Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 640712 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [15+/999 players] IC: T35: Order and Weapons: Law and Conflict
« Reply #2220 on: November 15, 2014, 12:08:02 am »

Support 34.02
Support 34.03.03
Support 34.05

And you have never done the same? Besides the fact that he assisted in trying to repent for what he had done wrong? And you view this as justification for murder yourself? Where is your proof, then? Where is your proof that he means us ruin? Leaving aside your mere assumption that they are demons and corrupt anything they touch.

Your guilt is possible precisely because of your flagrant disregard for law, peace, and the authority of this council. I do not believe you would be stopped by a law, if that was all it was. I do believe that you can be stopped by the combined might of this Council, however, and that you will be if you continue to disrespect and disregard the system that aids in preventing anarchy from breaking out. No, Fusil, you will be stopped, and you will be shown your place; that of an equal, not a superior. Or perhaps less, if you continue to act in a fashion unbefitting to your station.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2221 on: November 15, 2014, 12:09:14 am »

"Do you know what 'guilty until proven innocent' is?
I am going to kill you, Cim. This is a deceleration of personal war between us. I can no longer allow you to live."
You argue that you are not trying to kill him while saying you are going to kill him? You are guilty, you admired it yourself here. Stop saying you are not.

And without laws and morals, there would be nothing stopping me from just throwing you out into the void right now.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:10:55 am by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: November 15, 2014, 12:12:25 am »

Fellow god, I suggest you resolve the conflict with a flip of a coin ((by the GM)) How about head for Cim and tail for Fusil?
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2223 on: November 15, 2014, 12:13:11 am »

((When was he killing your followers? Can you quote something? I don't remember that. :-\))

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2224 on: November 15, 2014, 12:23:39 am »

[spoiler=Votes updated]34.02: Seal Fusil away for (5-1/16)
+6 from Yaos, Serac, Azem, Joha, Kli, Darruth
0 from Khaziraad
-1 from Fusil
34.02.1: Seal Fusil away for a tick (1-1)
+1 from Yaos, Serac, Azem, Joha, and Kli
0 from Khaziraad
-1 from Fusil
34.02.3: Seal Fusil away for 3 ticks (6-1)
+6 from Yaos, Serac, Azem, Joha, Kli, Darruth
0 from Khaziraad
-1 from Fusil
34.02.6: Seal Fusil away for 6 ticks (3-1)
+3 from Yaos, Joha, Serac
-1 from Fusil

34.03: Seal Strike Team Fusil away as well (3-2/16)
+3 from Joha, Yaos, Kli
0 from Grauel
-2 from Fusil and Darruth
34.03.1.: Limit sealing Strike Team Fusil so that its members may defend Fusil (4-1/16)
+4 from Grauel, Serac, Azem, and Khaziraad
-1 from Yaos
34.03.2:  Limit sealing angels in general so that they may defend their creators (5-0/16)
+7 from Grauel, Serac, Azem, Joha, Khaziraad, Yaos, Kli
34.03.3: Bind Cim's angels to guard Cim if Cim is imprisoned (2-0/16)
+2 from Yaos, Darruth

34.04: Lock away both Cim and Fusil or neither of them (3-3/16)
+3 from Azem, Yaos, and Darruth
-3 from Yaos, Joha, Serac

34.05: A trial will end after 2 integer ticks (from Tx to Tx+2) with votes tallied based solely on support and opposition. Conflict results in comparing support and opposition. (5-0/16)
+5 from Yaos, Joha, Serac, Kli, Darruth

34.06: Resolve the trial with a coin flip between Cim and Fusil (1-0/16)
+1 from Varee[/vote]

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: November 15, 2014, 12:25:42 am »

((whoops wrong one))
Support 34.03.02
Oppose 34.06(How about no?)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: November 15, 2014, 12:26:19 am »

And you have never done the same? Besides the fact that he assisted in trying to repent for what he had done wrong? And you view this as justification for murder yourself? Where is your proof, then? Where is your proof that he means us ruin? Leaving aside your mere assumption that they are demons and corrupt anything they touch.

"Have I ever slaughtered countless innocents for such a petty reason? No, in fact, I haven't. Have you? The only mortals I have ever sent my Strike Team to kill are the Breakers themselves and the Legendary Slaughter orc. You are an absolute racist if you think I have gone around indiscriminately slaughtering people just for the heck of it. He 'assisted' by betraying the Breaker leader, who he had put into the position and ordered every attack. Who do you think summoned the demons? Nobody has a motive, save for the man who has admitted to listening to the siren song of the Void. "

Your guilt is possible precisely because of your flagrant disregard for law, peace, and the authority of this council. I do not believe you would be stopped by a law, if that was all it was. I do believe that you can be stopped by the combined might of this Council, however, and that you will be if you continue to disrespect and disregard the system that aids in preventing anarchy from breaking out. No, Fusil, you will be stopped, and you will be shown your place; that of an equal, not a superior. Or perhaps less, if you continue to act in a fashion unbefitting to your station.

"Laws only exist to get in the way. As a god of goodness, you should know this. Of course I disregard them. Why would I low someone else s' opinion a place over my own? Let alone the opinion of someone I am about to slay. As for peace, I am a god of war. I have not started any conflict, merely armed the sides. It seems everyone is quite good at causing wars one their own, actually. What is wrong with anarchy? The gods have done fine far before the laws where made, or at the very least we have not changed our behavior one iota since their creation.

If you insist on getting in my way too, god of 'Goodness', I will have to cut you down and seal you as with Yaos. Anyone in the way is only an obstacle that must be knocked aside. That goes double for you, at least I am on relatively friendly terms with Yaos and a few of the others. You? There is nothing stopping me from simply letting Tykki injure you until you can no longer pose a threat. Be that to the blood or to the death."

You argue that you are not trying to kill him while saying you are going to kill him? You are guilty, you admired it yourself here. Stop saying you are not.

And without laws and morals, there would be nothing stopping me from just throwing you out into the void right now.

"I am not trying. Tykki is. And my guns are doing a pretty good job of keeping you from flinging me into the void, and the fact we are already in it."

((When was he killing your followers? Can you quote something? I don't remember that. :-\))

(It was done while you where in stasis. It is a long series of things. Basically, he armed a bunch of peasants with shields that break weapons and ordered them to slaughter some of my followers, than bragged about it. Everyone will vouch for me on that.)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2227 on: November 15, 2014, 12:41:35 am »

EDIT: Corrected a few, noted resolution status
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 12:47:20 am by Kilojoule Proton »

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2228 on: November 15, 2014, 12:44:52 am »

On another note, what are we going to do with sleeping gods? I propose that gods who have gone inactive have their essence drained into a pool for use in council projects.
We could leave them at one essence if the thought of killing gods is abhorrent to you, but they are unlikely to ever awaken again...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: November 15, 2014, 12:47:51 am »

I'd rather not kill them. Also leaving them with one essence would make it easier to kill them for whomever's going around doing that but I guess if they only had one essence, it would also take away the essence gain from killing them and maybe remove the motive.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: November 15, 2014, 12:53:06 am »

((Very long currently unwritten post incoming, please ninja me gently.))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2231 on: November 15, 2014, 12:54:36 am »

I'd rather not kill them. Also leaving them with one essence would make it easier to kill them for whomever's going around doing that but I guess if they only had one essence, it would also take away the essence gain from killing them and maybe remove the motive.
Is it not just as easy to drain someone at full essence as it would be at one? It has not stopped them from dying so far anyways.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: November 15, 2014, 12:55:49 am »

If you think you have the power to face six gods arrayed against you, you are sorely mistaken. If you kill me simply to show off your power, you will be destroyed, and I will be a martyr. Have you any idea what martyrdom is, and does, within my domain? The power it has? No, that was a foolish question, apologies. You obviously have no idea what Good is.

Laws exist for far more than obstruction; they serve as guidelines and ethics of behaviour that keep a society from falling apart. As you can clearly see, your attempt to defy them is indeed damaging the cooperation of the gods; the divine society.

For the moment, I will leave aside your obvious misunderstanding of the term 'racist'. You say no one has a motive besides Cim. But what does Cim have to gain by summoning Demons? You, on the other hand, have admitted to wishing to kill him for a great time now; and these incidents serve as your excuse, do they not? Hmmm...

Finally, besides the other god's Archangels, my own Archangel, and my own divine power, nothing is stopping Tykki.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2233 on: November 15, 2014, 12:56:34 am »

I think the intention was that draining a god with only 1E left isn't worth the risk of getting caught.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: November 15, 2014, 01:12:00 am »

If you think you have the power to face six gods arrayed against you, you are sorely mistaken. If you kill me simply to show off your power, you will be destroyed, and I will be a martyr. Have you any idea what martyrdom is, and does, within my domain? The power it has? No, that was a foolish question, apologies. You obviously have no idea what Good is.

"Fool, I know what a mortar is, and it is in my domain! I can easily explode one such as you with it. Do you even know what good is? As you are defending an unrepentant mass murderer just for the sake of him calling himself 'lawful.". There may be six gods here, but there are seven members of strike team Fusil. I will do my best to slay evil like that of Cim, which is far more good than anything you have done."

Laws exist for far more than obstruction; they serve as guidelines and ethics of behaviour that keep a society from falling apart. As you can clearly see, your attempt to defy them is indeed damaging the cooperation of the gods; the divine society.

"Cooperation isn't necissarily a good thing, and I would argue that it strengthened it. Could you get this many people to vote before I was about to shoot Cim in the face? We don't need guidelines and ethics of behavior, especially not ones inferior to my own. These laws are just pointless, hallow words. Cim will die, and the world will be better for it."

For the moment, I will leave aside your obvious misunderstanding of the term 'racist'. You say no one has a motive besides Cim. But what does Cim have to gain by summoning Demons? You, on the other hand, have admitted to wishing to kill him for a great time now; and these incidents serve as your excuse, do they not? Hmmm...

"My excuse to kill him is that he slayed my followers with the Breaker knights. That is why I want to kill him. He probably has essence to gain by summoning demons, or some other form of dark pact. The same reason Sarac made the temple at the bottom of the sea. I was going to kill him when he was weak, that was accomplished by Honor's corpse, not by the demons."

Finally, besides the other god's Archangels, my own Archangel, and my own divine power, nothing is stopping Tykki.

"Tykki and I are stronger than all of you combined, with our combined skills and excellent teamwork. Tykki has already taken on two archangels in a head- on fight with the help of STF, while your own archangel was beaten up by a mindless demon. As for your divine power, you are quite lacking in essence. If you go down any further, it would be simple for Tykki and I to seal you away."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 475