Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 475

Author Topic: Tick 111: SGame Over (not the epilogue)  (Read 641498 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods [13/∞] Game Thread/IC (Started and still recruiting)
« Reply #630 on: October 21, 2014, 08:52:44 pm »

(Forgot completely about the Angels. We made those a loooong time ago...)

I make the angels in the same way I made Tykki, forming them from a mass of weapons with an attention to detail rivaled by none. I look over the five new angels, bringing them to life with the sound of a cannon exploding, causing each to open their eyes at once. Each looked different, composed of different models of weapons giving them much needed verity.

"Hello, my Angels. I would very much like your assistance. From now on, you will be named Hubka, Isibhamu, Silaha, Drylliau, and Feuerwaffe. It seems you made it in time for the Feast of Fusil, feel free to join and help followers in any way you see fit. Until it starts, go through the land spreading the creation and use of weapons, as well as faith in me. If you sense any of my followers in danger, do your best to protect them by any means necessary. I would like to spend time with you some time, to get to know each of you, but we have an eternity for that. For now, we are busy. Goodbye, for now, it will be pleasant seeing you again."

(And thus, strike team Fusil has formed!)
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 21, 2014, 08:55:25 pm »

Hm..
Appear to the wood-elves, and teach them of such things as the value of life, and magical songs of growth and healing.

(Minor note: my name is misspelled in the proposals...)
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 21, 2014, 09:05:05 pm »

Grauel attempts to issue a major-level retcon such that the Grauel reproduce by spores instead of as fruit. The GM asks "Wasn't this always the case to begin with? My headcanon always had them as moss-like spore-forming intelligence."
(Yes and no. Originally they grew out of tree like structures that grew out of some moss like substance. The tree like structures made the Gruen as well as the spores that would develop into new patches of moss that would later develop into new trees which could produce new Gruen... or something like that... Yeah it's much simpler just to say that they grow out of the ground directly from spores.)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 21, 2014, 09:36:37 pm »

Azem checks on the progress of his creations, as well as the humans.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #634 on: October 21, 2014, 10:18:41 pm »

Fusil: Hubka, Isibhamu, Silaha, Drylliau, and Feuerwaffe (the only one whose original language I can actually guess) agree and teleplot away. They will be doing much jumping over the next few weeks, demonstrating the power, use, and construction of weapons to assorted mortals in preparation for the Feast of Fusil.

(Lost in Nowhere: Fixed for T011)

Joha: You give the wood-elves sphere-related knowledge on the value of life and aligned spell-songs. In ages to come, they will be known as caretakers of the forests, helping to maintain their original states through generous application of Life knowledge and aligned magic.

(gman8181: This change is free, don't worry too much about it.)

Azem: With your introduction of currency on Slytha, the average administrative regional size has increased greatly. Now, sufficiently powerful groups or individuals control multiple villages and towns, which have also grown in size. Some particularly densely populated human towns even submit to single rulers. This is the beginning of a time when vast empires control the land. The Mountwyrms, of course, profit from these developments, as centralized control also allows for a centralized military, which helps reduce the substantial losses from banditry.

The families of the newly gem-colored Mountwyrms have become nobility in their regions and now operate a powerful council regulating the flow of shinies in various towns.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #635 on: October 21, 2014, 10:22:17 pm »

Well, I'll check up on my two races.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #636 on: October 21, 2014, 10:46:25 pm »

Serac: The Sorae have acquired a reputation as some of the best sea traders on Keshan. Although they have little native mineral resources, they easily make up for it by having a secret method of fishing (trawling) which provides significant income for them. They are also quite cohesive compared to the other races, probably in part because of the isolation of the island turtles from the rest of the world.

The Ritan's relations with the land-dwelling races have improved greatly. They now export various sea spices grown only undersea and import metal and exotic foods, and the trade balance is typically in their favor. One of the sea spices seems to boost psymental magical ability, which has led to a significant industry for various mages across the lands. Pieces of their coral are also in high demand.

No one seems to know where the Scales of Drought are any more. (Read: But a suggestion would be welcome)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 21, 2014, 10:53:17 pm »

Azem makes his the angels Mountwyrms, with dragonfly wings, and brilliant glowing scales that are somehow shinier than any mortal can achieve, looking over the five and bringing them to life with the sound of tinkling coins.

"Rubin, Smarag, Diam, Amathet, Tomal, awaken my children. We have much work to do. Teach the mortals of the wonders of greed and trade and how to go about it. Assist any of my followers who are in danger.

(Suggestions for alterative names welcome. I actually came up with two more, thinking I needed seven names. Zirco and Sapphira.)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 21, 2014, 10:56:15 pm »

Yaos (Humans): 20/20, 5-6
(What does the 5-6 mean?)

Yaos changes her mind about 3.09 and SUPPORTS it.

Yaos changes into her old man form.
HERESY! I'll make those vermin pay.
Yaos instructs his prophet on Keshan to do a few things in Yaos' name. The prophet is to spread the word of Yaos. He will denounce the Gruen as cannibals and as threats to Humanity.
He will denounce the heretic humans who worship the Gruen and claim that they are stupid and unclean and unfavored by the God of Humans. It will be true as I will subtly siphon life force from them so they live on average 10 - 15 years less. The heretics may repent by sacrificing animals and faithfully praying to me.
Those who already worship me will not be granted longer life but their journey to old age and death will be less painful and undignified.
I will grant the prophet slightly longer life to spread my word and I will grant him the ability to perform minor miracles.
He shall spread word of a savior that will unite humanity and free them from the terror of the Gruen. The savior will be born after the death of the prophet.
Two years before his death he will expand and organise the worship of Yaos by founding clergy, scriptures, rituals, and places of worship.
If his life is threatened Yaos will act subtly so that faithful warriors will always be nearby should he need protection. It will almost always seem as though it was coincidence that they just happened to be there.

On Slytha, a human randomly chosen from the faithful will be selected as a prophet. He or she will have slightly longer life and will spread the word of Yaos.

"Fusil! You are the god of weapons. My Faithful on Keshan require weapons in order to protect themselves from the Gruen and the Heretics who worship them. I implore you to send your angels and help them! You will receive aid from my prophet there to help your angels should they need it."

"To the rest of the council I have a proposal: that the most faithful of our followers and our prophets and our highest of clergy should have their souls upon death appear in afterlives of our own individual designs. I wish to share in their company after their mortal bodies have expired but am unable to do so. It saddens me greatly."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #639 on: October 21, 2014, 11:02:24 pm »

You know, the scales could be made into a suit of armour and a sword... And anyone who is attacked by those weapons would be under siege by the weather and an army.

Edit: Having the afterlife for extremely worthy mortals, I like that idea. It has my support.
(Races do increase on there own, right? So it isn't like we would run out... And if they got bored they could return)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:07:38 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 21, 2014, 11:06:09 pm »

"Fusil! You are the god of weapons. My Faithful on Keshan require weapons in order to protect themselves from the Gruen and the Heretics who worship them. I implore you to send your angels and help them! You will receive aid from my prophet there to help your angels should they need it."

"To the rest of the council I have a proposal: that the most faithful of our followers and our prophets and our highest of clergy should have their souls upon death appear in afterlives of our own individual designs. I wish to share in their company after their mortal bodies have expired but am unable to do so. It saddens me greatly."

"I had realized this before you had even spoken. Long ago, just after humanity was created, I had directed Tykki's efforts in teaching mortals to the humans. Starting, of course, with the villages close to the Gruen or otherwise in danger. They are fully capable of defending themselves, especially in groups. If you feel it wise, I suggest organizing your men more effectively, perhaps forming a military. I will support them in weapon creation whenever I feel it necessary, and many of my angels are gathering followers among the humans while teaching them further in the ways of weapons already. The tools are all there, all you need is organization. This should be simple as the god of humanity."

"As for your proposal, I see no reason to use council funds for this. My most loyal followers will continue in the cycle of reincarnation, granting them eternal life, rather than a dead world. I suggest you pull out souls on an individual bases if you wish to do so, we have a currently empty spirit realm you could design. At the very least, this should be up to the individual god to decide."

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 21, 2014, 11:13:32 pm »

A bit of a stingy reaction don't you think? I helped pay for the humans too and I deserve my cut one way or another. I don't mind you arming them and teaching them to defend themselves, but if you plan to start throwing curses around and involving angels, expect me to do the same. Believe me, I have not been idle all these ticks before your birth and I do not appreciate you intervening so directly with those who serve me or my creations.

Edit:

Of course, I have no problem with the angels teaching the humans how to use weapons but I do not wish to see them directly combat my creations.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:17:10 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #642 on: October 21, 2014, 11:16:52 pm »

(Azem: I can recognize Ruby, Emerald, Diamond, Amethyst, Zircon, and Sapphire. Is Tomal tourmaline?)

Yaos:
(5-6 raw Worship points (not considering Worship Quality))

(Yaos: -3 Essence)

Yaos: You shorten the lives of the Gruen cultists and absorb the suffering of the aging faithful. Not many seem to care, as the life expectancy of a Gruen cultist is quite low anyway. You also give the prophet an extended lifespan and will automatically tell him to expand your Worship two years before death. You also use the Butterfly Method to make sure he has bodyguards at the (next?) assassination attempt. Finally, you create a prophet on Yaos.

(Serac: Keep in mind that the number of mortals increases (and so does the number of souls). You can easily skim off your most devoted and there wouldn't be sudden outbreaks of stillbirth or something.)

(Re afterlife: Partitioning works on spirit dimensions too.)

(Also, we now have a unique Angel of War (Tykki: Weapons) and a unique Angel of Famine (Devourer: Hunger). Anyone want to make a unique Angel of Death or a unique Angel of Pestilence (or a unique Angel of Conquest) and a few unique horses?)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 21, 2014, 11:20:56 pm »

(Yep. That's my most creative one actually.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 21, 2014, 11:21:24 pm »

A bit of a stingy reaction don't you think? I helped pay for the humans too and I deserve my cut one way or another. I don't mind you arming them and teaching them to defend themselves, but if you plan to start throwing curses around and involving angels, expect me to do the same. Believe me, I have not been idle all these ticks before your birth and I do not appreciate you intervening so directly with those who serve me or my creations.

"I hope you are not lumping me in with him. I armed the humans so they may defend themselves, as that is my sphere. I had no other intervention besides teaching them the way of arms, and of course converting several. I had assumed you would not object, as I have been doing this for so long with so many races. You did, after all, fund at least one project in direct opposition to the Gruen sating their hunger. I may arm them as well, if I see it fit."

(Also, we now have a unique Angel of War (Tykki: Weapons) and a unique Angel of Famine (Devourer: Hunger). Anyone want to make a unique Angel of Death or a unique Angel of Pestilence (or a unique Angel of Conquest) and a few unique horses?)

(I vote the life god for Death (Takith and givith), and the Random god for Pestilence (Obvious reasons). :P)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 475