles.)

(I have been doing the opposite. The ones I like I use titles, as a sign of respect, the ones I don't I use their real name :P)

"Hehe. You'd be surprised how often that question comes up. The answer is none. That's the point of eternal paradise. The souls never get bored. They just feel good forever."

"Begone from this council, petty Angel. You have no idea how the perfect cycle works, and how stupid Yaos was in implementing his two afterlifes. If it was so perfect, then why did he only allow such a small percentage of it? My followers will live forever on our pefect worlds, as was the original intent. "
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: November 22, 2014, 09:40:19 pm »

"Frankly, if souls can spend eternity without wanting to go back and help out others in achieving the spiritual purity needed to enter this "paradice" of yours, they are hardly good, would you dissagree?"
"There are many facets and angels to Good. Good is, ironically, not black-and white. Yaos was of the belief that Good should be rewarded for its work with no conditions that more Good is made. She believed that Evil should be punished for its work with no conditions that more Evil be made. More good - more reward. More evil - more punishment. He felt this was fair and that it was as good as she could make it. Darruth wasn't around to advise him on the creation of the system and she received no complaints from him when he was around."

(I have been doing the opposite. The ones I like I use titles, as a sign of respect, the ones I don't I use their real name :P)
"Angel."
(I see you quite respect my angel, then. ;))

"If it was so perfect, then why did he only allow such a small percentage of it?"
"So that your system of reincarnation and soul-spawning wouldn't get messed up. If he let in too many people, less people would be born and you and the other gods would get angry. He tried remaking the reincarnation system so that no one had to go with less but then he realised ((the GM announced)) that it would've messed up the system anyway. So he dropped it and did the best he could with what he had."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: November 22, 2014, 09:43:36 pm »

"So that your system of reincarnation and soul-spawning wouldn't get messed up. If he let in too many people, less people would be born and you and the other gods would get angry. He tried remaking the reincarnation system so that no one had to go with less but then he realised ((the GM announced)) that it would've messed up the system anyway. So he dropped it and did the best he could with what he had."

"Don't pretend to understand it. I happen to know that he had an entire plane dedicated to torching his own followers for no reason. If he had such a problem with it, he could have taken some of the souls there back to the planets and gotten his own souls. Besides that point, nobody cares if Yaos takes all his followers away. If all of Yaos's followers had disappeared, nobody would have cared."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: November 22, 2014, 09:51:48 pm »

I thank you...I apologize for having confused you. Hunger and Greed are not so dissimilar, though they relate to different things. But that does not excuse my mistake. I hope you will forgive me; I have been...troubled, lately, and my focus is split at the moment between a great many things.

I must ask, though, Hunger, what happens to those souls the dragon consumes?

If I have it right, the soul is that which gives someone uniqueness and identity, yes? Was...was that lost?

Honest mistake. I hold no contempt towards you for that.

Regarding souls, I'm not sure. I've never myself consumed souls before and I was unaware that the dragon could or would. I simply ordered it to attack the Empire's forces.
If I were to speculate, I'd say that as all things are made of essence, the Dragon used what it absorbed as a source of empowerment.
If others are particularly interested, I might consider looking into if their souls can be returned but I would assume it is a situation similar to what happened when Yaos's direct essence was taken away. In effect, they likely cannot be brought back.
That said, while it wasn't my intention, neither am I the type to lament the unintended actions of the past. It is done and I will learn from what happened and respect your request for more future consideration on the Dragon's use but I will not dwell on it in guilt.

Tory: "Not just those that worshipped him, but also those who were good in life. If they were good in life and worshipped Yaos, they got eternal paradise. If they were evil and worshipped him, they were punished for a while and then sent to reincarnate. Yaos was doing Good regarding souls way before Darruth showed up, and is still doing so after death, if you ask me. Grauel's worse than a normal genocider because he not only murdered hundreds of thousands, but he's also preventing reincarnation for those who were morally neutral and eternal paradise for those who were Good."
Keep prodding about it and see just how bad I can really be. I called off my attack out of respect and because I considered the damage to mortals unnecessary. That said, it would be an easy matter for me to exterminate the rest of Yaos's angels without any further harm to mortals should you all continue to annoy me. I have no intention of sitting idly while you try and antagonize me in the eyes of the others. If I'm going to be antagonized, I might as well finish the job and look like a bad guy instead of not finishing it and looking like a bad guy.

Edit:
(The moons might have been a silly reason to attack but it wasn't just the moons. There were numerous instances of stuff like that happening and the moons were literally just the last straw. Grauel was breaking down from seeing someone try and claim all that stuff. The Hunger aspect of his sphere is somewhat similar to Yaos's Ambition and Azem's Greed. Except I try and play it out differently like Grauel literally hungers for stuff rather than just wanting it or being ambitious about getting stuff. So effectively it was like someone who is constantly excessively eating in front of a starving person who's trying not to antagonize others by taking too much. Finally the hungry guy snaps and decides to just start taking more food from the other guy eating too much. That's my weird analogy for it.)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:01:21 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: November 22, 2014, 09:58:27 pm »

"There are many facets and angels to Good. Good is, ironically, not black-and white. Yaos was of the belief that Good should be rewarded for its work with no conditions that more Good is made. She believed that Evil should be punished for its work with no conditions that more Evil be made. More good - more reward. More evil - more punishment. He felt this was fair and that it was as good as she could make it. Darruth wasn't around to advise him on the creation of the system and she received no complaints from him when he was around."

"I have nothing against rewarding good, neither I feel that demanding good would be required. But this system flat out denies the chance of those who desire to continue their efforts. I have created an afterlife that preserves all that one has made during their lifetimes to be used as they will, and gave them ability to raise goals for themselves in the next life as a bonus. A system that allows both to enjoy afterlife and go out again if you desire. It would not be difficult to add reincarnation at will to Yaos system"
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: November 22, 2014, 10:07:29 pm »

@Grauel: "Alright alright. Consider the matter dropped."

@Khaziraad: "You have a good point there. If Yaos had thought of it, he might've changed it. He's not a god of Good, though. He didn't know everything there was to Good. As far as he knew of Good, he was being as good as he possibly could. I apologise on his behalf for not knowing better."

"With all that said, is anyone looking for mercenary work from Elite Team Yaos? We accept payment in shinies, equipment, power, Essence orbs - those exist, right? - artifacts, passports, and anything else you might think of. Food and water is the only obvious exception."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: November 22, 2014, 10:10:44 pm »

I've been rather preoccupied, not to mention I had no idea there was a Shadow Realm...souls in my afterlife are 'punished' only in the sense that they are shown the results of their actions; if those actions were Good, the results will typically be Good. If they were Evil, the results will often induce guilt and sorrow in the soul, which serves to help them understand better what causes Good and what causes Evil. Yes, eventually they are so Good that they may rest if they wish to, but unsurprisingly, those souls that have reached near-perfect Goodness wish to help others reach the same, and so they do not wish for paradise; they wish for work.

Also, to be fair, Fusil, I would care if his followers disappeared. That many people missing would damage the worlds' economic balance, and I would lose the opportunity to convert them to Goodness. I'm having remarkable success among the humans. It pleases me.

((D: Azem doesn't like me? But...but...:())

I would be willing to hire you, but I'm afraid the only thing we have to offer at the moment is goodwill and the magic of mortals. Essence is slow to come, recently.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: November 22, 2014, 10:15:25 pm »

@Grauel: "Alright alright. Consider the matter dropped."

@Khaziraad: "You have a good point there. If Yaos had thought of it, he might've changed it. He's not a god of Good, though. He didn't know everything there was to Good. As far as he knew of Good, he was being as good as he possibly could. I apologise on his behalf for not knowing better."

"With all that said, is anyone looking for mercenary work from Elite Team Yaos? We accept payment in shinies, equipment, power, Essence orbs - those exist, right? - artifacts, passports, and anything else you might think of. Food and water is the only obvious exception."
"The protection of a god isn't enough payment?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: November 22, 2014, 10:17:24 pm »

"...What exactly do you plan on doing? Nobody is in any open conflicts, and we are currently quite capable of fighting off any mortal threats. Your god is dead, you cannot bring him back like this. Just retire, go under the shield of a new god, and become their knights. This will not end well for you."

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Gods [12+/999 players] IC: T43: Rebirth and ruin
« Reply #2967 on: November 22, 2014, 10:17:49 pm »

Tick 43: Rebirth and ruin

The Light has created a few elephants that are easily angered by violence. This will likely tend to result in a chain reaction of goring and trampling, so they don't really differ from regular elephants much beyond their color.

The Angel of the North is currently touring with a band of traveling Rani and Shadow Ravens. These are a few prayers directed to Neron:
"Can you make it so that Ice Titans spread icy landscape where they roam?"
"Sculptures are boring. What other forms of art can I make with ice?"
"Every time I try to use healing magic on someone, the someone gets even worse."

A number of Golems have been sent to rebuild the remnants of the Human Imperial capital. Some prayers addressed to Khaziraad include the following:
"How might I bind and confine an angel to a structure?"
"The Humans Seem To Be Getting Sick When Our Coworker Made Of Fibrous Rock Stays For Too Long. What Could Be Causing This?"
"I wish I could work on the great castles like the more famous Gremlins."

Serac listens and hears the following prayers:
Ritan: "I found a massive pearl today. What should I do with it?"
Sorae: "I wish these turtles could move faster."
Ritan: "May you bless my son, who will be in a rayce tomorrow!"

Fusil has requested that an angel of the late Yaos stop communicating with the Council.

Vaal has been transformed into Vaaliel.

(Tomorrow's update may also end up late)

This update's constellations are the Dagger and Sword. A comet has been sighted.

Spoiler: Deities (+0) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council rules (+1) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Council proposals (7) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Proposals (0) (click to show/hide)

New players are always welcome. Sphere ideas this tick are Thundre, Children, Earth, and Air.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: November 22, 2014, 10:20:34 pm »

Also, to be fair, Fusil, I would care if his followers disappeared. That many people missing would damage the worlds' economic balance, and I would lose the opportunity to convert them to Goodness. I'm having remarkable success among the humans. It pleases me.
"Hey! Leave Yaos' followers alone! If they want to worship a dead god, that's their choice! You don't just get to split them up and take them for yourself! This is where I'd expect Fusil to interject, but I'd like to remind him that when he was dead HIS followers weren't split up and shared between the remaining gods! They were still allowed to worship Fusil, and they weren't even discouraged in doing so!"

I would be willing to hire you, but I'm afraid the only thing we have to offer at the moment is goodwill and the magic of mortals. Essence is slow to come, recently.
"We can help build temples and spread your name if you want. You're the god of Good, so I think we can work out a payment later."

"The protection of a god isn't enough payment?"
Lette has been struck down!
"Apparently not. Speaking of which, I'd like to ask a question. Can a god destroy or bypass the physical/natural laws of a Council-made plane with no negative repercussions, somehow?"

((Was ninja'd. Will respond to the update soonish.))

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: November 22, 2014, 10:21:08 pm »

I may have a job for your grou, but first I neef to check if the thing I would offer you is still there.
Check if Puzzle boxes have bern looted allready.

(Ninjas)

They are angels created by god of humans, not god of good. If this was a matter concernig humans, they would work for free as they did unde Yaos and as all of our angels do.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:23:59 pm by DreamerGhost »
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 475